[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Thanks this is very usefull! I have found a problem when I right click on a folder ( main screen where you click on VAB, SPH etc.. ) no settings window appear, the mouse cursor just move itself to the center of screen, while in rocket mode or map mode the feature works as intended

Seamless updating is not possible from within KSP, because DLLs are hold on to by the game. They can only be overwritten if KSP is not currently running.

This fact is what makes testing time consuming.... :)

Edited by Papa_Joe

Getting a 500 error when clicking the Dropbox download link for the latest version.

Anyone have a mirror?

There are several mods on www.kerbalspaceprogram.com that come with toolbar packaged in them. Engineer Redux is one, my own SteamGauges is another. That might help you get the new version if the dropbox download isn't working for you.

While I love the toolbar and what it brings to the table, I do not like that it seems to know that there is an update available to it from within the game. I did not sign up for it to connect somewhere to know this, nor is it listed on the first post that this program uses my connection to know if its out of date or not. That is not behavior I would expect to see from either the mod nor the mod maker. The fact it didn't ask or tell me it was going to track this makes it almost akin to mal-ware in my book.

While I love the toolbar and what it brings to the table, I do not like that it seems to know that there is an update available to it from within the game. I did not sign up for it to connect somewhere to know this, nor is it listed on the first post that this program uses my connection to know if its out of date or not. That is not behavior I would expect to see from either the mod nor the mod maker. The fact it didn't ask or tell me it was going to track this makes it almost akin to mal-ware in my book.

I'm with Quinantine on this one, although it does note it in the change log, I would like the option to turn it off (well should be off by default and I I would have to turn it on if I wanted it.)

I don't know if it is a bug or not, but my KSP crashed when changing from the space center to the main menu... the last item to try to load before crashing was the toolbar... This was with 1.4.2. I have reinstalled 1.4.1 but haven't started the game again since, so can't say if it is still doing it. Mind you it could be the number of mods I'm running... will keep you posted. I did have some game load and in game loading crashes prior to this and removed some recently added mods (which were added at the same time as 1.4.2) but had removed those and it still crashed. Only mod still running that I had installed recently was KSP interstellar...

Some other Mods Running were:

B9

KW

MechJeb

Quantum Struts

Infernal Robotics

Shuttle Engines (Klockheed Martin ones I think)

Docking Port Alignment

Crew Manifest

RCS Aid

FAR

VOID

Toolbar 1.4.1

Mod Manager 1.5.6

(I think that's all of them) It was stable with those.

Last night installed;

KSP Interstellar

Toolbar 1.4.2

Active Texture Reduction

Clouds and City Lights.

So loaded and played fine (did a first Mun Mission in Career). went out of the game, went back in, stalled during load. removed active Textures. loaded fine but Clouds not working right so tweaked graphical settings, crashed during tracking center load.removed clouds and city lights. Game ran fine but when backing out of the game crashed during main menu load as described above.

I'm aware this may be RAM crashes, so will be looking at installing the non-active texture reductions for squad/b9/kw. Considering it was stable before the last lot of Mods, I thought I'd try removing those first, apart from interstellar. Otherwise it will be Mod cull time :( I hate how I can't use more than 4GB of ram... damn you 32bit :P

Edit: Also running Alarm Clock and simple part organiser.

Edited by azza276

...I did have some game load and in game loading crashes prior to this and removed some recently added mods (which were added at the same time as 1.4.2) but had removed those and it still crashed. Only mod still running that I had installed recently was KSP interstellar...

It really does sound like memory. However, what I found on my Windows 7 machine, was that when I ran into this error, if I rebooted, then it would load just fine. I'm thinking that there is a memory leak somewhere and that the system runs out of available ram. It comes and goes, but the reboot seems to always "get me back".

Maybe that might help.

Edited by Papa_Joe

It really does sound like memory. However, what I found on my Windows 7 machine, was that when I ran into this error, if I rebooted, then it would load just fine. I'm thinking that there is a memory leak somewhere and that the system runs out of available ram. It comes and goes, but the reboot seems to always "get me back".

Maybe that might help.

Yeah, maybe... I do have my Win8 machine running all the time (well not always running, but just in sleep when not using) I haven't restarted for quite some time, even still I had been starting, running and closing KSP multiple times with all those mods previously with no OS restarts.

