[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Well, actually it is a high end gaming pc. Other reasons for me thinking it was the toolbar was that it was flashing, crashed repeatedly couldn't fit to the tabs.

My pc should be able to handle 22 mods. Only recently did I add toolbar and before I had up to 40 mods including nova and interstellar.

I will check out the file. See if I can make it public. Not very familiar how to do it because I never use google drive.

You might want to give Dropbox a try.

http://www.dropbox.com

You can synch it nicely to a folder on your computer. Once you set up your free account, just drag it into that folder. It gets automagically uploaded to your Dropbox, then you right click on the file and get the dropbox link which you then paste in here.

That's a big log file, I'm not surprised notepad didn't handle it well. If you just do a quick jump into KSP, get the error and then quit, you'll have a much smaller log file to wade through.

Upon a brief perusal, the first error I see is on loading Kethane in MMI_Kethane.dll. Next I see some Engineer Toolbar errors, which is where Engineer Redux plugs into the toolbar. Then there's a planet factory exception. After that, protractor.

So there's obviously a lot going on that's bad. To really get a handle on it, the best way would be to start from a clean install and add one mod at a time until you start getting errors. Another option would be (if you had this install running before) to remove the last mod or two you installed and see if that fixes it.

BTW, what was the "mission ending bug," if not a crash?

That's a big log file, I'm not surprised notepad didn't handle it well. If you just do a quick jump into KSP, get the error and then quit, you'll have a much smaller log file to wade through.

Upon a brief perusal, the first error I see is on loading Kethane in MMI_Kethane.dll. Next I see some Engineer Toolbar errors, which is where Engineer Redux plugs into the toolbar. Then there's a planet factory exception. After that, protractor.

So there's obviously a lot going on that's bad. To really get a handle on it, the best way would be to start from a clean install and add one mod at a time until you start getting errors. Another option would be (if you had this install running before) to remove the last mod or two you installed and see if that fixes it.

BTW, what was the "mission ending bug," if not a crash?

I don't always edit text files that large.

But when I do, I use Notepad++

vXNmQ82.jpg

Ok, am seeing some Toolbar errors; the sort of error that would probably prevent the Toolbar GUI from working but not seeing anything 'mission-stopping'

A lot of this

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Toolbar.Button.get_Texture () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Toolbar.Log:error(Exception, String, Object[])
Toolbar.Button:get_Texture()
Toolbar.Button:get_Content()
Toolbar.Button:draw(Rect, Boolean)
Toolbar.Toolbar:drawButtons()
Toolbar.Toolbar:draw()
Toolbar.ToolbarManager:OnGUI()

Edited by Starwaster

Hey, thanks for all the help I am getting!

One by one:

The mission ending bug was when I was deploying four Comsats. The deployment of them went fine. It was when I had deployed all of them, I wanted to disconect the capsual and return it on RCS. On this capsual was the one man pod (cant remember its name), 1.25m heatshield, 2x 1.25m decouplers, 1 rcs tank, 4 rcs thrusters and a parachute.

It then started osscilating wildly. I tried to get it under control but it didnt work. The bottom half that should have detached but it didnt. I quickloaded and tried it again, and again it happend. This time I put on the RCS and it was able to stabalize pointing away from Kerbin. Odd thing, I made one orbit and it always pointed away from kerbin (by away I mean up). I was able te deorbit by rcs'ing to the side. with timewarp I lost the bottom half in a major explosion. I only had the capsual, parachute, heat shield and a decoupler left. The decoupler was stuck and wouldnt come off. When I tried to decouple the heat shield it also stuck. I couldnt stage to my parachute so I had to arm it manually. Eventually I splashed down and Jeb survived.

This whole time I was getting about 5 to 10 fps. For comparison, I flew a ship with 550 parts and I still got about 25fps and now I had 4. When I time warped the sound would glitch out and sound like it was exploding.

Looking in my gamedata, I noticed that Engineer wasnt packaged correctly. It isnt in its own folder. Going to try and fix that.

About KAC, it is in there, but when I got a fresh update I forgot to take it out of its containment file. I just fixed it and I am going to clean up some of the messyness in my files. I'll also try out with removing one by one. Hearing what you guys said I will try with Kethane, Toolbar and engineer first.

allrighty then. After that last crash I cant play KSP anymore. It will load the game. But when it goes to the main menu, the screen remains balck with the loading icon in the lower right hand corner and then the game crashes. Guess I cant help anymore. I will put the log files online if you want to read them.

Thanks for all the help anyways.

first crash

crashes after that

Edited by Azivegu

blizzy78, I recently updated Fusebox to use the toolbar. I'm using the icon to indicate battery levels and charge status (blink every 75 frames). It works fine while Fusebox is open on the GUI but is there a way for toolbar to be given something to run while it's minimised? That way people would be able to close the window and still see when the icon goes red that they need to check charge.

It says:

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!

lol, and that when I just got rid of mods. I've since exported my gamedata to a new ksp folder. I also got rid of things like protractor and part organizer. Works fine.

If anything else comes up and I can locate a portian of the problem to toolbar, I will let you know. Wish I knew a bit more, but I am not very good software wise (but I am trying to learn, it is just hard without someone next to me to explain stuff)

I think Ratzap meant while the Fusebox is minimised, not the toolbar itself. Could be totally wrong though...

Nope you were right but I figured out how to get it to work and forgot to come back and post.

So, I finally had to use the folder feature with the toolbar (thanks Trueborn for overpopulating it with all those nice Steamgauges buttons). It was time, you may say!

Problem: the folder icon is nice in itself, though not much representing its contents. And, it is the same icon for any number of folders created.

Would it be possible, if at least one button is moved within a folder, to have the icon of the first button (in the order they are put in the folder) to replace the standard icon for the folder?

Any ideas on when you might get around to implementing multiple toolbars? Don't want to rush you (This is great already) just my bar is starting to get VERY cluttered lol.

Funny, just the other night I had a glitch and had 2 tool bars, each with 1/2 of my total icons, perfectly divided, and they both worked! (Fixed on a restart, but it was cool)

Funny, just the other night I had a glitch and had 2 tool bars, each with 1/2 of my total icons, perfectly divided, and they both worked! (Fixed on a restart, but it was cool)

This is caused by a duplicate Toolbar.dll somewhere in your installation. The latest version of the Toolbar Plugin from this thread can show you where it is.

This is caused by a duplicate Toolbar.dll somewhere in your installation. The latest version of the Toolbar Plugin from this thread can show you where it is.

It's also caused by reloading the database from the debugging menu. I experience it frequently lately because I'm developing some parts and doing some other modding. Every time the reload button is clicked, a duplicate toolbar is spawned. I've hesitated about submitting any bug report about it because it's not something that arises (or should arise) from normal gameplay. But... it would be nice to be able to have a hard testing session where I don't have to deal with hordes of toolbars when I want to test part changes or modeling/texturing changes.