[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

How do I eliminate TWO menus? I have latest Kerbal Crew Manifest and latest toolbar and yet I have TWO menus. One ONLY has KCM and the other is correct with several items including KCM. SEE UPPER LEFT SIDE

Thanks!

screenshot8.jpg

That did the trick!

One other question, When some other MOD includes the "000_Toolbar" folder, do we overwrite the existing folder with "theirs"? OR do we NOT include the "000_Toolbar" folder that comes with other MOD's?

Thanks!!!

TB

One other question, When some other MOD includes the "000_Toolbar" folder, do we overwrite the existing folder with "theirs"? OR do we NOT include the "000_Toolbar" folder that comes with other MOD's?

It's best to compare the CHANGES.txt file within the 000_Toolbar\ folders, which is the change log of the Toolbar Plugin. There you can see which of the copies is which version, and decide whether you want to overwrite or not.

The alternative is just to skip packaged 000_Toolbar\ folders altogether and always use the latest one from this thread.

Um, did you read the last page? Also, I'm not sure why you feel "obligated" to update. It's not that an additional button forces you to do anything.

The problem, if you dont update and didnt deactivate the update button, an option which you normaly dont know as a normal user, the button appears in every window your in. Mainscreen, loading screen, Spaceport Screen, VAB, tracking station etc etc etc .

The problem, if you dont update and didnt deactivate the update button, an option which you normaly dont know as a normal user, the button appears in every window your in. Mainscreen, loading screen, Spaceport Screen, VAB, tracking station etc etc etc .

The toolbar does no longer appear in the main menu and the loading screens. Try updating.

So in order to not be forced to update, he should update? :D

What else do you want me to say? I'm not going to stop by his house and fix things for him so that the button won't pester him again.

Edit: Sorry for being harsh, but to be really honest, I find the complaining about a button that just sits there a bit ridiculous.

Edit 2: And I'm going to repeat myself here: The update notification button does not force anyone to do anything. It's just a reminder.

Edited by blizzy78

Can't say if this has been mentioned before (a search didn't turn anything up), but I would like to request a couple of small features:

* To be able to hide buttons manually. I know mod owners can set this up so that buttons are hidden in certain scenarios, but I would like to be able to override that and hide it myself. Some mods insists on having buttons when they simply aren't needed 99% of the time and hiding them would clean up the toolbar a lot (folders already help considerably!).

* To be able to have multiple toolbars. Again, folders are useful here, but I still think being able to split up buttons between toolbars would be nice. I could have certain buttons which I use a lot show permanently in one toolbar, while others might be off to the side and hidden at the screen border.

They're just small things. In general, I love this plugin :).

I just added this to my list yesterday: https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_toolbar/issues/8
Well, look at that!
I can't promise this will happen anytime soon. It's certainly more work than the folders, what with the drag and drop of buttons and such.
Fair enough! Then what about just making the folders movable? Drag and drop still has to happen in the "main" toolbar, but folders could potentially be moved around (not necessarily resized or auto-hide, just changing location). I'm just throwing this out there, it's hard for me to tell what would be feasible and what not from the outside ;).

The toolbar does no longer appear in the main menu and the loading screens. Try updating.

i'm always updating, i would be happy, if ALL mods would tell me "hey, new update avaible" :) I just wanted to explain more, why some people could be annoyed by the button. And no, i dont take your (not even) harsh comment personaly. All fine.

i'm always updating, i would be happy, if ALL mods would tell me "hey, new update avaible"

@ blizzy78: I believe here above is a fine way to see this "update facility".

Developing from this highly successful toolbar and its now proven concept as a tool offered to other developers for implementation in their own mods.

What if you would create another tool, its purpose to allow automatic checking and seamless updating for any mods, that other authors may choose or not to use?

Just stopping by to say that I love this plugin. I remember when I was first experimenting with mods, and it didn't take long for me to be somewhat irritated that each mod had its own set of buttons with its own set of rules for UI style and button placement. Thankfully, those days are over because of this.

One Toolbar to rule them all!

@ blizzy78: I believe here above is a fine way to see this "update facility".

Developing from this highly successful toolbar and its now proven concept as a tool offered to other developers for implementation in their own mods.

What if you would create another tool, its purpose to allow automatic checking and seamless updating for any mods, that other authors may choose or not to use?

as you can see, not realy alot use the toolbar. So to get everyone to use a standardised autoupdate function, good luck. Maybe with the mystery spaceport2 that might come we get something like nexus/curse .

And then again , the game is not close to release. I try not to get too used on mods as other games showed most modders get bored quit fast and then a fantastic mod dies.

as you can see, not realy alot use the toolbar. So to get everyone to use a standardised autoupdate function, good luck. Maybe with the mystery spaceport2 that might come we get something like nexus/curse .

And then again , the game is not close to release. I try not to get too used on mods as other games showed most modders get bored quit fast and then a fantastic mod dies.

You must be kidding. Not a lot using the toolbar? Just look at the list of the mods using it with the first post. I keep track of some 70 mods, currently, of those only 3 have buttons and not yet using the toolbar (one abandoned, two because the developer has no time and made no update yet).

And about your rant with the mods lifecycle, how is that tied to this anyway? Apart that many a mod here with KSP have been supported by new developers when the original author had no more time for them, if a mod is abandoned it makes no difference at all if this was using an update tool or not.

Seamless updating is not possible from within KSP, because DLLs are hold on to by the game. They can only be overwritten if KSP is not currently running.

That is absolutely right. Actually I was not thinking to have the update done from within KSP, but did not elaborate on that.

A possibility could be to have an external tool, the user may choose when to run it, or it may be configured to be run before KSP.

Or, only version checking would be automatic, new versions would be flagged for the user, then the user may choose when to download and when to install each newer ones.

go a bit easy there Bartman, if this plugin is causing you issues remove the folder/dll and you will be back where you were. If you do want to use the toolbar and its not working then some details about when it crashes, what triggers it, etc will usually get you a response from someone

Well Now I have your Forum window knocking down my KSP while it's running

If you are talking about the "Toolbar Plugin Update Available" button, that is intended. It just opens a browser window.

and the Asparagus thing isn't working and the whole thing is Freezing KSP for me, Thanks a Lot Pal!!!

I'm not the author of the AutoAsparagus plugin, nor can I comment on its features.