IKLC - International Kerbin Language Comittee - Reviving Kavarican and Krimmiel

kerbalboy2000

Aloh ih Ptnyerenska! - ¡Hallo ie Vailtjeprievska! - Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to IKLC, the International Kerbin Language Comittee, an association (and thread) started by Whptheenah,who became inactive 2012 October last year, and the same thing happened to the thread. Now, we would like to revive it. And "Did you ever wonder what language Kerbals speak? Well it definitely isn't English!"

-***That is why it is our duty to begin a dictionary of the Kerbal's international language. You can post a word from the dictionary here, and come up with a translation into Kerbalian [which is now Kavarican and Krimmiel] as you see fit. Then provide a few sentences in which it is used, for context (this can be done after more words are developed).***-

Rules:

[TABLE=class: outer_border, width: 1000, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Kavarican/Kavarikan/Kavarikan[/TD]

[TD]Krimmiel/Kriemmjel/Krimmyel[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]-NO SWEAR WORDS!

-NO ACCENTS and [']

-Add IPA if you can

-Make sure the word you want to add has not been used yet

-If a letter doesn't exist in the script, it cannot be used

-Don't just use backwards earth languages because that's boring. DON'T!

-Only post verb infinitives

-Don't post phrases. Words only.[/TD]

[TD]-NO SWEAR WORDS!

-Accents allowed, only [ä][ø][ë] and [']

-Add IPA if you can

-Make sure the word you want to add has not been used yet

-If a letter doesn't exist in the script, it cannot be used*

-Don't just use backwards earth languages because that's boring. DON'T!

-Only post verb infinitives

-Don't post phrases. Words only.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Scripts:

Kavarican: ESKREBYA KAVARIKSKA Eskraevjä Kavaarikska

Whptheenah :The most scientific script around. Feel all futuristic with this technological text.

2cie54m.jpg

Kriemmjel: *Not yet done. I will be posting a poll soon.

---

KAVARICAN GRAMMAR - KRAMATIKEN KAVARIKSKEN -Grammatieken Kavaariksken

I - Kahe

You (inf/fl) - Bla

He/She/It - Wero/Wera/Wer

We - Kahen

You (pl) - Blan

They - Weren

You probably saw the pattern, as that pattern is the same Krimmiel.

My/Mine - Elskahe

Your/s - Elsbla

His - Elswero

Her/s - Elswera

Its - Elswer

Our/s - Elsenkahen

Your/s (pl) - Elsenblan

Their/s - Elsenweren

CONJUGATION:

Ker verbs - Ker verben

I=ending becomes Ka

You=ending becomes Ya

He/She/It=ending becomes La

We=ending becomes Kan

You (plural)=ending becomes Ban

They=ending becomes Lan

Ver verbs - Ver verben

I=ending becomes El

You=ending becomes Ol

He/She/It=ending becomes Ul

We=ending becomes Elen

You (plural)=ending becomes Olen

They=ending becomes Ulen

Ler verbs - Ler verben

I=ending becomes A'd

You=ending becomes Wo'd

He/She/It=ending becomes Lu'd

We=ending becomes A'den

You (plural)=ending becomes Wo'den

They=ending becomes Lu'den

GRAMMAR RULES OF KAVARICAN - KRAMATIKREGAULEN TSE KAVARIKSKA - Grammatiekregeelen dje Kavaarikska

-To make something plural, add an N to the end if it ends in a vowel/y, or an EN to the end if it doesn't

-Singular words must never end in N.

-Words cannot always begin with K. (Not like: Khe kuick krown kox... no, just no... lol, KOX! [Chicken])

-Script goes from left to right, just like English

-Verbs must end in 'ker' 'ver' or 'ler'

-You may have double meanings and homonyms (May vary in spelling, but same pronunciation)

-To make something preterite tense (past tense that happened once), put Gud as a prefix to the verb

-To make something imperfect tense (DESCRIPTION, COMME EN FRANÇAIS J'ÉTAIS), put Hayj as a prefix to the verb

-To make something Future Simple (I will study Kavarican.), put Dal as a prefix to the verb

-To make something Future Continuous (I will be studying Kavarican.), put the correctly conjugated form of 'To Be', followed by the infinitive of 'To Go', followed by the infinitive of the manipulated verb (eg: It is going to need help = Wer govudl'ud escritker umpedver merf)

-To make a verb negative (I like/I don't like, I have/I don't have, I am/I am not, etc.) put the word Kemia directly before the pronoun and verb. (Kahe kemia govudl'ud gav homo. = I'm not a human.)

