Duna SSTV transmission

Firebawl

Ok I have finished reading this whole post and feel so utterly lost right now, is this for a mod or something else?? I have only had the game since the end of last month so maybe there is something I am not understanding here. Seems interesting though!

*begin creepypasta music again*

On Duna if you can find it there is a pyrimad that emits an sstv signal, if you put it through a program that decodes sstv signals you get the image linked in the op

*end creepypasta music*

Edit:

i think it writes bop (where the kraken is) in the circle

... I see a P in there... Maybe perhaps there's another pyrimad on bop?

(Dun dun dun!)

Ok I have finished reading this whole post and feel so utterly lost right now, is this for a mod or something else?? I have only had the game since the end of last month so maybe there is something I am not understanding here. Seems interesting though!

At some planets there are some easter eggs. The SSTV transmission is one of them and it is located on Duna. Search the forum in order to see what are the easter egg and where you can find them

2.9 hours left of the Ion stage burn, and the coasting stage will begin.

... I see a P in there... Maybe perhaps there's another pyrimad on bop?

Well, that's going to be my next destination!

Edited by Holo

For some reason I am ridiculously interested and must know how this ends. I am following your progress attentively and wish you the best of luck :P

Maybe it's the firewall here at work which blocks images, but what's your exploratory probe look like? I'm curious to see what you assembled for the journey.

Maybe it's the firewall here at work which blocks images, but what's your exploratory probe look like? I'm curious to see what you assembled for the journey.

That's probably because I haven't posted any images yet :P

Here's the Ion stage:

TN5ayqZ.png

The rest of the rocket is just an ordinary ~10 km/s NERVA stage and a 2-1 mainsail asparagus booster.

EDIT: Acceleration is now a brisk 0.031 g. Ion stage is 93% depleted.

Edited by Holo

The figures on the left look like Kerbals with enlarged heads.

EDIT: 1h39m in, just passed the orbit of Minmus. Ion stage is 6% depleted.

So it turns out that I underestimated the time it will take to reach 10 Em by a factor of 10001.33. I thought it was 0.1 ly, not 1000 ly. Anyone know any mods that will let me timewarp 1,000,000 years quickly?

EDIT:

The good news is that my acceleration is at an unfathomably huge .024 g

Krags planet factory mod has a 1.000.000 time warp i think! Maybe that helps

This has been discussed ever since it was found, most of the image is just garbage, according to Novasilisko, who was the person who put it in the game way back when.

dunaegg.jpg

I don't know if that thread survived the forum implosion, but Nova essentially said that the rest of the "puzzle" isn't ready, not in yet, or was never going to be added for whatever reason.

The general consensus back then was it was a guide to the magic boulder. Which I'm not sure if it's even in the game anymore.

Guest Brody_Peffley

Did anyone try to search the whole intire solar system? maybe they added something. Since everybody stopped looking for easter eggs. We don't know if theres new ones.

I've set the UT of my save file to 31,553,800,000,000. My probe should be nearing the 10 Em mark now, I'll check.

EDIT:

SIGNAL FOUND

I HEARD SOMETHING

THEN I PANICKED AND SWITCHED MY SPEAKERS OFF

BUT OH MY GOD

THERE IS A SIGNAL

I'm going to reload the save file, with recording on. Hopefully it wasn't a one-off glitch.

EDIT2:

Results were not replicated. :(

Edited by Holo

Yeah, I couldn't replicate it. I'm gonna try repeating the steps once more, just on the off chance.

EDIT: Nope, still nothing :(

Edited by Holo

2.9 hours left of the Ion stage burn, and the coasting stage will begin.

Well, that's going to be my next destination!

cant believe i actually contributed to this,, i was starting to think maybe that messing with filters would get me no where, glad to see its kinda helped

The "angle" in the picture is the transfer phase angle from Kerbin to Duna (or vice versa.) It proves that, whatever those creatures were, they knew a thing or two about math.

Why they would NEED a transfer orbit, though, is a much different story...

The "angle" in the picture is the transfer phase angle from Kerbin to Duna (or vice versa.) It proves that, whatever those creatures were, they knew a thing or two about math.

Why they would NEED a transfer orbit, though, is a much different story...

Nova said it was not important, but what if they still used rockets as a transfer method?

i don't think you'll find anything there besides the kraken. if you use ISAmapsat or scnasat they will show you the anomalies on the ground and since the magic boulder is still missing i wouldn't bother.

Yes, but those easter eggs are hard coded in. That means there can be a secret one that no one has found that wasn't found yet...

See my post on page four of this thread, most of the stuff in that picture means nothing. The other stuff like the "Bop" word are most likely due to decoding errors because the original sound file was encoded in ogg format that uses lossy compression, so some of the information is missing/corrupted. Until Nova posts the original picture or explains it more, there's not much chance that anything new will be discovered from this. It was discussed ad infinitum in the old easter eggs thread.

Edited by Dweller_Benthos

• 3 weeks later...

OK. So, if the image does in fact show a transmission from the Duna pyramid to a celestial body, and the transmission is picked up at 10,000 pentameters, does that hint at the existence of a planet or other easter egg at that altitude? (By the way, what's 10,000 pentameters in meters?)