[1.2?] Alchemy Technologies products... v1.2 beta

kyklop

The tanks do not seem to let me use the bottom attach point, for some it lets me attach at the half way point or not at all. I assume this is is because it is a 0.90 mod? Also does anyone have a fix for it.

• 5 months later...
On 30. 6. 2015, JDCollie said:

I won't be using the whole thing (too many mods) but I'll definitely be cherrypicking some parts (and seeing if I can get them functional in 1.04) :D

It would certainly suit combined scramjet engines and possibly other parts SSTO Alchemyst :)
Author mode stopped playing KSP :(

(google translate, sorry)

On 7/5/2015, 4:22:33, Caithloki said:

The tanks do not seem to let me use the bottom attach point, for some it lets me attach at the half way point or not at all. I assume this is is because it is a 0.90 mod? Also does anyone have a fix for it.

Thats a simple fix to all the node_attach in each parts' .cfg... you have to flip the polarity on two of the 6 node points... I dont remember which for sure, but i think it might be the 3rd & 6th? ... I guess in 1.0, they made KSP enforce proper node orientation...

• 4 months later...

I've loaded this up into v1.1 just to keep the test weights around. Here's some MM config to help get them set up

// Remove decouplers from ballast weights
@PART[Balast*]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleDecouple] {}
}

// Fix model dependencies for 0.25 Squad folder changes
@PART[BalastC0500]
{
  @MODEL
  {
    @model= Squad/Parts/Utility/decouplerStackTR-2V/model
  }
}

// Add a 1.25m 0.1t ballast weight
+PART[BalastC0500]:FINAL
{
  @name = BalastC0100

@MODEL
  {
    @texture = model000, AlchemyTechnologies/Parts/Structural/BalastB/model000A0100
  }

@mass = 0.1
  @title = Test Weight ALW-TW-1250-0100
}

• 2 months later...

So, might there be any interest in this mod, if it were "revived"?

Even though it seems to be open-licensed, I'm considering trying to contact the OP, to ask if they still have plans for this, or if it would be OK to take it over. I might not bother if there is no interest...So I'm looking for input not only if people still have interest in the parts, but also looking for input/opinions/thoughts on how to go about it.

I used to delete almost ALL the stock parts, and use the Structural, Fuel tanks, Seperators/Decouplers, Solar panels, and Adapters from this mod instead... That was also when the "categories" were separated, into packs... Unfotunately, one of the reasons I quit using this mod, was when it all got combined, and parts creep set in... So one thing I would do if I "were" to take this over would be to go back to separate packs probably...

I'd probably do some serious part pruning, as there have since popped up many more mods that have filled niches well (ie nuclear reactors, batteries, service modules, and most of the fuel tanks)...Also, with Tweakscale working rather well, and with InternalFuelSwitch and B9 Part Switch both able to do mesh/texture switching, I think even more parts can be trimmed.

Also, I'm just beginning to learn modeling and texturing, but I'd like to "modernize" the look of the models and textures to be more inline with "modern" KSP (ie version 1.13)... So even if you dont like the "looks" of the parts, give me feedback of the size or "functionality" of parts worth keeping and updating...

So please post what parts you would/would NOT be interested in seeing updated and continued...

Other than that, PLEASE give feedback, and I'll see what can be done as far as "continuing" or "reviving" the mod...

Edited by Stone Blue

@Stone Blue Hiya, always interested in mod rebirths, which i why i dropped in( the activity on a post from 2013 gave it away) . I've done a few over the years but this thing is enormous (and messy) no disrespect intended , just sorting the cfg issues is not going to be a quick job. It seems though that there a lot of my least favorite type of parts those being parts that are simply re-scaled and given a different name, do players really want 8 of the same engine, albeit slightly different in cfg? I dunno i think we've got way beyond that now. 