-To make something a question (I need->do I need?) put Owdel at the start of the sentence and end with a question mark IF YOUR QUESTION ANSWERS YES OR NO!

(Do I need one? = Owdel umpedel-kahe gav?)

KRIMMIEL GRAMMAR - GRAMMATIEKEN KRIEMMJELSKEN -KRAMATIKEN KRIMYELSKEN

I - Jak

You (inf/fl) - Thjui/Vlou

He/She/It - Hwiero/Zwaerä/Hweer

We - Gahen

You (pl) - Vloun

They - Hwieren

Almost the same pattern in Kavarican.

My/Mine - Miels

Your/s - Thiels/Vliels

His - Hwiels

Her/s - Zwiels

Its - Hweels

Our/s - Gaheelsen

Your/s (pl) - Vlounelsen

Their/s - Hwierelsen

CONJUGATION:

Ker, Er and Ler verbs - Ker, Er ie Ler verben

I=ending becomes Ka

You=ending becomes Ja

He/She/It=ending becomes La

We=ending becomes Kan

You (plural)=ending becomes Jan

They=ending becomes Lan

Ver verbs - Ver verben

I=ending becomes Ek

You=ending becomes Ooj

He/She/It=ending becomes Oel

We=ending becomes Eken

You (plural)=ending becomes Ojen

They=ending becomes Ulen

GRAMMAR RULES OF KRIMMIEL - GRAMMATIEKREGEELEN DJE KRIEMMJEL - Kramatikregaulen tse Krimmyel.

-To make something plural, add an N to the end of a word if ending with a vowel, especially E(Ee), I(Ie), and ä(Ae). If ending with a the other vowels, add ëN, just to separate the sound, like in the French Noël. If ending in consonants, simply add EN.

-Singular words may end in N. Now to be plural, double the N, and add EN. this also applies to F,G,K,L,M,N,P, and (S).

-Words cannot always begin with K. (Not like: Khe kuick krown kox... no, just no... lol, KOX! [Chicken])

-Script goes from left to right, just like English

-Verb infinitives must end in 'ker' 'ver' 'er' or 'ler'

-You may have double meanings and homonyms (May vary in spelling, but same pronunciation)

-To make something preterite tense (past tense that happened once), put Gjudh as a prefix to the verb

-To make something imperfect tense (DESCRIPTION, COMME EN FRANÇAIS J'ÉTAIS), put Haaj/Haej as a suffix to the verb

-To make something Future Simple (I will study Krimmiel.), put Daal/Dael as a prefix to the verb.

-To make something Future Continuous (I will be studying Krimmiel.), put Daal/Dael, and then conjugate your manipulative verb with the gerund form, replace Ker, Ler, Er or Ver with "Rim" (eg: It is going to need help = Hweer daal umpedrim merflej.)

-To make a verb negative (I like/I don't like, I have/I don't have, I am/I am not, etc.) put the word Geem directly before the pronoun and verb. (Jak geem mej gaav hommo. = I'm not a human.)

-To make something a question (I need->do I need?) put Ou at the start of the sentence and end with a question mark IF YOUR QUESTION ANSWERS YES OR NO!

(Do I need one? = ¿Ou gaav umpedek-jak?)

VOWEL HARMONY - SYSTEMMA DJE AKOVAALHARMONA KRIEMMJELSKA - Systema tse harmona avokal Krimmyelska äø

One thing that is UNIQUE in Krimmiel is the Vowel Harmony, which is the way to "harmonised the sounds" in the language. There are Front or Frø, Neutral or Nuitrael, and Back or Esretro, vowels (and words!) There are also Long and Short vowels, which doesn't affect the Vowel Harmony, but does affect the stress of a word.

sD5WrfC.png

Ok, the basic rule is: FRONT CAN'T GO WITH BACK IN THE SAME WORD. AND VICE VERSA.

