[0.23.x] Coffee Industries Release Thread

CoffeeSE

Thanks! I'm currently rather busy with school, mid-terms and whatnot. C-130 style cargo bays have been considered, but I didn't want it to be too bloated, or to step of B9's toes :P

I'm slowly updating the plane cockpits and interiors right now, maybe I'll make an optional "expansion" pack for the original parts that'll have cargo holds and stuff.

ok :).

I don't think it will step on B9's toes as you say as B9 is a big big set of parts, here it will "just be" cargo bay module (like the one with the door on the bottom without it) + on door on the tail.

Regarding cockpits, passengers components might be the easiest to do (I think of just two lines of seats and windows) for funny IVA, for the "big one", have you considered RasterPropMonitor ? It looks great and full of features.

Work in Progress: Swordfish 2 (from Cowboy Bebop)

This is the modelled object without the textures, as this is the only shot of the Swordfish as a whole.

http://imgur.com/a/FWJFH

This was from back in KSP version 0.19, but stuff happened and I did not finish it.

It was originally designed to be equipped with a decoupler cannon, but I'm not sure if those still work in game anymore. It will have VTOL, folding wings, and fully functional landing gears as it did in the show. You can see the landing gears and the bullet for the decoupler cannon in the screenshot. If I remember correctly, all of the textures and normal maps are already done for this, I just have to find and update them. It may or may not have the ejectable ball cockpit thing like it did in the show, depending on if I'm able to make it work or not.

OMG if this gets working i'll use it as jebs personal jet! wait... make it interstellar compatable and it'll have a hyperdrive!

Seems like this mod is the only one that provides realistically shaped fuselage systems and cockpits. However, the structure of files can date back to 0.18 and older. Since then KSP has been updated, a bunch of new mods have been released, and new tools are available. I think that if someone put a reasonable amount of work into this mod and it will become much more awesome.

- Many of the parts here are simply resized versions of one another. If we make use of the cfg features introduced like a few versions ago the memory usage can be reduced more that half

- FAR support of the wings seems indispensable

- RF support of the fuselage

- Since B9 and RO got popularity people dream about making real-life aircrafts hence the need for 4m and 6m-diameter fuselage systems. Simply do some re-scaling of the original parts and they will sell

- Firespitter plugins allows user to change texture of parts in SPH. Consider having a set of liveries for the fuselage and maybe the vertical tail. This should be reasonably easy because the parts are cylinder-shaped. A major part of the KSP community is all about eye-candiness.

All these work are cfg-related except for the last one. With the author's permission I think I'll start working on that and it will be finished in a few weeks' time. But I also need a texture artist for the last proposal. Is anyone here interested in working on that?

Could you make the tandem cockpit a bit lower-memory? I have over a dozen mods and that one part makes me crash every time.

Damn, it makes your game crash? I'll try to reduce the textures a bit, but it'll be less sharp/more fuzzy.

EDIT: Ok, I managed to reduce the interior texture from ~16MBs to ~4 MBs without any serious loss in sharpness/being fuzzier. Download is up. Also, new chairs!

Seems like this mod is the only one that provides realistically shaped fuselage systems and cockpits. However, the structure of files can date back to 0.18 and older. Since then KSP has been updated, a bunch of new mods have been released, and new tools are available. I think that if someone put a reasonable amount of work into this mod and it will become much more awesome.

- Many of the parts here are simply resized versions of one another. If we make use of the cfg features introduced like a few versions ago the memory usage can be reduced more that half

- Since B9 and RO got popularity people dream about making real-life aircrafts hence the need for 4m and 6m-diameter fuselage systems. Simply do some re-scaling of the original parts and they will sell

- Firespitter plugins allows user to change texture of parts in SPH. Consider having a set of liveries for the fuselage and maybe the vertical tail. This should be reasonably easy because the parts are cylinder-shaped. A major part of the KSP community is all about eye-candiness.

All these work are cfg-related except for the last one. With the author's permission I think I'll start working on that and it will be finished in a few weeks' time. But I also need a texture artist for the last proposal. Is anyone here interested in working on that?

I started work on large parts for the plane mod based on the Airbus A380 and C-130, but those will take a while.

If you want to, you're more than welcome to work on optimizing it and adding RF and FAR support, it'll definitely free up space for me! Welcome to the team! :) When you're done, you're welcome to reupload the entire pack according to the license, or post the fixed .cfg files in the thread and I'll update the post to include your work (with all due credit of course)!

Edited by CoffeeSE

Freakin love this mod !! some of my planes created with these parts:

Btw as earlier someone mentioned some cargo fuselage would be nice with doors at 'back-end'.

Thanks! I am working on cargo fuselages, in 2.5, 3.75 and 5 metre sizes. Here's the album with the semi-finished 2.5 metre cockpit. So many windows (more info in front page post)! :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Coffee, I saw a while ago that you where working on compressing the total file size, any progress on that front yet?

Yes. Not quite compressing file size, but several parts using one set of textures. Right now I have about 8 parts using one texture. so 1/8th the size of what it would have been. I also have some cargo parts, complete with ramps and the like finished, but they're for 2.5m parts and aren't really useful cause they're too small. So I'm currently making some 5 metre parts.

somebody needs to do an RPM for this cockpit. it would be awesome I wish I knew how to do Iva's :P

What's a RPM?

Yes. Not quite compressing file size, but several parts using one set of textures. Right now I have about 8 parts using one texture. so 1/8th the size of what it would have been. I also have some cargo parts, complete with ramps and the like finished, but they're for 2.5m parts and aren't really useful cause they're too small. So I'm currently making some 5 metre parts.

What's a RPM?

Also you can use rescale or rescalefactor in the cfg. That way you can have multiple parts using the same .mu

Also you can use rescale or rescalefactor in the cfg. That way you can have multiple parts using the same .mu

Ya, but the 2.5 metre parts are made to order for how tall the kerbals are lol. So it looks weird if i just scale it up.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-23-RasterPropMonitor-make-your-IVA-a-glass-cockpit-%28v0-14%29-24-Jan

One of the coolest IVA things made. It's getting pretty popular in a lot of mods now, and apperently it is very simple to implement, but, your hand mans IVAs are amazing, also.

Oh that's what it is. yes, i plan on adding those before the final release. i just hope they're easier to implement than the stock props :/

• 4 weeks later...
I tried installing the parts pack again and now KSP crashes during loading. I remove the Coffee Industries folder and it starts just fine. I'll try to track down the offending part in a day or two. I need to sleep now.

yeah im having the same problem in 23.5. is there any fix for this???

ok so i just reinstalled this mod in my build of ksp. in the laoding screen in startup it finishes loading then hangs for 10 secs on the last file its loading (squad/spaces/blah/blah)

then CTDs on me. it works fine after i take this mod out. here is my crash log. i include this because i dont understand whats happening

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/520878/2014-04-19-230032-rar.html

• 1 month later...
will there be parts without the black heat tile texture? Most airliners are all one color with the a few exceptions, and logos

It wouldn't be impossible to pack multiple textures the way some Firespitter parts do, but they'll have to be smaller to prevent memory choking.

I know progress is being done in the Development section, but what with the Spaceport being replaced and this valuable kit still being on Dropbox I felt it was worth a bump.

Edited by ultrasquid

I think that if someone put a reasonable amount of work into this mod and it will become much more awesome.

Well, I solved the first one over in the dev thread. I put forth a wet wings RF config as well in that post but haven't changed it since the RF v6 update - camlost if you have a good volume suggestion for that please do handle this as I don't use RF except when in conjunction with AJE