SHOWCASE MASTER THREAD - Looking for Ideas? All Showcases in One Place!

inigma

It has no schedule. Simply update as you can. I suggest setting a subscription so you can get notified of submissions, and then process them within a day or two.  Are you up for taking it over Lego8_bit? I see you're only at 198 posts. I'm not sure how committed you would be to the forums and specifically this post. I'm kinda looking for someone who has about 500+ posts. But if you can commit, it's yours.

Was I removed from the epic engineers list?  I was nominated and I can provide a screenshot of the old AMRSD with 100 responses.

On 6/26/2015, 6:19:07, Zucal said:

I nominate Mad Rocket Scientist for Epic Engineer, with his Rocket Builder thread at over 100 responses. He's earned it.

Well, I guess my thread is a part of this thread...

I've built quite a few interesting WWII craft, whether you've heard of them or not.

Here's the link

I will continue to upload WWII crafts that are in my opinion interesting, and I also will attempt to recreate any requests...

If you have'm of course.

Formal note: I've abandoned this thread. Unless someone steps in to maintain it, the moderators are free to unsticky it.  My time is focused on other areas (see links in my sig) at the moment and for the forseable future. It's been a great run!

Oh as my last act as Showcase Master Thread president, I hearby install Mad Rocket Scientist as an Epic Engineer, who has been recognized by his peers for his amazing craft engineering.

Cheers mate! ;)

Edited by inigma

• 2 weeks later...

Reposted from the AirPark thread. 

I made my Eve base.  The balloon fits in a 3.75m fairing.  The science lab has a porch for observations.  The rocket below is boosted to around 7500 m/s by the balloon and then released.  The rocket then boosts the two kerbals to a 110 km orbit.  I deem it a successful mission, all thanks to AirPark!

Spoiler

ZCxt5Oe.png

ef4KmkY.png

a8MCbdr.png

87Cdm3a.png

xHLeaeB.png

9TMW813.png

41mTmUN.png

KkgoDk2.png

tn72wJP.png

ajGOt5v.png

FpIx2nL.png

rTTtJJH.png

irQBoKU.png

KmlhjQM.png

xJfcQbl.png

bjy3I5a.png

djYtB96.png

On December 7, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Astrofox said:

Well, I guess my thread is a part of this thread...

I've built quite a few interesting WWII craft, whether you've heard of them or not.

Here's the link

I will continue to upload WWII crafts that are in my opinion interesting, and I also will attempt to recreate any requests...

If you have'm of course.

Have you ever tried a B-25 Mitchell? getting the wings into the correct shape is a nice challenge.

• 3 weeks later...

superheavy lifter feat. monolithic station payload

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="YTQSk"><a href="//imgur.com/YTQSk">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, zekes said:

BTW the Zokesia Skunkworks catalog is gone, use the one in my signature in its place.

Sadly;

On 12/9/2015 at 3:27 PM, inigma said:

Formal note: I've abandoned this thread. Unless someone steps in to maintain it, the moderators are free to unsticky it.  My time is focused on other areas (see links in my sig) at the moment and for the forseable future. It's been a great run!

[...]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2016 at 8:04 PM, max_creative said:

The spacecraft exchange is in desperate need of this. I hope this is permanently pinned.

This needs a willing volunteer to manage. I hope someone can step up! :D I can't manage it. I have too much on my plate at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is FENIX.

Clicking the link should give you where to look at it and where to download it.

https://kerbalx.com/Core/FENIX

In short, it is a craft that would normally be fast, if it were not for the tons of I-beams reinforcing it's structure. It is amusing watching a BD Armory weapon chew it up,and that's because the frame is left behind as the wings are blown away.

EDIT:

It will also sing to the bottom of the ocean, so if you need to make your aviator a part-time aquanaut...

Edited by Core
Forgot something.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.