BUT FRONT [OR] BACK CAN GO WITH NEUTRAL.

If you speak Finnish, you probably already know how to do this, I will also make a video soon.

Edited by kerbalboy2000
Vowel Harmony

KAVARICAN PRONUNCIATION

Kavarican is the one of the languages of the Kerbals, second being the Krimmiel.

PRONUNCIATION

VOWELS : There is no vowel harmony whatsoever in Kavarican, as well as long or short vowels. (Diphthongs not included.)

A - [a]

E - [É›]

I - [i]

O - [oÌž]

U - [u]

(Y) - [ɨ]

(‘) - [ь] (PALATALISATION)

- can be also used as a glottal stop if between vowels.

CONSONANTS:

M9fNDFVwNz_ci1tF-Wnp9WLTJHfoE90EfimQIIHs02YbYq3jLsxFJaXKpFte4f02bVJ3k93Y9ww3uFBE5feL1Se3nQwdOmPQPqTyRuUvvWVNQbx6F-JF_gTTEg

REMEMBER: The pronunciation is a bit like Spanish, but not Spanish. I can make a pronunciation guide video if you would wish.

Edited by kerbalboy2000

So .. why is this 50% scandinavian/dutch?

Kavarican is "Spanish," while Krimmiel is "French."

Kav is "Arabic," Krim is "Hebrew."

They have the same words, in different spellings. So... they started as dialects of a language spreaded to 2 different places, the Kavaria and Kriemmeja, then just became way too far from the original language because it mixed up with the local languages (Wormanian/Kveriska-->Kavariska and Kzplathidan+Kriemrju-->Kriemmjelska.)

Like how French and Spanish were both from Latin.

I thought that angles and large white dots would be a bit too difficult to write by hand, so here's some acceptable* ways to hand write.

p2SJARL.jpg

Yup, thanks for the handwriting idea! Expect some alphabet reformation thingy!

Interesting, but I don't see a need for W and Y. It's too biased towards some major languages on Earth. C is missing.

And no, they are nto speaking backwards Spanish. The starting stuff might be Spanish, but it's garbled. Reversing it doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited by lajoswinkler

Interesting, but I don't see a need for W and Y. It's too biased towards some major languages on Earth. C is missing.

And no, they are nto speaking backwards Spanish. The starting stuff might be Spanish, but it's garbled. Reversing it doesn't seem to do anything.

There's a big problem with this thread though. Kerbals speak backwards spanish, but they write in English. Look at the separatron, or the rugged rover wheel.

Thank you very mcuh. First:

1) These language are NOT reverse Earth Languages. (This is not what Kerbals speak in the videos, fyi.)

2) Kavarican: W = Krimmiel: (Thank you for that.)

3) I will keep Y for Krimmiel, but do you want to keep Y for Kavarican too? (Say it in the hereand quote this.)

4) These are transliterations.

Er....they speak and write...in English?

Or maybe they have their own secret language.

Read this... http:www.voynich.nu/intro.html

Hate reading?... check out this images:

http://www.voynich.nu/q19/index.html#f102

http://www.voynich.nu/q04/index.html#f25

http://www.voynich.nu/q13/index.html#f79

Y25O1zb.jpg

Edited by Sirine

To Holo: Yup, you can check the grammar page in Kavarican. I'm a bit busy right now in school (a bit...) and I will be really active this Christmas break. Expect me posting everyday. :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/21753-The-IKLC-%28International-Kerbin-Language-Comittee%29?highlight=kavarican

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/23646-IKLC-Dictionary?highlight=kavarican

To Sirine: Heard of that "mysterieux" book many times... and this language is not on the game. This is our made-up language. I can also do some calligraphy... and art. I love calligraphy!

Kavarican: Kahe ratsuga'd guarpeskrebya!

Krimmiel: Jak rakkauska guierpeskraeb..a!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.