[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

mostlydave,

Thanks for posting the right log. If you look through the stack trace at the end of the log, it says KSP crashed while running part of KSP Achievements. Do you have that mod installed?

If not, please try removing other mods before reporting a crash – you have quite a few installed. If KSP doesn't crash with only Toolbar and a few other mods installed, it's probably not a Toolbar problem. Try to narrow it down to one or two mods that cause the problem.

I'll try that, I don't have ksp achievements as far as I'm aware, I tried playing again for fun, and I was able to get into a save but then crashed when trying to switch to a flight in progress.

You can check out the log at the link above.

never mind, after launching and adding some buttons to the toolbar all is working!

Edited by mostlydave

I have what may be a dumb question: I download 1.7.6 from the link in the original post, and installed. But the Toolbar.dll file, when moused over, says it's file version 1.7.2.0. I redownloaded again to be sure, and it's the same way. Is that as designed?

I ask because I'm trying to isolate the cause of some crashes I'm having in 64-bit at various locales in the Space Center. I can upload one or more output.txt's in due course, but first I'd ask a more basic question: have I downloaded the right version of Toolbar?

Thanks I got it. Actually I'm not seeing any double arrow cursors at all. Instead of that the cursor changed to a black box (which I didn't see since the background was dark), and then I could resize.

Is there a way we could get this updated to function as a drawer in the standard KSP toolbar that was released in 0.24.x (Obviously this could require some work and should probably wait until the next major release, as not to interfere with bug-fixes.)

Is there a way we could get this updated to function as a drawer in the standard KSP toolbar that was released in 0.24.x (Obviously this could require some work and should probably wait until the next major release, as not to interfere with bug-fixes.)

Oh dear Jool no. Or at least make it an option.

I'd far rather have a way to pull stuff off of the stock toolbar an put it here instead. And then hide the icon :D

Thanks I got it. Actually I'm not seeing any double arrow cursors at all. Instead of that the cursor changed to a black box (which I didn't see since the background was dark), and then I could resize.

Are you using Active Texture Management? May that have weirded-out the cursor?

Yep. reporting that its incompatible with 24.2.

Came to post about this. I`m running 1.7.6 and 0.24.2 64 bit.

Mod runs fine but every time I load I get the incompatible mod warning.

Is this a `it will get fixed next version` issue, or have I missed an update?

(sorry if I missed a post about it being fixed)

zgrillo2004's incompatibility warning was fixed by 1.7.6. Delete Toolbar and reinstall – it really sounds like you're using 1.7.5, or some file from 1.7.5 didn't get overwritten.

Just came back to post that the warning message I get is that the mod is incompatible with 0.24.0

It may be my main install and not the toolbar install I need to look at...

Just came back to post that the warning message I get is that the mod is incompatible with 0.24.0

It may be my main install and not the toolbar install I need to look at...

That's because 1.7.6 is designed for use with 0.24.2 - You may indeed need to update your KSP :)

Edit: which of course is exactly what you were trying to say.... I'll shut up now :)

Bug Report:

Toolbar 1.7.6

KSP 24.2 64bit D3D

Crash when loading saved game, just as space center tries to load.

No crash running KSP 32 D3D, or KSP 64 OpenGL

Error log linked below:

Edit: It is now working. After adding some buttons to the toolbar in the Space Center screen, while running KSP 64 OpenGL, it no longer crashes in KSP 64 D3D

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/raoq4jst6xqna8n/AABGUrrYDeB7oVnO9OsJ9Y3Pa

I'm having the exact same problem. I will try your fix.

Edit: Its a bit unclear what you did. Could someone explain?

Edited by LuciferWolfgang

Heeeello !

Where can I download the 1.7.3 version for ksp 23.5 ?

Welcome to the forums!

You can find previous versions of Toolbar on the GitHub Releases page (link in the first post). That's true for many mods. CurseForge and KerbalStuff also commonly host back versions.

Welcome to the forums!

You can find previous versions of Toolbar on the GitHub Releases page (link in the first post). That's true for many mods. CurseForge and KerbalStuff also commonly host back versions.

Those are just the source code, and are not readily usable in the game.

Thanks you Master Tao and Blizzy78 ! So, I can't install it...

So on 0.24.2, updated last night with the launcher's updater, and 1.7.6 Toolbar taken from right here, I get an incompatibility warning.

Yes, it does work once the game starts, tolbars work, but it's just a bit... annoying?

Edit: And now it's working fine as i'm addng mods one by one...

Edited by Mokmo