The Grand KerbalKon discussion thread

SQUAD

I hope that is not the only change. I thought science was grindy as it was, that would make it even worse.

Luckily for you, they're making these changes to make science LESS grindy. What I'm hoping is that because the goo container is still open, it's still worth science when you get it home.

That way, I can go to Mun, take a reading, transmit it for 40% science, and then come home and (if I make it) get the other 60%.

64 bit builds are still unstable, most likely due to Unity bugs. Unless the cause of those crashes is found and fixed 64 bit builds are not viable. There is one for Linux though, which seems to be more stable than the Windows / OSX builds. There is a massive performance upgrade implemented in 0.23 :)

64 bit builds are still unstable, most likely due to Unity bugs. Unless the cause of those crashes is found and fixed 64 bit builds are not viable. There is one for Linux though, which seems to be more stable than the Windows / OSX builds. There is a massive performance upgrade implemented in 0.23 :)

Cool... What's that performance about? Hopefully will get rid of that mean lag, or at least for most of it.

There's always a "massive performance upgrade" being implemented. I'm surprised the game can't run on a TI calculator yet.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Performance has increased over time, my rockets are now much bigger and more complicated with less lag on the same hardware.

I know it' slightly off-topic but I'm just asking a simple question and I think that the said question don't deserve a new thread: how often do we have live stream on KSPTV(apart from the kerbalkon streams)?

How can I know when there is a live stream?

The Kerbalkon streams showed me that the live streams are dfunmier than I though!

Thank you for reading, and sorry if it's more off-topic than I though!

Would it be worth it to run ksp with linux while using windows with for example something like virtualbox?

I have forgot what it is called to run a 2nd os next to another OS.

I know it' slightly off-topic but I'm just asking a simple question and I think that the said question don't deserve a new thread: how often do we have live stream on KSPTV(apart from the kerbalkon streams)?

How can I know when there is a live stream?

The Kerbalkon streams showed me that the live streams are dfunmier than I though!

Thank you for reading, and sorry if it's more off-topic than I though!

If you create an account with Twitch you can 'follow' KSP-TV by clicking the small follow button underneath the video. You'll then get an e-mail whenever a show starts. The regular shows have a schedule which you can find here but they sometimes do unannounced shows as well

Would it be worth it to run ksp with linux while using windows with for example something like virtualbox?

No, I doubt that would make it faster. It would certainly make it needlessly complicated.

Something I don't under stand? Is the date set in stone or is rough?

I'm saying this because I don't think it would take squad 5 days after Kerbkon to fix bugs in a 99.5% complete update.

Which makes one wonder.... What would take squad 5 days to implement?

A planet? The magic boulder? Ect

They could do some reworking but again that wouldn't take 5 days.

Just saying

I have Idea!

Could you guys make a playlist on YouTube and put the full recordings there? Some of us (like me) have to go to school for 6 hours a day and have to be in bed by 9:30 and have restricted computer/tablet access (note: It wasn't because I was deliberately searching for vulgar stuff, it just has always been that way since i could use a computer.). Some of us would definitely appreciate it if you did that so that we could watch it at our own leisure.

I have Idea!

Could you guys make a playlist on YouTube and put the full recordings there? Some of us (like me) have to go to school for 6 hours a day and have to be in bed by 9:30 and have restricted computer/tablet access (note: It wasn't because I was deliberately searching for vulgar stuff, it just has always been that way since i could use a computer.). Some of us would definitely appreciate it if you did that so that we could watch it at our own leisure.

You can actually view past broadcasts on twitch, so this should help you out. Just go to the ksp-tv site and click on past broadcasts, et voila!

There's always a "massive performance upgrade" being implemented.

That is simply not true. Until a few versions ago Squad said it was not yet at the right point in development to do much about performance.

The biggest performance improvement was 0.22, and it looks like 0.23 will give it another good boost.

I looked into doing this recently and decided instead to stick with dual-booting between linux and windows. The info I found on the state of virtualized framebuffers didn't impress me.

(Although these days I just tend to stick with linux and haven't used windows games in awhile)

First, I'd say the KerbalKon was AWESOME!!! I didn't see the second day, but what from what I heard about, the only thing I think they neglected on KerbalKon is that there was no some bigger discussion about mods and modding. There was some talk here and there, Mu giving tutorial, but I'd really like to hear a discussion like what made a biggest impression on devs, what they think about some of the mods, what they expect of the mods, what do they see in the future. All we really saw was stock stock stock launches and repeadatly showing what's in 0.23. I mean that's great, I was looking forward to 0.23 info! But for the next one I'd really love to see at least an hour dedicated to mods =)

Just go to the ksp-tv site and click on past broadcasts, et voila!

As far as i can see there is no "past broadcasts" button or link on the ksp-tv page. Where on the page is it supposed to be?

There are some past broadcasts under the "videos" button in the top-right corner of the page, but i see only 2 or 3 kerbalkon broadcasts there.

on edit: i think i found it but there's a few hoops to jump trough:

click on the "videos" button in the top-right corner of the ksp-tv page, then click on "more videos" in the bottom-right corner, which brings you to the ksp-tv profile page which has a couple of tabs below the video-area of the page, one of which is "past broadcasts".

Maybe it's just me but it would be nice if it'd be easier to find.

Edited by rkman

As far as i can see there is no "past broadcasts" button or link on the ksp-tv page. Where on the page is it supposed to be?

There are some past broadcasts under the "videos" button in the top-right corner of the page, but i see only 2 or 3 kerbalkon broadcasts there.

on edit: i think i found it but there's a few hoops to jump trough:

click on the "videos" button in the top-right corner of the ksp-tv page, then click on "more videos" in the bottom-right corner, which brings you to the ksp-tv profile page which has a couple of tabs below the video-area of the page, one of which is "past broadcasts".

Maybe it's just me but it would be nice if it'd be easier to find.

You'll have to talk to twitch staff about twitch UI, not to forum mods and devs.

You can find all broadcast neatly listed by clicking the Kerbalkon logo above, or by clicking this link :)

That is convenient.

On a side note: I hope the Squad media team reviews those videos, because there is quite a bit of opportunity to improve broadcasts particularly wrt to sound.

Room reverberation makes it very hard to understand what people are saying, same for loud engine sound + loud music. Caused me to cut short my viewing of Scott Manley & Abyssal Lurker.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.