My two cents worth, which is actually pretty worthless from a customer point of view because I'm only looking at it from your side, is ( if you take a swing at it) cherry pick the best most useful of parts as you did previously, ignore all the dupes and nonsense, put together something that honors the spirit of the mod without drifting into parts malaise, something that YOU would use. The forum seems pretty quiet feedback wise these days. so good luck with getting a reasonable response

Thanx @SpannerMonkey(smce) :)

Yeah, theres still quite a few parts that I think could be useful... namely odd sized, or things with unique functions, or mix of functions...even
I know almost everything can be said to have stock, or even another mod equivalent... Thinga that ARE useful, but have 5 different sizes, can probably be trimmed to just one part... If I can work the textures/models, to maybe better than stock, then make everything Tweakscale supported, THEN you could use just the one part, to make rescaled parts if you need... Hopefully slightly better textures might make them more attractive when TweakScaled to 3 or 4 times larger...??.. Also TS means you dont need a .cfg for each size, which means you're not bloating up the editor, either...

IIRC, the combined mod now has just over 200 parts... I figure I could get that down to easily under half (100), maybe even a third (70?), JUST using TS, IFS, and B9 PS... And thats before even trimming unnecessary parts... And then, splitting them back into "category" packs, would mean maybe ~8 - 12 parts per pack?... Maybe even less if I cut deep and trim "standard" parts that are basically EXACTLY like stock or other mod parts?...

Like I said, I REALLY liked the Structural, Adpaters, and solar panels... Those would probably be the first packs "I" would work on... Some of the larger fuel tanks I would probably keep, just because of the extra length... That way you get ONE part, rather than having to stack 2 or 3 regular length stock tanks to get the same capacity...The Nukes & Service modules I would probably trim all together...

UNLESS I get feedback saying otherwise...lol

And what made me think of taking this over, was the recent request posted for someone to make more 3.75m Adapters...WHICH, this mod already has several of... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

@Stone Blue nothing says you have to do a "all in one release" - could do a "rolling release" of the most anticipated/desired parts first. Probably best to split the pack.

I peeked at this a while back, and iirc, it's a massive parts pack. But yeah, you could probably trim a lot of it.

But...I seem to remember someone saying they had a full calendar....:D

hi
I'm still not dead, yet. Although the heart attack was successful, Relatively ...
(Google translator)
If you are interested, a large proportion of parts is gradually repaired to meet the amended arrangement.

So I can give you the current status of the plug-in which is already greater part of parts repaired. Some parts are still not working, or not working as intended.

Hi
This is the current state of the plugin.
It is what it is. Please note that the plugin is now continually modified and repaired.

Nuclear reactor not works.

[MOD - Download Link removed due to unauthorized redistribution of SQUAD assets - sumghai]

Edited by sumghai
Download Link removed due to unauthorized redistribution of SQUAD assets

• 2 months later...

Another version

Something has been added, something has been taken away, something has been changed...

The reactors still refuse to work, as I require

[MOD - Download Link removed due to unauthorized redistribution of SQUAD assets - sumghai]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"last" version - v1.2 compatible (i hope)

It was decommissioned larger number of elements, such as duplicate with other plugins. Configuration files for the "missing" elements are still present, with the extension "old".

Nuclear reactor works, but need "many" coolers 

Edited by sumghai
Download Link removed due to unauthorized redistribution of SQUAD assets

• 2 weeks later...
On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۹ ه‍.ش. at 10:49 PM, kyklop said:

"last" version - v1.2 compatible (i hope)

It was decommissioned larger number of elements, such as duplicate with other plugins. Configuration files for the "missing" elements are still present, with the extension "old".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/565gxy9i90vr180/AlchemyTechnologies20161030.7z?dl=0

Nuclear reactor works, but need "many" coolers 

ok, is it intentional or is there any MM patch that we can use to reduce the amount of coolers we need?

Also, if i was the original developer of this mod, instead of having tons of tanks for different sizes and resources, i would simply add tweak scale and interstellar fuel switch patches and get done with many many tanks :/

Edited by Jiraiyah

(Translator)
The problem is - how to adjust the heat source (reactor, ModuleCoreHeat), which will be with a "reasonable" number of coolers (from vanila game) operate without overheating.
Model the propagation of heat in the game does not allow "forced cooling" for the reactor, so "steady state" can be achieved, but it takes a very long time. Transition state is unstable and reacts to speed up the time in an unpredictable manner.

About tanks - no idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.