[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

I don't think it is a problem with your mod, here is the part from the output:

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Game State Created.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

FF: EventObserver:: OnGameStateCreated 0, game status: ONGOING, scene MAINMENU

FF: registering activity X+: Custom Ribbon

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Clear () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.CreateFromLogbook (.Game game, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 book) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.Persistence.Load (.Game game, Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame hallOfFame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.OnGameStateCreated (.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Game].Fire (.Game data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MainMenu.ConfirmNewGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MainMenu.DrawNewGame (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

[Kethane] Saving settings

FF: destroying Final Frontier

FF: log level is INFO

FF: storing configuration in #####

FF: storing window positions

FF: writing 4 window positions

[ModStatistics] Saving report

Destructor called

I am also having this problem with the new Toolbar version, the only mod I have installed so far that uses Toolbar is CrewManifest

I wish I'd seen these reports last night when I was at my dev computer, but I had no problems with toolbar at all when I was testing my mods for 0.24 compatibility.

Testing on KSP 0.24 64 bit, toolbar 1.7.4 worked for Action Group Manager, Vertical Velocity, and RCS Land Aid (which uses the Toolbar Drawable feature).

I'll try and do a quick compare of the source code (work is dead Friday mornings) to see if I can spot the differences.

On the subject of the new built-in toolbar, that's going to come down to what features are offered. I currently intend to continue supporting blizzy's toolbar, I have yet to decide if I'm going to add support for the default toolbar in my mods as I have yet to play with it and see what features it offers.

D.

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Clear () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks, now that's an actual helpful bug report right here. Also, it looks like Final Frontier needs to be changed rather than it being a bug in the Toolbar.

I'll just mirror what NathanKell said: It offers a lot more flexibility. When I tested the App Launcher during experimentals, it could not do any of these:

- multiple toolbars

- folders

- resizable toolbar

- positionable toolbar

- show/hide buttons according to user preferences

- auto-hide

Also, it's bigger, which may or may not be a good thing.

When I tested, it could only support displaying a fixed number of buttons at the same time. If you added more, it would begin to scroll by using the mouse wheel.

Edit: Not to mention API documentation. I haven't seen any for the App Launcher so far.

I'll look into it. As always, your output_log.txt would be of tremendous help to see if there are any exceptions.

I think that would completely defeat the purpose of my plugin, which is to offer flexibility to the user.

Rather the other way around, because some of us would like the flexibility to use the AppLauncher if possible rather than further cluttering the screen with TWO separate bars. If you could figure out a way to forward a registered button on over AS AN OPTION for the user, I think that would be great.

The new AppLauncher may not be perfect, and your toolbar may be better overall, but the new on has many things going for it, the biggest of which is its there. It isn't going away and its bad enough finding a spot to put your toolbar, now I have to deal with two of them.

Yep.

I really hope modders will stop using this toolbar and opt for an in-game one.

Nothing worse than a stack of dependencies.

I disagree, I like being able to put it where I want it. That said I wouldn't be opposed to addons doing kind of what they do now and adding a stock toolbar button unless this one is detected and then use this one. But I hope addon developers continue to keep Blizzy's working cause it is way better IMO.

I too am having a hairy problem with this one.

On x32 it seems to work (I haven't loaded my savegame to be sure, but it gets to the main menu)

On x64 it crashes prior to the main menu with a "KSP_x64.exe has stopped working." (no crash folder)

The output_log.txt and KSP.log are here: https://docs.google.com/a/elfindreams.com/folderview?id=0B8a1K8EUgZmVTkRRVTRfYTgyaWc&usp=drivesdk

Nothing jumps out at me. Disabling this mod and everything loads (with the inevitable soft errors for those mods that try to link to the toolbar .dlls). Probably a dependant mod but which one? (I do use a lot of mods ;))

Getting an intermittent crash in toolbar entering the VAB. Seems to be a race condition almost as it's more likely to happen if I'm clicking quickly through things. Seems related to this thread on the unity forums, the tl;dr is:

- OnGUI is called with Event.current = EventType.Layout

Since your showchat variable is false, no GUILayout calls are made and no position and size for any control is cached

- OnGUI is called with Event.current = EventType.KeyDown

Your showchat variable is set to true and GUILayout.Label is called and unity tries to draw the label on the screen. But since it's a GUILayout call, it needs the position and size of the control that should have been calculated in the Layout event, but we didn't make any GUILayout calls in the Layout event and nothing was calculated, so unity throws the error "Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing keydown".

[MechJeb2] Adding button for Delta-V_Stats

[MechJeb2] Adding button for Vessel_Info

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutArea (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginArea (Rect screenRect, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginArea (Rect screenRect, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Toolbar.Toolbar.drawToolbarBorder () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Toolbar.Toolbar.draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Toolbar.ToolbarManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Crash!!!

Same here, except for an exception from the Active Texture Management plugin. But nothing related to the Toolbar Plugin.

Ok, false problem (sort of)... still not sure what caused it but here are the steps I took to diagnose (and ultimately "resolve") the issue in case someone else has the problem:

First I did my normal remove related mods one by one until it works and then add the rest back in.

Conclusion: I couldn't run Mechjeb (latest) with the Toolbar (latest) at the same time, either worked alone but not together.

I then set up a new GameData directory with just SQUAD, NASAmission, Mechjeb and Toolbar

Conclusion: They both worked.

I then added in all the rest of the Mods (except the ones I knew didn't work) to the new GameData

Conclusion: Everything worked.

I then copied over all my config files from the old GameData into the new gamedata (resulting in what /should/ have been an exact copy of the old GameData in a round about way)

Conclusion: Everything worked.

So basically there must have been something borked about my old GameData but gods only knows what.

