.23 should update sunken monoliths!

Just like the title says, I think its time the monoliths where moved to the proper height on the surface of planets and bodies and now that .23 is nearing release I think updates on their locations would be a nice cherry on top of the ice cream of awesome stuff.

I'm still kind of annoyed that the sand temple is 60 meter's below the surface (not angry or anything at you devs :rolleyes: you guys are awesome and busy :). and did I mention awesome).

I'm just sayin'

While it would be nice, I am sure there are other things that need more attention before easter eggs are fixed to be honest. One thing I would like to see is the "Kraken" dealt with while time warping, this has done me in many many times.

Though I agree it would be nice I believe this is not a priority because of work that took place to how terrain is generated, and this is what I think caused the issues with easter eggs. If they fix them now there's a good chance that would have to reduplicate that effort again when the do another update pass on terrain. Then they will hopefully put all the eggs back in there baskets after their further along with their final vision for terrain. Just my take on why I think anomalies have been in there present state for so long.

Edited by stringyquark

Wait... it's not there anymore in recent versions??? Then no WONDER why I haven't been able to find it in LOTS and LOTS of time spent looking. Gaaaaah.

I did too!!! lol thats one of the main reasons I made this post :P

Floating objects make the game look sloppy. It wouldn't take that long to fix, so this should indeed be fixed.

Maybe someone could create a mod to check all floating and sunken monoliths and raise them to surface level... or also create a mod to randomize Monolith placement on planets so people actually have to physically search o_O

MURRR I would have combined these 2 posts but no deleting...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Floating objects make the game look sloppy. It wouldn't take that long to fix, so this should indeed be fixed.

The problem is that it ends up having to be fixed multiple times if you try to fix it too early, as each and every time the terrain is reworked the objects aren't in the right place anymore. So I'd rather they wait until they know the terrain is set in stone before they fix it. Otherwise they're just wasting time fixing the problem many times instead of just doing it once.

Surely it's 'just' a matter of running a script to check if the objects altitude less than the terrain altitude and setting the correct height.

Once written, the script could then be run after any terrain adjustments to correct all the objects.

I'm thinking something like (sudo code):

For(each object)

{

if object.height <= terrain.height

{

object.height = terrain.height + 10;

}

}

Due to 0.21, I was dissapointed to find the pyramid no longer beeped creepily. Hope this is is added as it was by far the best Easter egg.

The Hill itself still exists, but they forgot to move the signal along with the hill. The signal's underground still :P

I also hope that they fix the magic boulder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.