[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

@blizzy78 the .version file included with the Toolbar is wrong, or at least needs to be updated.  It says the max ksp verison is 1.2.0.0, yet according to CKAN, it should be compatible.  Becuase of this, AVC is giving an annoying, but harmless message

For anybody who wants to get rid of the message (Toolbar is working fine for me on 1.2.1), delete the file:   GameData/000_Toolbar/Toolbar.version 

(in Windows, it will be a VERSION file type)

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@blizzy78 the .version file included with the Toolbar is wrong, or at least needs to be updated.  It says the max ksp verison is 1.2.0.0, yet according to CKAN, it should be compatible.  Becuase of this, AVC is giving an annoying, but harmless message

For anybody who wants to get rid of the message (Toolbar is working fine for me on 1.2.1), delete the file:   GameData/000_Toolbar/Toolbar.version 

(in Windows, it will be a VERSION file type)

That is because the version file uses  KSP_VERSION instead of KSP_VERSION_MIN and KSP_VERSION_MAX. A lot of other mods are also throwing warnings for the same reason.

37 minutes ago, Farix said:

That is because the version file uses  KSP_VERSION instead of KSP_VERSION_MIN and KSP_VERSION_MAX. A lot of other mods are also throwing warnings for the same reason.

Nope, you're wrong.

KSP_VERSION is only used if the other two lines aren't there.  If the MIN and MAX lines are there, they override the KSP_VERSION line.

The problem is that all three sections are set for 1.2.0.0, while CKAN, for some reason, thinks that the toolbar is good up to 1.2.9

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dre4dW0rm said:

Why can't people just switch to the built in toolbar? It seems silly to keep this one up, and an unnecessary work for blizzy to keep it up 2 date.

Can you explain how I can move the stock toolbar to a different location, and how to customize which buttons appear on which particular screens?

Just now, razark said:

Can you explain how I can move the stock toolbar to a different location, and how to customize which buttons appear on which particular screens?

Exactly. Blizzy's toolbar has more features. While they are unnecessary for those who use only one or two mods, people who have more than four or five mods find Blizzy's toolbar to be essential - the stock toolbar just doesn't have the facilities for managing that number of buttons!

3 hours ago, razark said:

Well, I don't know if there is a way to either move or trim buttons on the stock toolbar (that's what Blizzy's is for)

But if you simply wish to hide it and make it appear on mouse over. You could try

Quick Hide

13 hours ago, Dre4dW0rm said:

Why can't people just switch to the built in toolbar?

cause then I can't do this:

oFmFVL8.png

Blizzy's is invaluable if you have a lot of mods. I would hate to have to scroll through the stock bar to find the button I want. That would be annoying as all hell

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

And create folders on toolbars.

yup, haven't quite gotten to that point yet myself tho, haha. Still have room in the UI. You also can't have custom folder icons so it'd be a bit of a pain for me to remember what folder holds what

To be honest, I now despise the Stock toolbar. I was tolerant of it in 1.0.5 and prior when it was a horizontal bar (used with blizzy's), but ever since they made it a vertical bar, I hate it. I tend to keep my mouse cursor to the right and slightly below things I'm interacting with. It causes me all kinds of headaches when I need to deal with the stock bar because I usually roll over other buttons... Really, now that I think about it, the behavior of the stock toolbar also sucks. And with it now taking up a notice section of the screen horizontally, it's also an eyesore, IMHO.

I love blizzy's for the auto-hide, multiple windows, custom ordering/positioning, and smaller buttons. (Plus I kinda like/prefer Unity's default UI graphics over KSP's UI.) It plays very nicely when I'm laying out my screen with KER's HUDs. (I have a feeling the stock bar is gonna ruin that for me. I jumped from 1.0.5 to 1.2.x, ignoring 1.1.x. I kept a lot of HUD readouts on my right side.)

Hmm... At this point, I'd love to see a mod that removes the stock bar and can move all buttons/functions to blizzy's. (Or even just an option to set the stock bar horizontal again.)

Edited by StahnAileron

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

yup, haven't quite gotten to that point yet myself tho, haha. Still have room in the UI. You also can't have custom folder icons so it'd be a bit of a pain for me to remember what folder holds what

True, but you can select an icon from the installed mods, so I group USI and DMagic ScanSat icons into folders and use one of their own icons.  It's not perfect but it works for me.

21 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

cause then I can't do this:

oFmFVL8.png

Blizzy's is invaluable if you have a lot of mods. I would hate to have to scroll through the stock bar to find the button I want. That would be annoying as all hell

I use that space for KER data.

On 11/13/2016 at 11:18 PM, Drew Kerman said:

yea I don't do the HUDs, just windows. Lots of windows....

yea I use several windows, too... I used to line them up vertically right along the right-side screen edge, becuase it was the longest edge with the most space... But now that they changed the stock bar to that edge, I have to line my windows up along the 5 buttons that are in the corner, and now my windows stick further out into "play" area, and I have a large, wide, worthless, annoying portion of window going to waste, from the bottom of the stock bar, up near the top of the screen, down to the bottom corner...

Stock bar sux... yet another example of Squad trying to "copy"/integrate a popular mod into the stock game, and hopelessly screwing it up :P

Edited by Stone Blue

32 minutes ago, crackerbal said:

ok guys maybe i'm completly dump or somethnig but i still dont understand how to put my mod buttons into a toolbar, when i click "configure visible buttons" this only shows me 2 mods there... i have tens

what am i missing ?

nothing there may only be those 2 visible in that particular scene. as you switch from space center, VAB,SPH etc.. it will show more or less and needs to be configured for each. 

9 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

nothing there may only be those 2 visible in that particular scene. as you switch from space center, VAB,SPH etc.. it will show more or less and needs to be configured for each. 

it's not a question of scene, vab, sph, in flight on kerbin, in space, i only have a choice between 2 (always the same) modules, as there should be kac, ker and some other stuff... they are not. but thx anyways @COL.R.Neville

Not working on OS X here.

Edit:

Problem solved. It was installed with CKAN, so the directory and files structure was locked. I changed ownership of all KSP structure to myself and all worked back again.

Edited by Climberfx

• 4 weeks later...