[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Interesting... I started with a fresh 0.23 and installed mods piecemeal, running the game in-between each few mod installations and now have a fully functioning version with the toolbar working correctly.

I guess you can't install everything at once or the toolbar bugs out.

Maybe blizzy will allow such functionality for other mod using toolbar plugin?

The Toolbar Plugin already provides API to third-party plugin authors to mark their buttons as "important." The button then will stay visible as long as it is marked as important, even if the toolbar should auto-hide itself. So this feature can be used for important notifications already. I don't have plans to provide further API for version checking.

I still can't terminate flights, although I've begun to think the latter may be an unrelated issue.

I've seen a completely unrelated thread somewhere where the person was also having problems terminating flights, in an unmodded installation. I don't think it is related to the Toolbar Plugin at all.

I am confused, there are two toolbar plugin threads?

Yes there are. This one is targeted towards players, while the other one is more targeted towards third-party plugin authors wanting to provide toolbar integration.

Anyway:

It looks like the resize/move cursor textures and the triangle menu button texture got corrupted somehow. I've been having problems in the past with the cursor textures myself and couldn't find a way to fix it for everyone.

I guess you can't install everything at once or the toolbar bugs out.

Glad it worked out for you. Normally you can just throw everything in there at once, but bad interactions are always a possibility.

Hmm... I'm having some trouble with this toolbar, great as it may be...

I can't interact with some of the icons. Sometimes it's the Kerbal Alarm icon, other times- the Crew Manifest. Sometimes even the TAC LS one. It's kinda at random with each game-load so I can't really say if it's something that's wrong with the toolbar in general, or with the mods dependant on the toolbar.

I'm running KAC,TACLS, CM, AGM, Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DPAI, lol) and Infernal Robotics on the toolbar.

Also, sometimes when a load a game, the toolbar appears in the centre of the screen and to the left and whenever I try to right-click to select the "move" option, my mouse gets teleported dead centre...

Hmm... I'm having some trouble with this toolbar

First, please check if there is exactly one Toolbar.dll in your whole installation, under the path GameData\000_Toolbar\Toolbar.dll. Delete any other Toolbar.dll you see in any other folder.

Second, please try and download the current Toolbar Plugin release from this thread, and replace your GameData\000_Toolbar\ folder with the one from the download, and see if the problem persists.

my mouse gets teleported dead centre...

This sounds like the space center scene (the one with the buildings.) This scene has problems with GUI windows, and the mouse pointer will always be teleported to the center of the screen. This also happens without mods.

First, please check if there is exactly one Toolbar.dll in your whole installation, under the path GameData\000_Toolbar\Toolbar.dll. Delete any other Toolbar.dll you see in any other folder.

Second, please try and download the current Toolbar Plugin release from this thread, and replace your GameData\000_Toolbar\ folder with the one from the download, and see if the problem persists.

This sounds like the space center scene (the one with the buildings.) This scene has problems with GUI windows, and the mouse pointer will always be teleported to the center of the screen. This also happens without mods.

First- There is only one Toolbar install. I know how to handle my mods.

Which leads to the second part- This mod having an "auto-update checker" and me being OCD as... well... me... Yes, it's up-to-date.

And yes... The weirdness with the mouse is in the space centre scene...

Another thing about that- when in the the VAB/SPH buildings, the toolbar makes no differentiation between right-click and left click, which means I can't get the menu to move it around or hide it (or any of the other options). While in the space centre scene, it completely freaks out- showing border spacing for only one icon but having both the KAC and TACLS icons on display. It doesn't show the Crew Manifest on the space centre scene, nor any of the other additions I use, but I think that's an intended feature...

When in the Tracking Station the toolbar and its' icons flicker in and out.

First- There is only one Toolbar install. I know how to handle my mods.

I wasn't talking about mod installation, but about a second Toolbar.dll. Please do me the favor and check if GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\Toolbar.dll does in fact not exist. At least that is the only incident about a second Toolbar.dll that I know of.

It doesn't show the Crew Manifest on the space centre scene, nor any of the other additions I use, but I think that's an intended feature...

It is - those plugins decide whether or not their buttons will be displayed in a particular game scene.

I wasn't talking about mod installation, but about a second Toolbar.dll. Please do me the favor and check if GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\Toolbar.dll does in fact not exist. At least that is the only incident about a second Toolbar.dll that I know of.

It is - those plugins decide whether or not their buttons will be displayed in a particular game scene.

Again- No multiple Toolbar.dll files.

All the weirdness with the toolbar in the space centre is now apparently gone... Didn't even have to reload the game... Not even the save-file... No idea what's happening. I'm mildly confused...

The only problem now is that the Action Group icon is not showing... It showed when I loaded a craft, but it's not on the toolbar after I closed it...

Edit: And now it's gone... Reloaded the vessel and there it is! What the hell is going on here?! Have Gremlins invaded my space station? Again...

Edited by BananaDealer

Just thought I share that I added this mod to mission Controller extended. Will be releasing new version of MCE tommorow with the new changes. Thanks a bunch this helped out a lot with the new GUI I had in mind.

I'm actually having a problem opening the mod. I've used several compression programs (winrar, 7-zip, linux "unzip"), and they're all saying that the file is not a valid zip. Could the host be mangling the file somehow?

I'm actually having a problem opening the mod. I've used several compression programs (winrar, 7-zip, linux "unzip"), and they're all saying that the file is not a valid zip. Could the host be mangling the file somehow?

Do not right-click on the download link and select "Save file to ...". Just click normally on the download link.

This notifiction about new version feature is very usefull.

I wish other mods used this too.

Maybe blizzy will allow such functionality for other mod using toolbar plugin?

