Duna SSTV transmission

Firebawl

I still have the un-staticked version of the SSTV image. Anyone want it, or would that ruin the mystery?

The signal coming from far away from the sun must be a bug, or if not, it wasn't done by me.

I can, by the way, confirm that there's no superdistant planet, just from all the detective work I've been doing for Alternis. It would've shown up in one of the many infodumps I've made.

Edited by NovaSilisko

(By the way, what's 10,000 pentameters in meters?)

10k pe(n?)tameters is already in meters..? Or in other words 10 exameters. A number with nineteen zeros after it, like so: 10000000000000000000 meters. Or, ten quintillion meters, or ten quadrillion kilometers. The latter seems a bit silly as it has two 'multipliers'.

(edit - quintillions and quadrillions as used in u.s, number-naming conventions may vary)

Edited by kurja

here is what ive come up with,

-snip-

first near the orange blob, i saw a face (could be seeing things) and its head seemed a bit enlarged like the face up north of the pyramid, the next one is the original with the face circled,

-snip-

the next one is about the figure closest to the pyramid, his head is rectangular lik like that of kerbals while the others are rounded (except for the furthest one, youll see in the last picture

-snip-

and here is the last picture

-snip-

of corse i can always be going insane and have that syndrom that makes you see faces where there isnt, i just figured that mabey squad set it up in a way so it would be as if the signal has deteriorated over time and has lost some info

Actually,the red line is an arrow,pointing from ike to duna.

Sorry! Give me a little bit - I've realized that technically this could be considered releasing a game asset, and I want to make 200% sure I won't be accidentally breaking an NDA by posting it! Hopefully not, since it's just a cleaned up version of something in the game. I should have thought of that before asking if you wanted it posted, though. :(

If that doesn't work, I can just spoil the whole mystery I had had planned, via text :sticktongue:

Would you rather I just do that now, instead?

Edited by NovaSilisko

I'm afraid you might be let down if you were expecting a grand puzzle that was completely thought out and intricate... the most it was was a loose narrative that I had in my head connecting most of the easter eggs, and a bit of a reward for uncovering them all. Here's a writeup on it, on pastebin in case anyone wants to continue on in blissful ignorance: http://pastebin.com/3vvjushy