Starbound

EuSouONumero345

This game is awesome!! But hard.

Lots of the monsters look like Pokemon... :rolleyes:

But i noticed something a little creepy...

So last Monday I load up the game and in the start menu there's this planet and OMFG THERE'S TENTACLESEVERYWHEREAHHHHHKRAKEN!!!!!

It looks like the kraken has made the planet his home. Freaking out, I rushed through the wiki searching everything involving tentacles.

Apon searching "tentacle biome" it brought up a page about a biome. But doesn't have a single word on it, except for saying its a biome for planets in the Delta sector. Just one or two pictures, one of a planet from someone's ship, showing the same tentacles, and another from the surface. Tentacle trees everywhere.

I decided to try a new character for exploring, and selected glitch as my race.

And the planet I spawn on,

HAS TENTACLES FOR TREES!!! I returned to my normal character and started gearing up to go and defeat the robot boss to get a robotic crafting table,

Now I always carry a strange sword with godlike damage with me wherever I go, incase the kraken decides to visit. Someone in multiplayer gave me the sword.

If the star map upgrade mk4 makes you able to enter the delta sector, i should be able to explore for one of these "kraken planets"

If you read the log things when you first spawn a human character, it says earth was ripped apart, and a "Beast from beyond the stars" crash landed on earth. And it speaks about tentacles.

Could this perhaps be the beast?

Someone needs to explore further.

*end conspiracy*

What's the recommended armor for fighting the robot boss?

Edited by Deadpangod3
Corrected errors

As someone who really likes Terraria, is Starbound a worthy upgrade? To me it looks like a sci-fi version of Terraria with more pixels, which sounds nice.

Definitely. It's fun as hell and the modding community is already huge. I would recommend playing with some friends though, it boosts the experience and you have someone watching your back. I know my brother has saved my ass a couple times.

Also the Terraria soundtrack goes great with it.

I listened to this while fighting a boss and it was intense.

As someone who really likes Terraria, is Starbound a worthy upgrade? To me it looks like a sci-fi version of Terraria with more pixels, which sounds nice.

I've blown through the alpha content in Starbound pretty fast, but I'm still having a better time than Terraria. Character design is better, the water and lava physics are a lot less buggy... Also guns. Guns everywhere. And yeah. SPACE. Pretty decent for $15 at least.

So... what races do you like to play? I play Floran, as I think their story is quite fascinating. Think about it, you come from some tribe that eats travellers and then steal their stuff, but you find that way too barbaric. However, old habits die hard...

By the way, there isn't a lot of Hylotl lore, is there?

HOARD THAT.

They're used in high tier crafting.

So basicly I can make awesome armor?

Good thing I took all of it, like thirty or so of it :)

Edit, dafauq? I beam down to my home planet to cut down some trees for wooden platforms and when I get there, there grey things falling outta the sky!!

Apparently a "meteor" fell on my base... When it fell my first thought was "the sky pooped on me!" I don't even know xD

So now to spend a few minutes cleaning up,

Too bad there isn't any ores...

Edited by Deadpangod3

I kind of abandoned the KSP community because I make mods for starbound now.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/weather.959/

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/nuclearbound.453/

I've been too busy with these mods to do anything here, so if you've missed me, you know the reason why.

I kind of abandoned the KSP community because I make mods for starbound now.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/weather.959/

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/nuclearbound.453/

I've been too busy with these mods to do anything here, so if you've missed me, you know the reason why.

Same. Science Collection Simulator 2013 KSP has really lost it's charm, especially after the recent Kerbalkon drama and dev purges. Gonna miss coding in C# though. Lua is not a fun language. :,<

Same. Science Collection Simulator 2013 KSP has really lost it's charm, especially after the recent Kerbalkon drama and dev purges. Gonna miss coding in C# though. Lua is not a fun language. :,<

I don't really do KSP anymore since i'm waiting for new features, and 0.23 with tweakables doesn't really interest me. I would rather have career mode polished so we have goals given to us rather than us making it up, to give us something to do while we wait for the next update.

Oh, and also, new mod.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/dubstep-gun.1066/

Is this game worth the $14.99.

OH GAWD

I had this same predicament 1 1/2 years ago with KSP.

But seriously, is it worth it?

It's worth $15 mostly because it will be more expensive later. By itself it's not worth the money, but in a few months it'll be more complete and the cost will likely go up.

It's worth $15 mostly because it will be more expensive later. By itself it's not worth the money, but in a few months it'll be more complete and the cost will likely go up.

That is exactly the same thing that is happening with KSP. When I bought it it was $22, now it's $27.

Cooking table: Mmmmmmm, roasted bananas Roast_Banana_Icon.png

Loved the snow trooper helmet :)

LOL < had to look at 'web to find the fuel hatch :P

Lots of funny items to pick up, if you like minecraft, give this game a try.

Game says I have to build an army, is that possible yet ? (PM me plz)

Edited by Lohan2008

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.