Agreed. I really do like this feature, and wish other authors would use something similar myself. As an MC mod user, I got used to that wonderful feature :D

Edit: And now it's gone... Reloaded the vessel and there it is! What the hell is going on here?! Have Gremlins invaded my space station? Again...

That sounds like a bug with the plugin hiding and showing its button. The Toolbar Plugin just does what it is told to do.

Just thought I share that I added this mod to mission Controller extended. Will be releasing new version of MCE tommorow with the new changes. Thanks a bunch this helped out a lot with the new GUI I had in mind.

Nice. In your code, I noticed you make extensive use of GameScenesVisibility. You should perhaps consider creating a new visibility class that implements IVisibility that might fit your needs better.

Also, I see that you used GameScenes.EDITOR in some parts of your code. In some instances, you seem to already have added GameScenes.SPH where you only had used EDITOR. I thought I'd just bring this up again so that you are aware of the difference.

Do not right-click on the download link and select "Save file to ...". Just click normally on the download link.

Odd thing. There are two threads, and the other one downloads fine. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60066-0-23-0-Toolbar-Plugin-1-3-0-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar

I'll have to try downloading with another computer... this one has everything tied with aget instead of wget, and perhaps the threaded bit is messing up the download.

(Edit: No-go. The link here gets a 30KB file (30,572B). The other link gets a 61KB file (62,177B). Perhaps the linked file is damaged?)

Edited by Sakata

That... is wierd. Somehow, the one in the other thread works perfectly fine, but every time I download via this one (either by right click context menu or just a click), I only get 30K. I know it's a long shot, but perhaps the different post formatting is doing something?

Just checked the links and they're identical -- w t f -- think something is possessed :P

If I copy the link address, and just wget it or post into browser, it works fine.

Edited by Sakata

That sounds like a bug with the plugin hiding and showing its button. The Toolbar Plugin just does what it is told to do.

Nice. In your code, I noticed you make extensive use of GameScenesVisibility. You should perhaps consider creating a new visibility class that implements IVisibility that might fit your needs better.

Also, I see that you used GameScenes.EDITOR in some parts of your code. In some instances, you seem to already have added GameScenes.SPH where you only had used EDITOR. I thought I'd just bring this up again so that you are aware of the difference.

I noticed that Using GameScenes.Editor does not show in SPH so I added SPH. The way the icons are set up is that everyscene is controllable and savable, both with your icons and my icons. I will check out ivisibility, everything seems to work at this point though.

Guess I should of checked the other mods before I did this. But I pretty much implemented this mod as the number one way to navigate through the windows of MCE.. IE call the MCE windows that I made. See most mod authors are using it just to call the main code. But the ToolBar Mod helped with one aspect that annoyed me about MCE. Its footprint on screen, It allowed me to redesign all the windows for MCE smaller, and to use the Icons to call them up. So hopefully its alright that I used it this way.

Edited by malkuth

So hopefully its alright that I used it this way.

Sure, it's up to you how you want to use it :)

Another thing I noticed: Please do not include a toolbar-settings.dat file in your download. If the toolbar can't find a settings file, it auto-positions itself at a (hopefully) sensible position which should be good to start with.

Sure, it's up to you how you want to use it :)

Another thing I noticed: Please do not include a toolbar-settings.dat file in your download. If the toolbar can't find a settings file, it auto-positions itself at a (hopefully) sensible position which should be good to start with.

Ok I was worried about the whole position thing with different screen resolutions.

Started to see some visual issues very recently (since i setup my 0.23 career today). My suspicion is that these issues are 'yours' since its the bar thats behaving oddly, could always be a mod thats using it that has the issue however. Never used your plugin before today, so apologies if this is known/common, skimmed the thread.

Today i put the 0.23 KAC and 0.23 FAR mods into my install. Firstly, I dont see KAC anywhere at all, im used to using this mod pre 0.23, so i know what it normally looks like (looked like in .22). From your OP i assumed the kac alarm clock icon would be one of my toolbar icons, perhaps erroneous assumption? I do get your toolbar with a FAR button embedded in it appearing when I launch the game. (i got your mod packaged with far i think, certainly didnt manualy apply it, it came with something) In space centre view it flickers rapidly in the middle of the screen real-estate and the arrow (drop-down menu) is unresponsive. Once in VAB im abale to interact properly with the toolbar and leash it to a specific area of the screen through the menus. It also ghosts in and out rapidly in tracking centre view. Works correctly once in flight, though i noted that moving from vab to pad with it unlocked for reposition/resize left me unable to relock and therefore access it once i hit launch, had to revert to vab, lock and relaunch.

Going to try removing FAR and the toolbar and see if KAC reappears. Im 99% sure I had the KAC icon correctly displaying using 0.22 release KAC and 0.23 stock KSP.

Ideas?

Brand-new rig for this 0.23 install, never used your mod (or FAR) before. Will try and exhaust driver possiilities tonight and get everything completely updated. modlist in sig

Edited by celem

I'm not sure what's causing the flickering issue. I've now heard about it a few times, but I can't imagine what the issue would be. Perhaps you can take a video grab for me? It would also help to know if there are any errors in your output_log.txt file.

Also, like Shad0wCatcher suggests, try and delete your GameData\000_Toolbar\ folder and replace it with the download from this thread, and see if the problem persists.

Axed the pre-packaged toolbar and lifted the one from this thread. No changes to my issues. Did however notice that whilst the toolbar is flickering, it is infact loaded and the blank first icon corresponds to KAC (if i can click it during a pass where its actually drawn then the KAC window maximises). I'll see about getting you a video cap of this issue.