[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Since last update icons started to arrange in a vertical line themselves (after KSP restart). Kinda boring to change shape of tollbar to line each time. Any ideas on causes&fix?

I've made a bugfix in 1.3.0 (see next post), please try again. Best resize the toolbar again, and it should stay at that size from that point on.

Blizzy, great job on this. I started using the toolbar while adding support to Targetron and plan to continue use it. A couple of suggestions from a developer's point of view:

1. Provide a standard wrapper class for developers. That removes dependency on the Toolbar.dll file in case someone deletes it or replaces it. I used the wrapper Toadicus wrote and it works great.
  2. Add support for multiple size button textures. Current size is 24x24. Maybe 48x48 for larger res screens?
  3. If no Tooltip value is provided, fall back to using the Text property. I noticed VOID plugin, for example, provides only Text.

Keep up the good work!

I'm having a problem where I can't resize or drag it anywhere. I've tried clicking and dragging on every non-button part of the toolbar and nothing happens. The buttons themselves work fine, but I can't move them.

I'm running Toolbar 1.3.0 on a Mac. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Peter

Add support for multiple size button textures. Current size is 24x24. Maybe 48x48 for larger res screens?

It's on my list: https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_toolbar/issues/6

I'm having a problem where I can't resize or drag it anywhere. I've tried clicking and dragging on every non-button part of the toolbar and nothing happens.

Try opening the toolbar-specific drop-down menu by clicking on the triangle button.

Hi! Im new to the toolbar and Ive got the problem mentioned before by someone and Ive got two crew manifest buttons in separate toolbars. My mechjeb button is fine. Ive looked through my mods list and cant find a duplicate .dll of the toolbar but there is a .dat file that says toolbar settings out of the toolbar folder in my gamedata folder, not sure if that has anything to do with it but I have no idea what else would cause it :P Thanks!

Also, anyway we can get chatterer on this bandwagon? Its my only mod that doesnt have this. Ive only got Chatterer, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Crew Manifest and Mechjeb for things that use in-game buttons.

Edited by Rassa Farlander

Hi! Im new to the toolbar and Ive got the problem mentioned before by someone and Ive got two crew manifest buttons in separate toolbars.

This is most definitely caused by multiple toolbar DLL files. The GameData\toolbar-settings.dat file is not causing it. (It is the file where the Toolbar Plugin stores your settings.)

So I was totally convinced that I didnt have a duplicate .dll but I was looking through KW's files to get rid of some stuff and sure enough it the .dll got in there somehow. Must have been when I was copy and pasting :P lol Thanks for the help and quick response, Ive been converted to the likes of the toolbar users :)

Now I just need chatterer to get with this program :D

Thanks again!

This is most definitely caused by multiple toolbar DLL files. The GameData\toolbar-settings.dat file is not causing it. (It is the file where the Toolbar Plugin stores your settings.)

I'm not certain this is true. I also am experiencing the same issue. I was testing crew manifest side by side with ship manifest, and noticed the 2 Crew Manifest buttons. I also noticed that one of the Crew manifest buttons was in a separate toolbar, which would suggest exactly what blizzy78 stated. I at first thought I may have left some residual vestiges of Crew Manifest in my code, and verified that was not the case.

I then checked the Crew Manifest folder and found no additional copies of the toolbar DLL. Additionally, when I installed crew Manifest, I only copied the crew manifest folder, as I had a more recent copy of toolbar installed with Ship Manifest.

So, while it certainly seems that there are 2 instances running, I'm not sure how it would be possible...

Now it MAY be possible that Sarbian "embedded" the toolbar dll into his when compiling, but I think that is unlikely. With Crew manifest removed, I have only 1 bar, and all works as expected.

Hope that helps in some way...

Edited by Papa_Joe

I did find a second copy. NavyFish has it embedded in his folder structure for Docking Port Alignment...

I had installed that a bit earlier for compatibility testing, but interestingly docking port alignment did not exhibit this issue...

Are there any known issues involving the tracking screen not working properly?

Whenever I try to salvage a ship it goes through the motions (and gives me the science) but doesn't actually remove the vessel. Terminating a flight doesn't seem to be an option at all, as the button doesn't become active. My only hint is that the toolbar is visible in the middle of the screen with only the icon for Kerbal Alarm Clock in it. I can use the arrow menu to unlock it, but not actually move it.

Odd issue here. Currently running the newest versions of both Toolbar and Engineer and for some reason the toolbar mod removes the atmospheric data (drag ect) from the engineer7500 in the flight view. I have no idea why its happening, but it comes back as soon as I remove the 000_Toolbar folder

I got a weird issue here, I got one bar with all icons in it, except crew manifest, and I got another bar with only crew manifest in it...

I'd prefer crew manifest to be in the same bar as the rest.

Also a feature suggestion: drop down menus when hovering say MJ to get all the MJ modules in there.

I'm not aware of any issues on my end. I'm using the Toolbar Plugin as well in my regular game, along with a few other mods that have support for it, and the tracking station works normally for me.

Currently running the newest versions of both Toolbar and Engineer and for some reason the toolbar mod removes the atmospheric data (drag ect) from the engineer7500 in the flight view.

The Toolbar Plugin does not tap into third-party plugins' GUI code. Please check with the Engineer authors.

I got one bar with all icons in it, except crew manifest, and I got another bar with only crew manifest in it...

There is a second Toolbar.dll in your installation. To start, check if GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\Toolbar.dll exists, and delete that.

Just by looking at the source of various mods that work well alone but have problems coexisting, it's clear that many problems arise from either a failure to understand the global scope of variables used in individual components or from bugs or gotchas within Unity itself. This is inherent when dealing with a complex system and multiple components of it produced by people working independently. Really, it's pretty amazing how well most of it all works together :)

Hi,

I'm having a problem where the toolbar doesn't work at all. In the main screen, there is only one button on the toolbar but there is no icon on it. The toolbar itself flickering rapidly between visible and invisible. When flying a ship, there are 3 buttons visible, 2 have icons and the last one does not. None of the buttons are clickable though and the toolbar frame seems to flicker between two different height/width dimensions.

I've just upgraded to 0.23 with all my mods so this is the first time I've used the toolbar and earlier, none of the mods I used were hooked into the toolbar.

I realized I should have mentioned which mods I'm using that use the toolbar:

Docking port alignment indicator

FAR

Alarm clock

Crew Manifest

Fuel Balancer

I've checked and there is only 1 toolbar.dll in the whole gamedata folder (in the 000_toolbar folder)

Whenever I try to salvage a ship it goes through the motions (and gives me the science) but doesn't actually remove the vessel. Terminating a flight doesn't seem to be an option at all, as the button doesn't become active. My only hint is that the toolbar is visible in the middle of the screen with only the icon for Kerbal Alarm Clock in it. I can use the arrow menu to unlock it, but not actually move it.

Update from my troubleshooting: I've restored my ability to recover vessels by simply reinstalling toolbar. I suspect that the .dll I was using was an out of date one packaged with the other mods I installed. The unmovable toolbar in the middle of the screen remains and I still can't terminate flights, although I've begun to think the latter may be an unrelated issue.