In the changelog i red that among the recent changes were ways to avoid the toolbar becoming obscured by other things. I think issue really needs a general fix (other than manually editing the configfile, or reinstalling the toolbar).

I had to nuke my toolbars twice by now - in both cases, the offender was remotetech2 in the flight map screen. On the map, i like to have my toolbar near the bottom right corner, but RT2 also wants to put its buttons there, and doesn't allow movement.... and most importantly, it puts itself on top. Now, when i add a new button to my toolbar, it might easily happen that the triangle where one can access the toolbar menu becomes obscured by the RT button, because the whole toolbar moves down a bit, under the RT buttons. As i said, this happened twice over here by now, and while surely some blame is to go to RT2 as well, i'd say the toolbar needs a generic way to reset positions, put itself on top, or whatever - anything to get it into user control again.

Blizzy, now that 1.7.4 is out, if I open a KSP 0.23.5 install with Toolbar 1.7.3 I get the "warning" that a new version is available. Of course 1.7.4 is meant to be installed on 0.24, not on 0.23.5 - and quite probably would even tell to be incompatible because of the version checker if I did so.

So, I guess the correct behaviour would be to filter those "new version warnings" to only those compatible with the KSP.exe running.

(in case anybody wants to know, I keep using 0.23.5 until all the essential mods needed for my career game are proved working with 0.24. And maybe longer).

I too am having a hairy problem with this one.

On x32 it seems to work (I haven't loaded my savegame to be sure, but it gets to the main menu)

On x64 it crashes prior to the main menu with a "KSP_x64.exe has stopped working." (no crash folder)

The output_log.txt and KSP.log are here: https://docs.google.com/a/elfindreams.com/folderview?id=0B8a1K8EUgZmVTkRRVTRfYTgyaWc&usp=drivesdk

Nothing jumps out at me. Disabling this mod and everything loads (with the inevitable soft errors for those mods that try to link to the toolbar .dlls). Probably a dependant mod but which one? (I do use a lot of mods ;))

Just a thought but do you have Kerbal Alarm Clock? Even the new v2.7.7.0 seems to cause my game to crash while toolbar seems to work fine with other toolbar mods. Not totally sure yet as I am double checking everything but it's worth a try.

Edit: Scratch that seems to be x64 only error that occurs repeatedly even once all mods removed :-/

Edited by redteddy23

I am having an issue as well. When I have the newest Toolbar installed, nothing happens when I click "Resume Saved", no dialog, nothing. If I click "Start New" then the new game dialog shows, but clicking start game does nothing. The save folder is created, but it never does anything beyond that. If I remove the toolbar folder from gamedata then everything works except for things depending on the toolbar of course. Nothing really jumped out at me from the debug log and the game never actually crashed so there is no crash log.

0.24 Win 64. Was using previous toolbar on the 23.5 64 bit hack as well with no issues.

Edited by iueras

I am having an issue as well. When I have the newest Toolbar installed, nothing happens when I click "Resume Saved", no dialog, nothing. If I click "Start New" then the new game dialog shows, but clicking start game does nothing. The save folder is created, but it never does anything beyond that. If I remove the toolbar folder from gamedata then everything works except for things depending on the toolbar of course. Nothing really jumped out at me from the debug log and the game never actually crashed so there is no crash log.

Me too - OSX 10.9.4, KSP .24, Steam

Not sure where to point the finger as so many mods are in flux atm but (using x64):

Interstellar + toolbar: game crashed on final loading screen - removed IS and toolbar

Kerbal Alarm Clock: Worked for one game start but some time later game crashed entering editor. Next start game crashed on final loading screen - removed KAC and toolbar

SCANSat: game crashed on final loading screen - removed toolbar and game crashed at Resume Game

Removed Kethane, game loaded.

Added toolbar, game crashed at final load screen after Resume Game

Removed toolbar and all looks good again.

Conclusion:

Something, somewhere is not quite right ;)

Not sure where to point the finger as so many mods are in flux atm but (using x64):

Interstellar + toolbar: game crashed on final loading screen - removed IS and toolbar

Kerbal Alarm Clock: Worked for one game start but some time later game crashed entering editor. Next start game crashed on final loading screen - removed KAC and toolbar

SCANSat: game crashed on final loading screen - removed toolbar and game crashed at Resume Game

Conclusion:

Can you give more info. KSP version (32 bit/64 bit) + output log

Alright, in my case it turned out to be an old version of Final Frontier. I had downloaded the new version and thought I installed it but had not. Everything is working great now! :D

Conclusion:

wasn't working at all for me. kept crashing when I loaded a save or tried new. tried above and putting everything in one at a time an starting the game. works now. thanks ecat ;)

Previous version downloads? All I can find is the current version release and previous version source code. I need the 1.7.3 release.

Toolbar 1.7.3 zip.

EDIT:

Copyright © 2013-2014, Maik Schreiber

All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,

are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this

list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,

this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation

and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND

ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED

WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE

DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE

FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL

DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR

SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER

CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,

OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE

OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Can you give more info. KSP version (32 bit/64 bit) + output log

Sure. Windows x64.

Here is the log from my recent attempt to run Infernal Robotics. I resumed saved game and went to the science centre where it crashed. Of note, there was no toolbar icon on the space centre screen or the science centre screen:

http://www.i2net.me.uk/files/Games/KerbalSP/ErrorLogs/IR_output_log.zip

List of GameData folderat the time of the above:

000_Toolbar

Chatterer

DMagic Orbital Science

EditorExtensions

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

ModStatistics

NASAmission

SCANsat

Squad

ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll

toolbar-settings.dat

As this is the n'th problem with toolbar related mods I suspect a conflict somewhere, I'll try some things and post back...