SHOWCASE MASTER THREAD - Looking for Ideas? All Showcases in One Place!

inigma

lol. I have to come up with some standard to list Epic Engineers of the likes of Wackjob and Mulbin. If you guys have better ideas, I'm open to it. For now I figured that epic builders are those who have designs posted in the main Spacecraft Exchange forum which garner over 100 responses. Yes someone could pad responses, but it would look really clammy if they did. Most people won't.

At the very least we can list rocket building company catalogs no matter the popularity!

Majorjim, do you want me to list http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81526-Stock-craft-repository-*WIP*-please-check-back-later in the Catalog listing?

Zekes, do you want me to list http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96093-Zokesia-Skunkworks!-STOCK-CRAFT in the Catalog listing?

If the community realy wants Zekes and Majorjim listed as Epic engineers, I'm all for it too. :P I just don't want to see the list turn into a "why did you list him and not me" contest of spite. Would really get nasty. At the very least we all agree that Wackjob and Mulbin are epic engineers, or I would at least hope. Now what standard do you think would be required? I thought 100 posts for a design thread in Spacecraft Exchange would be sufficient, though not perfect (there isn't really a perfect standard), would at least give a baseline to being considered for the Epic Engineer listing. Thoughts?

I'll add you guys in a heartbeat once you guys decide on the best means to approach this. Should I instead accept nominations for Epic engineer instead? I want to keep it simple.

See, the problem is, it's always going to be either subjective, or subject to abuse. Me, I vote subjective, but that's because I'm a very "don't sweat it" kind of guy. If we put some kind of rule, like, say, rep (would seem to make sense), or number of responses to a thread, well, those things can be farmed and/or inaccurate because of reasons. And if you just pick the guys you think are "epic", well, someone will think different. Obviously the thing we can agree upon is that they should have some kind of thread showcasing their builds at least, but other than that... I say go with whatever floats your boat, list whomever you want, and claim the "Kerbal god of Epicness" told you in a dream. And whomever has a problem with that, direct them my way and I'll bore them to death with explanations as to why it makes sense :) Of course, I am also claiming you have every right to remove me at any point if the list gets too crowded. "Epicness" should be a rare quality we all strive for.

But in the end the point of this thread is to be a place people can come to find cool crafts, so as long as it serves that, every thing else is fine by me.

Rune. And if we end up arguing about it in the end... then remove the source of the argument!

No worries guys. I'll keep the standard 100 posts for now but I WILL expand it to include Rocket Builder threads that are dedicated to a single designer. I do want engineers to be rewarded with a listing if and only if they actually have a craft thread in Spacecraft Exchange or Rocket Builder forums garnering a large number of responses (meaning people think it worthwhile enough to comment on the craft or crafts). The qualifying thread listing craft or crafts must be unique to the engineer, and not companies since it wouldn't really be a measure of an individual's design talent to include others in the mix (we have spacecraft catalog list for those kinds of thread already).

Rune was included only because his rocket company is dedicated to his designs alone, which has 202 posts.

I thank you guys for your support! This thread is all about helping other people find some really cool crafts. No matter where you are in the listing, you or your company will get listed. Guaranteed. :) I'll add Majorjim's company thread to the list for now. Zeke's already listed. If they or any other engineer can get a Spacecraft Exchange or Rocket builder thread that is exclusive to their craft or crafts, and it hit 100 posts - notify me here and I'll look it over for Epic promotion. ;)

I'll update the OP.

Edited by inigma

Also bear in mind I created Epic Engineers so that those engineers who make awesome craft but are NOT in a Rocket Builder company, can still get listed. I really only meant it as an exception for the third party rule of the Showcase index. It's not meant to be an index of every single engineer who posts to Spacecraft Exchange (it'd be too daunting to manage if so), hence the posting requirement. I hope that helps clarify. :) Obviously if you have a rocket builder company, you can immediately qualify to get your company showcase listed if you can also garner a third party contribution to your thread. Pretty easy actually. Heck someone could start a Showcase of Kerbal Diving Platforms and you'd get that showcase listed in the index if someone else manage to post a contribution to it besides your own.

Obviously I'm just trying to keep this simple, fair, and easy to manage. It's not going to be perfect, but I will try to make sure everyone gets listed appropriately as the community would expect.

Edited by inigma

Zekes, do you want me to list http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96093-Zokesia-Skunkworks!-STOCK-CRAFT in the Catalog listing?

If the community realy wants Zekes and Majorjim listed as Epic engineers, I'm all for it too. :P I just don't want to see the list turn into a "why did you list him and not me" contest of spite.

yeah that link is good.

Im not sure what everyone is mad about, but if I may make my case I've been building craft for 2+ years, have founded and run the largest Rocket Builder company ever, and have had some craft reach over 1000 downloads. I think I might be qualified as an epic engineer.

im not quite sure if I have 100 posts on a specific craft, but if you add up my personal threads, they exceed 100 easily.

Edited by zekes

• 1 month later...

Zekes, your shuttle thread withing striking distance of 100 posts, plus all your other designs that have garnered hundreds of collective responses, plus the fact that multiple people have nominated you, plus your tenacity, creativity, and so on and on... wow man, there is no one else I know of who deserves inclusion in the list of Epic Engineers more than you at this time. Congratulations. You deserve it. OP updated.

Upvote this thread! If you downvote it, post here why. I'll fix it!

Added Satellites showcase, and Eve spacecraft showcase threads.

If you see a showcase thread on the forum not mentioned here, let me know and I'll update the OP if it meets the qualifications mentioned in the OP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if my recently opened thread is worth to mention. It supouse to be craft, showcase and partly design and flight tutorial.

All craft meant to be used with FAR, but I think that some tips will be usefull for upcoming v.10 stock aero that will be much closer to FAR.

Planed to add more craft in that thread as soon as my free time for KSP allows it.

Rocket builder threads are not listed since there is a separate forum for them (and i dont feel like duplicating already excellent work). If you have a main spacecraft exhange forum catalog though, that's different. Do you have one?

Could I get a nomination for Epic Engineer? I worked hard to get this thread and craft to qualify:

STS Space Shuttle

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108219-STS-4-Space-Shuttle-%28Stock-NASA-Replica%29-NEW-VIDEO-NEW-STS-Elevator-Updated-Subs!-2-27-15

Normally one only need ask in this thread for a qualification review, but since I manage this OP, I figured I'd require someone else to nominate me to join the ranks of Rune, Mulbin, and Majorjim. Do you think I qualify?

could i get a nomination for epic engineer? I worked hard to get this thread and craft to qualify:

Sts space shuttle

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108219-sts-4-space-shuttle-%28stock-nasa-replica%29-new-video-new-sts-elevator-updated-subs!-2-27-15

normally one only need ask in this thread for a qualification review, but since i manage this op, i figured i'd require someone else to nominate me to join the ranks of rune, mulbin, and majorjim. Do you think i qualify?

yes!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.