[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

i found myself in a serious situation, the Tracking Station is not loading, the game stucks in the black loading screen (once I wait a lot, took a shower, ate and it was stuck yet), the only way to work around this crash is ctrl-alt-del and delete task.

I found this since last upload, so I removed the mod and the tracking station loaded, BUT some crafts didn't (ones with infernal robotics, i think).

so, I went back to my plugin's zip folder and installed the previous version and.... the problem again! TS stucked on loading scene.

what should I do, please!

Bugreport: after installing 1.6.0 game start to freeze every ~1.5sec for about half of a second (in any scene). Downgrading to 1.5.3 solved the problem...

The same problem to me. Can anyone give the 1.5.3 version of this plugin, please.

Bugreport: after installing 1.6.0 game start to freeze every ~1.5sec for about half of a second (in any scene). Downgrading to 1.5.3 solved the problem...

I have made a change that I think may improve this. Please test: Toolbar.dll

Please note that I don't experience any noticeable lag or freeze here on my system, and I'm playing with a whole lot of plugins. If the above change does not fix it, I'm not sure where to look at next, because the Toolbar Plugin doesn't really do any serious calculations per frame.

In case that DLL does not change things for you, please try the following:

1. Try without any other plugins, only with the Toolbar Plugin 1.6.0. Is there still any lag/freeze?

2. If not, add your regular plugins one by one, until the issue comes up again. That last plugin added is a candidate.

3. Again try only with the candiate plugin and the Toolbar Plugin. Is the issue still there? If yes, that's a combination worth checking out.

hey guys, I found the bad mod, It is Infernal Robotics, but the thing is: removing only .dll file is enough to make all ships with robotics parts not load.

I wonder if is there a way to not load the toolbar at the tracking station to work around this problem until we find a solution

hey guys, I found the bad mod, It is Infernal Robotics, but the thing is: removing only .dll file is enough to make all ships with robotics parts not load.

I wonder if is there a way to not load the toolbar at the tracking station to work around this problem until we find a solution

I removed Infernal Robotics but the low fps remain. Maybe it's more than one.

I will try to find the other but my game data folder has 55 elements and I dont have much free time.

I removed Infernal Robotics but the low fps remain. Maybe it's more than one.

I will try to find the other but my game data folder has 55 elements and I dont have much free time.

Perhaps it's best to use the "divide and conquer" strategy here: Instead of removing plugins one by one to find the offending one, you should remove the complete first half (27 plugins.) If the issue persists, it's likely to find the offending plugin in the remaining half. If instead the issue went away, it's likely to find the offending plugin in the half you removed. Rinse and repeat until you're left with only one plugin.

Oh, and you can remove all parts-only plugins for testing, of course. For example, KW Rocketry or NovaPunch shouldn't pose any problems at all.

Edited by blizzy78

Perhaps it's best to use the "divide and conquer" strategy here: Instead of removing plugins one by one to find the offending one, you should remove the complete first half (27 plugins.) If the issue persists, it's likely to find the offending plugin in the remaining half. If instead the issue went away, it's likely to find the offending plugin in the half you removed. Rinse and repeat until you're left with only one plugin.

Oh, and you can remove all parts-only plugins for testing, of course. For example, KW Rocketry or NovaPunch shouldn't pose any problems at all.

I already thought of that. Powers of 2. I can check 64 mods in 6 iterations. But I ended up with 2 halves (both with low fps).

So I tested groups of 8 and none of the groups caused the problem. Then I try to delete de config of the toolbar and the low fps were gone.

Then I start adding icons to the toolbar and the problem is back.

The problem it's not a particular mod, it's a lot of them, and its related to the amount of icons in the toolbar.

I hope this helps

Meanwhile back to 1.5.3

my quest continues, as my game stops responding, no crash logs has been created. so I took a look at the KSP.log and saw that the last entry was remotetech then I removed its .dll and everything worked with any side effect at all.

I guess the problem is a combination of InfernalRobotics, RemoteTech and Toolbar.

Just reporting for your knowledge. thank you these mods

my quest continues, as my game stops responding, no crash logs has been created. so I took a look at the KSP.log and saw that the last entry was remotetech then I removed its .dll and everything worked with any side effect at all.

I think the error you were talking about is a known bug in RemoteTech, causing ships to duplicate in the same position (leading to explosions), and also causing the KSC scene to just become blue (horizon only.) This has nothing to do with the Toolbar Plugin, nor Infernal Robotics.

blizzy, sorry if this seems lazy, but I can't see to find it anywhere.

If I did this, a button would appear in the toolbar in the editors, correct?

REDACTED.Visibility = new GameScenesVisibility(GameScenes.EDITOR, GameScenes.SPH);

But I want the button to appear only in flight, either in the flight scene or the map scene. Your example code goes:

// button that is only visible in the flight scene
button7 = ToolbarManager.Instance.add("test", "button7");
button7.TexturePath = "000_Toolbar/icon";
button7.ToolTip = "Button Visible Only in Flight Scene";
button7.Visibility = new GameScenesVisibility(GameScenes.FLIGHT);
button7.OnClick += (e) => Debug.Log("button7 clicked");

// button that is only visible in the flight map
button8 = ToolbarManager.Instance.add("test", "button8");
button8.TexturePath = "000_Toolbar/icon";
button8.ToolTip = "Button Visible Only in Flight Map";
button8.Visibility = FlightMapVisibility.Instance;
button8.OnClick += (e) => Debug.Log("button8 clicked");

Those have different methods of setting the visibility?

Is there a way to add just one button, to both?

I'm sorry if this is terribly obvious but my C# is as rusty as those parts over on the Island hangar.

I wonder if this feature is already implemented or i haven't found but i'll tey to explain it the best i can:

I know that there is a feature where as you can save buttons in a folder and they only show when you click on the folder.

Now i'm asking if there is a way to change the button order it will be displayed when activated and also the location like it will be displayed at another location?

Is there a way to add just one button, to both?

Of course, and that's the recommended way to do things if it is actually the "same" button.

In your case, you can simply use "new GameScenesVisibility(GameScenes.FLIGHT)". From the programmer's point of view, there is no difference between the flight scene and the flight map when using GameScenes.FLIGHT.

Edit: I've modified the example code to clarify when the button would be visible when using GameScenes.FLIGHT.

I know that there is a feature where as you can save buttons in a folder and they only show when you click on the folder.

Now i'm asking if there is a way to change the button order it will be displayed when activated and also the location like it will be displayed at another location?

Folder position and order of buttons in the folder are not configurable at this time.

Edited by blizzy78

I followed the intructions to autohide the button, but every time I alt-tab out of the game it ends up back in the upper left hand quadrant of the screen, any help?

The Toolbar Plugin does not react to Alt-Tab in any way. There must be some other reason.

The Toolbar Plugin does not react to Alt-Tab in any way. There must be some other reason.

Alt-Tab is pretty much a no-no because the KSP GUI in general does not like it.

You can usually get away with it but I find relatively often it screws something up.

The full-screen window in the previous post is recommended if your computer can handle it. (Some computers do take a performance hit for enabling it so test it on your own computer.)

D.

Toolbar Plugin 1.6.1 is now available for download, adding the ability to choose different icons for folder buttons.

Same freezes as in 1.6.0... Ñ‚_Ñ‚

Uninstalling RT2 didn't solved the problem. 1.5.3 still works fine.