Hai there... YAHP (Yet Another Hello Post)

MGCJerry

After reading about KSP elsewhere on the 'net, I decided to check it out and downloaded the demo. Lots of fun even if I'm not a rocket scientist... Launched a lot of stuff, but no orbits yet. A whole lot of building, piloting and crashing by the seat of my pants.

Amazing how tough these guys are. I let him EVA out of this rocket, and watched him bounce to the ground. Tis only a scratch!

ksp.jpg

Edited

With all the fun I've been having today with the demo, I went ahead and bought the game. :)

Edited by MGCJerry

Took lots of explosions and fails and experimenting to get that rocket, even if it wobbles a bit... but, it can definitely reach orbit, and leave poor kerbals drifting into distant space. Taking one for the team, I love these guys! Maybe one day I'll try to get them back with a rescue mission but that will have to wait because I still cant get a stable orbit. I'm too much of an idiot... One day, I will get an orbit... then one day I will land on Mun... Then maybe one day, rescue all the poor kerbals that are drifting through space (some are EVA.. :sealed: happens).

Between last night, and a little bit today I managed to get a total of 2 orbits. The first one was terrible, and luckily it was only a probe so no big deal. The 2nd one I Jeb went up, and he has what I would call an good circular orbit around Kerbin (800k). Going to try to launch a few more orbits with kerbals and more probes. Jeb has a 1/16 of liquid fuel left, and a whole solid booster to return to Kerbin, so I should be able to get him back fairly easy (famous last words). Jeb was launched up using the rocket in the screenshot above.

Addiction? I can stop any time I want *twitch* *twitch* :blush:

Welcome new guy let me be the first to say......

YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE MUUUHAHA....HA(cough)

Played this game sense .18 and many sleepless nights building space contraptions.

I'm addicted even after almost a year of hard play..... Wow a year. (Sniff)

Always good to see new faces, it reminds us of how we used to be before the terrible, terrible effects of KSP addiction took hold. The black circles under eyes, the low moaning, the snippets of rocket-ese language creeping into nominal conversion of chemical to kinetic energy.

This game is amazing, well over 400 hours of in game time down and still coming up with things to build, things to try and stuff to do.

You shall not be dissappointed with your purchase, this I guarantee.

If you want to ask anything then everyone round here is real nice and stuff, so ask away, don't be shy.

Don't take us the wrong way and stop playing. It's just... addicting. You will never stop. As I said in another HP: "No one is welcome to the game. The game hates you. You welcome the game taking over your life."

Hello there!