[WIP] Cacteye Telescope v0.1 (2/1/14) - Modular, EVA-serviceable orbital telescope

Rubber Ducky

I'm having a strange bug. The telescope starts moving randomly in space and can't be stopped with SAS. I only put parts from your mod, and stock on craft...

If you mean constant drifting at high zoom that's normal.

if you mean heavy vibration, that's a known issue with certain parts combinations, see original post. sometimes it can be fixed by switching to another vessel, then switching back to the telescope.

If you mean constant drifting at high zoom that's normal.

if you mean heavy vibration, that's a known issue with certain parts combinations, see original post. sometimes it can be fixed by switching to another vessel, then switching back to the telescope.

I can't find the info concerning this in OP. Must be vibrations but it makes the ship slowly and smoothly drift in a random direction then another.

(Very nice pics by the way :))

Edit: reloading vessel doesn't help

Edited by Aknar

I can't find the info concerning this in OP. Must be vibrations but it makes the ship slowly and smoothly drift in a random direction then another.

(Very nice pics by the way :))

Edit: reloading vessel doesn't help

Yeah smooth drifting is normal. just the floating point calculation errors in KSP, not much you can do. Putting the game on 5x time warp will stop the drifting, but you won't have any control over the telescope either.

As far as violent shaking, it tends to happen when you use the Cateye SAS at reduced torque modes in combination with high tech processor.

it's neither of the two, it's obvious form 3rd person view but smooth, not shaky. It drifts completely off, changing orientation without any input. And with SAS on, it's shaky at best, you can see the ship try to wiggle free of sas locked point.

it's neither of the two, it's obvious form 3rd person view but smooth, not shaky. It drifts completely off, changing orientation without any input. And with SAS on, it's shaky at best, you can see the ship try to wiggle free of sas locked point.

You also have to remember both you and the target are in orbit, so constantly moving in relation to each other.

You also have to remember both you and the target are in orbit, so constantly moving in relation to each other.

I'm not even talking about looking through the lens... When I'm in the usual 3rd person mode, the ship rotates and moves slowly/gently and and randomly changes direction at any moment. It makes the telescope unusable since it can't stay put for a second. Even SAS can't put a stop to this invisible force playing spin the bottle with my telescope.

Yes I have a joystick and It actually does happen to other ships as well, I don't know how I managed to overlook that. It's only a problem on my side, sorry for all the fuss. what would you recommend so that I can cancel that interference without having to disconnect and go through the calibration all over again each time I try to use it?

It might not be the joystick actually, it moves too randomly and I have recalibrated, disconnected it, it persists. It might be another mod i'm using.

Without seeing it in action, it sounds a lot like the behavior you get if FAR's assistive flight controls are on when you're not in an atmosphere.

With the new HullCameraVDS.V0.3 KSP stuck on loading screeen while loading the processor parts, but with the previous Hullcam version all works as it should.

Incompatibility maybe?

Same Here. Stuck loading processors, even with the ModuleManager fix. Shame, can anyone update the mod, it is so awesome.

Works just fine for me. Make sure you have the latest versions of all the required mods.

Except for HullCams, the current version causes problems so you do not what the latest version of that required mod. At least not yet.

Well, I don't even know what HullCamera is and still the game is freezing on loading tele_processor_high...

Folders from my GameData:

000_Toolbar (I guess it doesn't have to be there anyway)

ActionGroupManager

B9_Aerospace

CactEye

ExsurgentEngineering

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

KAS

Keramzit

KerbalJointReinforcement

Kerbaltek

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

MagicSmokeIndustries

NASAmission

RemoteTech2

ResGen

SCANsat

Squad

ThunderAerospace

and files telescope_KAS.cfg (the fix for KAS that was mentioned on this thread)

toolbar-settings.dat

ModuleManager.2.1.5.dll

Any ideas what's wrong?

EDIT: So... I removed 000_Toolbar and it's dat file and it seems to work fine for now.

EDIT: But wait... It says Toolbar mod is completely necessary for the mod to work... Parts are available in VAB, but I hadn't tried them in action.

Edited by jamqdlaty

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.