Kerbal Nations Revival

The Fleet Master

5MHuYk4.jpg

Kerbal Nations Website

Kerbal Nations is a Real Time Board game based on Kerbin and soon other Celestial bodies. To start off you land a Command Center on an unclaimed hex and you claim that hex for your nation. To Expand you land more command centers in surrounding hexes. All the rules in the forum itself and remember, Everyone is welcome to join.

Perfect for fans of Civ.
Edited by The Fleet Master

• 1 month later...
Guest Brody_Peffley
lol or you can just come and play some KSP tank, naval and space battles as mercs :)

0.23 has provided to much lag for me :P

Depends on the install, of which I have *at least* 5. Sometimes I feel like doing something IRL, so i use Realism Overhaul, or I feel like going into military, so I go on my military save with firespitter, B9, Lazor, RLA, AKST Weapons, GAU19, and a hell of a lot more. Then there is my carreer install, which has even more mods. The closest thing to stock I have right now is my KSP K3 install, which has kethane, VOID, Texture replacer and possibly soon to be RLA. Then I have a duplicate of that install, which I have LLL installed as well, so that I have some pretty awesome and ridiculous designs. Then there is the test Install I have for trying my own modded parts before release, which somehow ended up with Ubio-Zur Welding, American Pack and another which I cant remember. I have a mods folder on my desktop which is several hundred MB, possibly even a couple of GB, and all of the mods are unzipped. So yeah. LOTS.

I was considering using some mods for the game but wanted to keep stock parts because some of the modded parts are rather op but i am open depending on the parts. weapons mods are still out of the question because they take the fun out of the weapon divelopment.

I find that having to develop weapons stock kills the fun for me, because the part count for any decent weapons or decent amount of weaponry becomes unplayable. That is why I like the AKST weaponry. They arent very powerful, especially compared to the GAU19. The smallest one can even have trouble punching through wings, while the heaviest can rip a plane or lightly armoured craft apart, but has a really low ROF, and a metric ****ton of recoil, along with massing a metric tonne. Plus, actually using bullets seems a bit more realistic than just rocket powered railguns and tanks. It also comes with a small unguided missile, which isnt incredibly powerful and only has a 5m blast radius. You still have to manage weapons, and their wieght, but it brings part count down to fun and playable levels, especially considering that you shed not only the parts used to make the weapon, but also the parts used to mount it as well.

Edited by Deathsoul097

depends on the weapon i use missiles that have 8 parts on some of my low part count rovers they are still under 120 parts fully armed. and they are better than most other larger missiles with more parts. not to mention that the missils in the laser mod are auto hit so its very difficult to judge a turn based battle and the RT multi player mods are quite glitchy. the only mod i have considered for weapons is the cannon mod but the shells do very little damage. the other was the gatling cannon but it is way to powerfun and has no ammo limitations.

Yeah. The AKST guy is on about making his weapons using ammo in the future, and the guns are nowhere near as OP as the GAU19. See, even on my installs with texture replacer, 120 parts still gets me into the yellow on the surface of kerbin. I consider it actually harder to use the AKST weapons, as you have much less control over it's missiles and guns than the stock weapons that we make, that have to be manually controlled for a decent chance of hitting anything. I dont think any other mods would be nessecary, certainly not B9, except maybe the tracks and LLL. Thos can make some really nice tanks, that look like actual tanks without being 100+ parts. (Sometimes less than 20 parts for a decent tank using the AKST, LLL and RBI.)

I would be happy to join back even if we just use AKST, my laptop just has problems with high part count.

Edited by Deathsoul097

ill check them out, as well as infernal robotics or whatever its called now. the turrets and robot arms should be stock anyway. Kethain will be used in the game though. I guess ive never had a problem with anything under 500 parts on the surface of kerbin. and as far as guided missiles go i pilot mine manualy and can hit 8 of 10 targets with them but i have a lot of practice. if you want we can scype about it and see what mods would be best suited for our game. we have moved passed the basic play phase and now we should be putting in extra stuff to make it more interesting.

your vary right about the GAU19 lol its a crazy op weapon. ill check out the other weapons that people are putting out as well.