Oh just remembered another Mod I installed and it was precise node... although may get rid of it as I find it a little cumbersome, but did like the way it mapped trajectories.

Anywho, might look at removing interstellar and precise and reinstall 1.4.2 to confirm.

While I love the toolbar and what it brings to the table, I do not like that it seems to know that there is an update available to it from within the game. I did not sign up for it to connect somewhere to know this, nor is it listed on the first post that this program uses my connection to know if its out of date or not. That is not behavior I would expect to see from either the mod nor the mod maker. The fact it didn't ask or tell me it was going to track this makes it almost akin to mal-ware in my book.[/quote

it would be best if it was off by default and could be turned on by those that want the game interrupted with this information.

maybe im a complete moron,

but how does one place the toolbar folders with each other

i know all the toolbar from various mods supposedly go in the GameData\000_Toolbar

but how? i renamed then 001, 002 etc but that doesnt work. they have the same file names so i cant merge the folders.

Help...

please

maybe im a complete moron,

but how does one place the toolbar folders with each other

i know all the toolbar from various mods supposedly go in the GameData\000_Toolbar

but how? i renamed then 001, 002 etc but that doesnt work. they have the same file names so i cant merge the folders.

Help...

please

Why can't you merge the folders? In any case, you don't need to. Once you've installed the 000_Toolbar from this thread, and so long as you keep it up to date, you don't ever have to unzip another mods 000_Toolbar folder. Just ignore them in other mods.

I say, great plugin! Saves space, organizes button and makes the UI that much more beautiful!

I would want it to have and additional feature, though. It would be great if I could choose in which screen I wanted to see it because I really don't need it right after I load the game and haven't even stared up my save and in other places, too.

Nevertheless, bravo for the great work, keep it up!

Can someone tell me exactly how to install this toolbar plugin with other compatible mods, because i have tried it many times, I have even reinstalled game several times and it isn't working (it is not showing in game).

Can someone tell me exactly how to install this toolbar plugin with other compatible mods, because i have tried it many times, I have even reinstalled game several times and it isn't working (it is not showing in game).

Most of the plugins listed in the opening post include already this tollbar plugin, so if you install them (within KSP/gamedata, as every mod should be) you will already find a folder "gamedata/000_Toolbar" has been created. And that's that, you run KSP and it works (unless you have totally different issues). But, plugin versions created time ago may include a toolbar version as it was available at that time. The version with this thread is, however, always the most recent version published of the Toolbar. Therefore, you should download and install this later version so to replace whatever came with another plugin. If installing new plugins in future, you should take care to not overwrite this newer version with what version those plugins include.

With past versions, it was possible that some plugin installed the toolbar plugin in different places, and when KSP was run, the many toolbar_plugins found were run concurrently, creating issues. That issue should now be solved as of toolbar version 1.4.2.

I have done this but it isn not working. I have no such toolbar in game. i have toolbar plugin from this thread and i havent overwrite it by any other plugins. I don't know what's going on.

I have done this but it isn not working. I have no such toolbar in game. i have toolbar plugin from this thread and i havent overwrite it by any other plugins. I don't know what's going on.

Which other mods are you trying to use? A list might help.

Then we probably need to look at your directory structure a little. Start with whatever folder KSP.exe is in. There should be a folder called GameData. Inside that folder, you should have 000_Toolbar, Squad, and any other mod folders and a toolbar-settings.dat file. 000_Toolbar shouldn't be above or below this directory. If that isn't it, look in your KSP_Data folder. There should be a file called output_log.txt Open it up and search for ToolbarManager. If there are any errors right around there it might point you at the problem, or upload it here for one of us to take a look at.

Hey fellow Kerbalnauts!

I seem to be having a problem with this plugin, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Firstly, i must say that this plugin is amazing and really frees up the clutter on my screen, props to the developer. But, the plugin has seemed to develop this rather annoying bug where all the buttons / gui is extremely pixelated!

That is the only problem with the plugin, but it is rather annoying trying to work out which button is which!

Thanks in advance for any help!

You could have a look at your Texture settings in the graphics options, depending on how the icon is provided by the other dev these can pixelate at half/quarter/eight res

If thats not it, maybe a screen shot, and a list of mods could help