[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

It is in the Toolbar itself, it's at the bottom of the right click menu. Which means it's in-game and breaks the rules :/

Wow, I completely missed that. Yep, you're right. I guess I'm so used to seeing ads all over the place my brain just edits them out :P

Ive been pulling my hair out for several hours now trying to figure out why my game locks up when loading the space center. Nothing works...

AerojetKerbodyne

DRE

FAR

Firespitter

ISPscaler

MechJeb

Modstats

NASA

ProcerduralFairings

SDHI

SmokeScreen

Squad

Module Manager 2.2.0

Are the only mods I can get to work. Then I realized... Toolbar. I had forgotten Toolbar. So I downloaded it, but sadly it just doesn't work. So as of now.. when I add ToolBar to that setup there I cannot load the space center when starting a new game or save. All I get is a black screen with birds chirping

LOG

OUTPUT

I have updated to 0.24.2 (haven't played with 0.24.1). Im am running x64, Steam version, of KSP with the following mods:

-Better Atmospheres and all it's dependencies, except Custom Asteroids and Sunflares

-Alarm Clock

-MechJeb latest update

-Protractor latest update

-Toolbar latest update

-Docking-Port Alignment Indicator

As of version 0.24.2, I can't get to the main menu. It crashes shortly after loading the files. x32 launches just fine, but with an error messages in the main menu, saying that Real Solar System might be broken/disabled.

Here is the crash folder: http://www.4shared.com/get/AD8aU_XXba/2014-07-28_002210.html

It seems that KittopiaTech Ingame terraforming tools and the toolbar-settings.dat file from toolbar is crashing the x64 game. Removing Kittopia did the job the first time. Then I also updated Toolbar and the game crashed again shortly before the main menu. Deleting the toolbar-settings.dat file from toolbar solved the problem. But I would like not to do this every time I start the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Sheppard

̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶3̶2̶-̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶l̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶

herp derp, no toolbar compatable plugins were in gamedata

Edited by betaking

I'm having a similar issue to Sheppard above: Then game locks after loading resources (before main menu appears) in x64 version, the 32-bit version is fine. I had the following mods installed when I installed the toolbar:

EVE with Astronomer's pack

DER

FAR

DMagic's science parameter editor

VOID + ToadicusTools

I added the tool bar, there was a problem. Removed it, runs fine. put it back, problem.

Edited by LethalDose

Blizzy, I'm sure this has been covered, but after reading several pages and not finding anything, I thought I would ask anyway. Please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered. With the new in-game toolbar, how will that affect yours? Will you be releasing a version that incorporates it into the stock toolbar?

With the new in-game toolbar, how will that affect yours? Will you be releasing a version that incorporates it into the stock toolbar?

My current - rather vague - plan is to have it such that the user can decide where to show all the buttons. I've not had the time yet to work on this myself, but sargunster has provided a pull request that implements some of the functionality. I haven't yet looked into what he did.

Hello and sorry if this has already been asked. I read the FAQ as well as several pages back and couldn't find anyone who was having the same problem as I am.

The problem I'm having is that the location of my toolbar keeps getting set to an awkward position. I am trying to set the Spacecenter and Trackstation x-coordinate to somewhere near 1750 but it keeps getting forced to 1872. I have tried moving the toolbar by using the in-game GUI as well as by editing toolbar-settings.dat. Either way the toolbar reverts to 1872 x-coordinate. I am running KSP 0.24.2 x64 with Toolbar 1.7.6. Here is my output_log.txt. Sorry again if this has already been covered.

Thanks for the hard work creating and supporting this addon! :)

Edited by leforian

Another stupid question. Tried to find the answer in this thread but the words I was using to find it were just too generic and ended up finding every other post.

Example:

• I have the latest version (1.7.6) of Toolbar installed in my Gamedata folder.
  • I want to install the latest version of Infernal Robotics (0.18.3)
  • The Infernal Robotics package includes a 000_Toolbar folder that is identical in nearly every way to the one from the 1.7.6 Toolbar install with exception to the toolbar.dll file

Do I overwrite the 1.7.6 toolbar.dll with the one provided by the Infernal Robotics mod or do I ignore the 000_Toolbar folder provided by Infernal robotics?

Do I overwrite the 1.7.6 toolbar.dll with the one provided by the Infernal Robotics mod or do I ignore the 000_Toolbar folder provided by Infernal robotics?

As with any bundled mods, if you're ever in doubt, go to that bundled mods forum thread. In this case, this one (so keep the latest version from this thread). If things don't work, badger the original mod dev to bundle the latest version of mod instead of an outdated one.

TL;DR - if you feel you ever have to ask, ignore the bundled mod and go download it from its thread instead. So yes, ignore IR's Toolbar

slight issue. I'm trying to place the toolbar like so:

zkw6ZGv.jpg

However every time I come back to the VAB I find it here:

WrGS4Px.jpg

Happens in the space center scene as well, when I try to place the toolbar just left of the exit button. It was working in 0.23.5, tho I also had more buttons in it before some things migrated over to the app launcher, so maybe when it was longer that helped keep it in position.

It seems to stay anywhere else I put it

For those having issues getting the toolbar to stay put, I discovered tonight that if I put it where I want it while on the space center screen, it stays in that spot when launching a new craft.

Blizzy, not sure if that helps figure out the problem, but it is certainly a workaround in the mean time. Thanks again for making such a useful toolbar.

Bug Report:

Toolbar 1.7.6

KSP 24.2 64bit D3D

Crash when loading saved game, just as space center tries to load.

No crash running KSP 32 D3D, or KSP 64 OpenGL

Error log linked below:

Edit: It is now working. After adding some buttons to the toolbar in the Space Center screen, while running KSP 64 OpenGL, it no longer crashes in KSP 64 D3D

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/raoq4jst6xqna8n/AABGUrrYDeB7oVnO9OsJ9Y3Pa

Edited by Fiontar

Blizzy, what is sh.mu and sh.png? Looks suspicious. I found it in Toolbar-1.7.6.zip. I don't think it belongs there. Hm ... seems safe to delete. Okay?

They're part of an easter egg put in by blizzy for a new title screen. Can't find the thread at the moment, but yeah.. don't know what would happen if they were deleted, but they're not doing any harm either.

EDIT: Found the thread. Looks like there's more easter eggs to be found in the main menu since then as well.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP