Starbound

EuSouONumero345

Ah that would be nice... except the fact that I'm out of fuel, remember, the distress beacon...

No trees or coal on your planet? Doesn't take much of either to skip town.

If you ARE out of both on your planet, there's not much else you can do. Unless you're really geared up, I'd hold off on the distress beacon anyway: that boss is brutal without at least silver armor (or the snow armor, until they nerf it).

Wait, coal fuels the ship?

Yup, coal and unrefined wood do the trick. There are better fuels in Beta and beyond, but those are the ones in Alpha. A full stack of wood will fill your ship's fuel; a stack of 500 coal will do the same.

New patch!

Combat's been entirely redone: instead of comparing AP against armor, weapons now have a DPS value and armor simply reduces damage. Makes it easier to decide if a weapon is "better" or not. Armor values now stack, where before they were averaged across your gear. Creatures all seem smarter, especially the flying mobs. Starter weapon seems less godly, which is good.

Unrefined wood doesn't work as fuel anymore, but coal/ores are all more plentiful than before. Planets aren't really tiered as they were before, so exploration is easier.

Can't say I've noticed anything else. Now to track down a changelog...

Unrefined wood doesn't work as fuel anymore, but coal/ores are all more plentiful than before. Planets aren't really tiered as they were before, so exploration is easier.

At least in the beginning (when you don´t have any good weapons, it eems to be the contrary ... the game being harder as the mobs are stronger than the former level 1 mobs.

I had the misfortune that I landed on a planet with no tree near the beam location, no significant iron deposits in the ground (only copper and coal) and the agressive mobs making expeditions extremly difficult.

Went only better (not to say, extremly easy), when I made my way into the huge Apex underground base, that was left of my teleporting location and discovered that the Apex guardians were easier to defeat than the Mobs that roamed the surface (and dropped weapons that were way better than the starting sword I had to use before).

Now, with an Apex melee weapon with 41 DPS (instead of just 10 like my start sword) defeating the mobs on the surface has become rather easy, with them usually getting killed with 1-2 hits

Correction ... the next update doesn´t require a wipe

https://twitter.com/StarboundGame/status/410465526180491264

14 € for europeans ... guess for the USA it is 14 or 15 $

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211820

Sorry computer fund, you will suffer for my entertainment

That sounded cruel...

It definitely wiped out my three characters.

I talk about the one after today ... which isn´t out yet.

They already discovered balancing issues with the damage numbers from todays upodate and are planning another one which, as initially believed, would require another wipe (but now doesn´t)

I talk about the one after today ... which isn´t out yet.

They already discovered balancing issues with the damage numbers from todays upodate and are planning another one which, as initially believed, would require another wipe (but now doesn´t)

Ah, I gotcha now. That's good news!

Seems Godot was right: another new patch today to rebalance weapon DPS and no character wipe. Alas, I missed my opportunity to 5-shot the first boss with the iron bow.

Seems like they slowed down mining a bit, too, though the ore is still plentiful. I also can't seem to scan seeds into the 3d printer, which is odd.

Lol I versed the first boss both with and without the damage buff. At first it was close near to impossible. Second time around it was a joke xD. Currently doing some 'sploring in the Beta Sector. My suggestion is to carry your Forge and Crafting table around with you in the ship for easy access. I am having a hard time with fuel because I had to spend a lot of fuel to go to a different star system and then return to my home system to make stuff.

I or my part have gotten into the habit of other people ...

erecting some kind of mobile home on my ship, that includes, at the least, all crafting stations.

I will still make surface bases, but they are just an addition to the base on the ship.

Usually, if I have a planet and several moons, I make the more habitable one my temporary home base,

so that it is rather easy to return (with a cost of just 1 fuel)

It is funny btw. (but also in good old CRPG tradition) ... you can plunder the houses of friendly villages at your own free will and noone says anything ...

but never ever run around with a weapon :D

Edited by Godot

It's funny, I started with everything in my ship, but now I've started building small homes near the beam-down point to give me some protection while I mine. Never felt the need to do so after so many hours in Terraria, but there's some great stuff deep below the surface.

I'm having a problem getting it, my moms saying its not even released yet, and I'm trying to get her to stop all the excuses not to get it, but now the site is having issues.

Can anyone help?

Edit: we bought it, but it says it'll send an email when beta is out, and the site says some time 2013?

Edited by Deadpangod3

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.