[WIP] Cacteye Telescope v0.1 (2/1/14) - Modular, EVA-serviceable orbital telescope

Rubber Ducky

@Javster, do you happen to be using the 64-bit KSP on windows? If you are, that may be whats causing it. I updated my Mono on mine and it caused it to crash.

I have a 64-bit windows but not a 64-bit KSP. I will try narrowing down which mod causes the problem. Hopefully it's not essential.

New install!! Will add this mod and others one by one. I'll eliminate mods which I had installed before too to save on CPU

EDIT: This new install has fewer mods, so I'll give this mod a go.

EDIT-2-to-avoid-spamming-the-thread: It freezes on one of the files during load.

EDIT 3: I give up. It freezes at every file, even after removing the one it freezes on. I think I'll delete this mod and won't redownload it until it becomes more stable so i don't spend 3 days trying to get it to work. I've never had problems with other mods...

Edited by Javster

I'm also facing an issue where the loading screen "half freezes" on Cacteye, with the spalsh texts still playing (for a while, after which the screen goes mostly black) and I am still able to close it out or use other system functions. Perhaps there is a bug/instability in Cacteye with the current build of KSP?

Freezing is almost always due to not having a required mod installed resulting in a dependency failure. No problems between this and current build of KSP, but current version of HullCam is another story. Using the prior version of that has resulted in no problems.

Freezing is almost always due to not having a required mod installed resulting in a dependency failure. No problems between this and current build of KSP, but current version of HullCam is another story. Using the prior version of that has resulted in no problems.

Well I don't know what happened then, because simply revalidating one file (Steam Version) and then uninstalling+reinstalling Cacteye allowed me to play. o.0

Try this, it should help.

So I recompiled CatEyeTelescope.dll with the newest version of Hullcam VDS.

Here's a link: http://www./download/iuiq2cwx0sh3124/CactEyeTelescope.dll

Don't have time to test it, only saw that the game could go all the way to the VAB.

Please let me know if this fixes the problems.

I'm having the "Incorrectly mounted" problem. I have applied the Module Manager config. It looks correct visually, but the processor is mounted incorrectly, and thus cannot be serviced.

KSP.log:

[LOG 14:08:03.337] [KAS] ContextMenuStore - Add node transform if not exist...
[LOG 14:08:03.337] [KAS] AddTransformToAttachNode - Node : bottom already have a nodeTransform, only update
[LOG 14:08:03.338] [KAS] ContextMenuStore - Move part...
[LOG 14:08:03.338] [KAS] ContextMenuStore - Couple part with bay...
[WRN 14:08:03.339] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

This is the config I added. It changed the visuals for the part, so I know that it has been loaded.

@PART[tele_mount]{
@node_stack_top = 0.0, -0.3, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
}
@PART[tele_processor_*]{
@MODULE[KASModuleGrab]{
@evaPartDir = (0,-1,0)
}
}

N1lvQb3.png

Edited by Wedgenet

I'm having the "Incorrectly mounted" problem. I have applied the Module Manager config. It looks correct visually, but the processor is mounted incorrectly, and thus cannot be serviced.

Did that craft exist before you applied the patch?

Something strange happened when I installed this mod:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

My mods:

6s Service Tubes

Action Group Manager

Active Texture Management

Cacteye Telescope (duh)

Chatterer

Distant Object Enhancement

Firespitter (plugin only)

HullcameraVDS

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Attatchment System

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter and the following came with it:

- Rasterprop Monitor

- Smoke Screen

Launch Countdown

MechJeb 2

Toolbar Plugin

(I'm on linux)

@JVXtreme : I got the exact same issue as you with a fresh install.

I fixed it by applying the dll linked somewhere in the thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60750-WIP-Cacteye-Telescope-v0-1-(2-1-14)-Modular-EVA-serviceable-orbital-telescope/page33?p=1202883#post1202883

Apparently, it's because the current cacteye release is for an older hullcam.

Edited by tal2410
fixed link

The link says:" File not found", is there a other way?

Page 33

Don't have time to test it, only saw that the game could go all the way to the VAB.

This should help to get it work.

@JVXtreme : I got the exact same issue as you with a fresh install.

I fixed it by applying the dll linked somewhere in the thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60750-WIP-Cacteye-Telescope-v0-1-(2-1-14)-Modular-EVA-serviceable-orbital-telescope/page33?p=1202883#post1202883

Apparently, it's because the current cacteye release is for an older hullcam.

Thank you, now I can actually make a proper hubble mission with KSO!

When i installed mod the game pre-loading is stoping on the microprocessor parts ant it won't move. Any ideas?:(

Here, as mentioned a few post above.

Well, I don't even know what HullCamera is and still the game is freezing on loading tele_processor_high...

Folders from my GameData:

000_Toolbar

ActionGroupManager

B9_Aerospace

CactEye

ExsurgentEngineering

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

KAS

Keramzit

KerbalJointReinforcement

Kerbaltek

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

MagicSmokeIndustries

NASAmission

RemoteTech2

ResGen

SCANsat

Squad

ThunderAerospace

and files telescope_KAS.cfg (the fix for KAS that was mentioned on this thread)

toolbar-settings.dat

ModuleManager.2.1.5.dll

Any ideas what's wrong?

EDIT: So... I removed 000_Toolbar and it's dat file and it seems to work fine for now.

EDIT: But wait... It says Toolbar mod is completely necessary for the mod to work... Parts are available in VAB, but I hadn't tried them in action.

Hi guys. I'm still struggling with this problem - 000_Toolbar is a mod and I think I need to keep it for some of my mods to work, right? :/ I've downloaded current version of Toolbar mod and I've downloaded dll provided few pages earlier for problem with Hull Camera. Still no luck. What should I do?

Hi guys. I'm still struggling with this problem - 000_Toolbar is a mod and I think I need to keep it for some of my mods to work, right? :/ I've downloaded current version of Toolbar mod and I've downloaded dll provided few pages earlier for problem with Hull Camera. Still no luck. What should I do?

jamqdlaty, from your previous post I can't see HullCamVDS listed. But, I understand you actually had read that was a required mod for CactEye to work (same as Toolbar and KAS, both listed).

Can you confirm you also have HullCam installed and working?

If you have it but still have problems, can you confirm you are still having a freeze while loading KSP? A freeze is most probably due to an incompatibility among .dlls

The CactEye version 0.1 actually worked with HullCam version 0.2.9.5 (and before); the new CactEyeTelescope.dll that AlbertVDS provided is needed to make it work with the newer HullCam version 0.3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.