My adventures to Eve

espenrik

A while back I sent a research team to Eve.

I designed a pretty nice lander.

It is certified for two crew members and capable to take off from as low as approx 3000m AMSL.

bQMO7wOl.jpg

I picked a landing site on a crater ridge at about 4500m.

Since they were going to stay and research for a while I sent two landers, two rovers and a research station.

KoWdbnNl.jpg

The research station was placed on a peninsula at sea level, a short drive from the landing site.

All was well and the crew began to settle in when disaster struck.

A software update caused the landing legs of all crafts to suddenly retract. The research station was undamaged as it had a flat bottom, but the landers tumbled into rubble...... I was in need of a rescue plan.

This time I decided to go big. The goal was a sea level capable ship with room for 3 crew members.

EF6uCkvl.jpg

I was hoping it could go SSTO from Kerbin, but I had to put on some extra drop tanks.

LTmzkjGl.jpg

"Banana Peel" staging.

f2lIyWQl.jpg

It had to be refuelled in both Kerbin and Eve orbit. Requiring a massive amout of fuel and work. It's so boring I forgot to take pictures. It's OK the pictures would be boring anyway.

From Eve orbit I did F5/F9 based "Simulations". It turned out to not achieve it's goal.

f8SeOOSl.png

Landing was easy, but it required a very flat surface. They are hard to find even at sea level and failing the sea level capability as well made the ship unusable.

I did however find a nice flat surface at about 2500m.

MN307qsl.png

A flag was planted and takeoff was rushed to prevent it from wobbling to pieces.

I4C539yl.png

XsjUph6l.png

5wb5kKkl.png

OirZtSUl.png

rU2EeR5l.png

ad3e3szl.png

HYuz0B2l.png

QOOg6KSl.png

The crew is now in orbit and waiting for a return window.

As a backup I fortunately sent a modified 2 man lander, and it works. Just need to send one more.

Wa6edGzl.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.