[0.23] ANGARA Pack 1.0

MrTheBull

hmm, it seems that the modified block I looks a bit short once it's engines fairings are discarded - unless the Angara block I is supposed to be wider than the Soyuz one :P . also, i never found anything conclusive on the Angara's ascent profile when using multiple URM's (except that the middle one is supposed to be slightly throttled down) - i don't know if the URM are supposed to be kept together until upper stage ignition or not (with the notable exception of the Baikal Booster :P)

Edited by sgt_flyer

Angara isn't using a modified Soyuz upper stage. This one is fine. That it's called "Block I" is because of Russian way of designating stages. Similarly, one of the boosters on Soyuz is called "Block D", and yet has nothing (well, except fuel type, they're both kerolox) in common with what we usually mean by Block D (the Proton 4th/N1 5th stage).

Also, I don't know about uncrewed launches, but Angara 5P launches with the central URM shut down, and activates it at booster separation (or slightly before, for ullage control). That's how I've been launching it.

It seems I'm having quite a lot of trouble launching this in the 4 booster config shown.... Upon liftoff (clamps decouple, engines ignite, or already firing) the boosters just seem to rip themselves, and the rest of the craft apart.... Additionally, with launch clamps to hold the craft steady, the engine bases have a habit of wobbling uncontrollably leading to toppling... Any ideas?

Edit: it seems even the act of igniting the boosters causes the craft to jump... Ripping the attatch nodes apart :-(

Edited by Jaybtlr

It seems I'm having quite a lot of trouble launching this in the 4 booster config shown.... Upon liftoff (clamps decouple, engines ignite, or already firing) the boosters just seem to rip themselves, and the rest of the craft apart.... Additionally, with launch clamps to hold the craft steady, the engine bases have a habit of wobbling uncontrollably leading to toppling... Any ideas?

Edit: it seems even the act of igniting the boosters causes the craft to jump... Ripping the attatch nodes apart :-(

Struts! More struts!

@dragon01 well, the angara block I and future updated soyuz block I's are going to share the same engine :)

RD-0124 already flies on the Soyuz. This doesn't mean the rest of the stage is the same. Angara Block I is completely different from Soyuz one, save fore the main engine.

I have started using a gantry strut support hard connecting my center stage to the upper and lower.

myvYv0U.png

It gives an anchor point away from the central core and spreads the thrust off you big main engines through the whole craft instead of smashing flat your decoupler.

Alacrity

I dont like russian things :(

And why did you have the need to say that here? Oh, and you do realize that the most realiable rocket ever built is russian? And that the Russian Soyuz is the only way there currently is to get humans to the ISS? Actually, I've gotten curious now. Why don't you like russian things?

And why did you have the need to say that here? Oh, and you do realize that the most realiable rocket ever built is russian? And that the Russian Soyuz is the only way there currently is to get humans to the ISS? Actually, I've gotten curious now. Why don't you like russian things?

He must watch the Faux(Fox) News Network... Poor fella....

Had some problems with the life support mod(ECLSS), when at 35-40 kilometers above Kerbin(only tested in Kerbin's atmosphere), the kerbals simply disappear and the flight results(F3) say that they died, and the Astronaut Complex says that they're missing in action(a smoother way of saying they're dead)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.