[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Hey fellow Kerbalnauts!

I seem to be having a problem with this plugin, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Firstly, i must say that this plugin is amazing and really frees up the clutter on my screen, props to the developer. But, the plugin has seemed to develop this rather annoying bug where all the buttons / gui is extremely pixelated!

That is the only problem with the plugin, but it is rather annoying trying to work out which button is which!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Active memory reduction. Makes every small. Just make sure there is no confit file for 000_ToolBar and it'll be back to normal.

I have a feature request that is hopefully small and simple to implement. Could you make it so I could resize the toolbar beyond the current icons? It could (and should) still shrink down to just their size but then it'd have extra horizontal girth so the next mod I add would continue horizontally instead of creating a new, one-icon row below my other row with a half dozen icons in it.

IE, My toolbar is 6 icons wide. When I add mod #7 it becomes 6 wide with a second row. I want to be able to tell the plugin to instead make it 7 wide.

Just a thought Blizzy, but instead of relying on the user to reset the config file, wouldn't it be possible to just empty the file then reset the internals of the plugin?

Not sure what this is about. You don't need to reset the config file when updating...?

I was just looking at the FAQ, last entry, and was just thinking about "Users". I suppose if they know how to put the toolbar into play, then I suppose they could just delete the file manually. But, then, a UI to just click makes it just that much more simpler for the user.

Something is not quite right with version 1.4.3 that was working fine before in my install.

Any of the toolbars (a different one for each scene: spacecenter, editor, flight...) that was set with autohide=true is not displaying anymore. No way to get it out of hiding, I had to manually change that setting to false and restart to have those toolbars displayed. Then, I can set them to autohide and they do work while remaining in the scene, but if I leave and reenter the scene after having set autohide on, the toolbar is lost again. Really annoying.

As "usual" (longtime customer here), my output_log.txt.

@blizzy78 Love the plugin so far :)

I know the original aim of this plugin would have been to unite everything in one place, but since installing the optional MechJeb module for compatibility I've found myself wanting the ability to create multiple toolbars (I.E. have a seperate bar for all of MechJeb's buttons)

Any of the toolbars (a different one for each scene: spacecenter, editor, flight...) that was set with autohide=true is not displaying anymore. No way to get it out of hiding,

That is odd, it is working just fine for me. Perhaps you can try the following for me:

- Start with a fresh separate KSP install.

- Install the Toolbar Plugin from this thread.

- Rename GameData\000_Toolbar\Toolbar.dll to GameData\000_Toolbar\aaa_Toolbar.dll

- Install the test buttons plugin from TestButtons.zip (source code.) Note that the files should end up in the same folder as aaa_Toolbar.dll.

- Start KSP and play around with the toolbar and the test buttons.

- If everything works, install plugins from your regular KSP install and see if any of those provokes the erratic behaviour.

Also, I've noticed in your output_log.txt that your Kalculator Plugin is still the older one that replaces its toolbar button all the time. This does not seem to provoke the error, though.

I've found myself wanting the ability to create multiple toolbars

I think this will be implemented eventually, I've just not come around to doing it. I've set up things internally with that in mind, though. For now, you just have the ability to add button folders.

When I use the Infernal Robotics Button nothing happens.

But I guess, that is something to ask in the Infernal Robotics thread :D

I think so. If all the other buttons from other plugins work, then it should be an issue of the respective plugin.

That is odd, it is working just fine for me. Perhaps you can try the following for me:

- Start with a fresh separate KSP install.

- Install the Toolbar Plugin from this thread.

- Rename GameData\000_Toolbar\Toolbar.dll to GameData\000_Toolbar\aaa_Toolbar.dll

- Install the test buttons plugin from TestButtons.zip (source code.) Note that the files should end up in the same folder as aaa_Toolbar.dll.

- Start KSP and play around with the toolbar and the test buttons.

- If everything works, install plugins from your regular KSP install and see if any of those provokes the erratic behaviour.

Done. The issue is tied to Mission Controller Extended by Malkuth, that behaviour appears everytime if I have "MissionLibrary.dll" from that mod enabled (the main plugin "MissionController.dll" does not show the issue, even if left in place, however all of the buttons from that mod appear with the toolbar only when "MissionLibrary.dll" is working). Can't say how that is tied to whatever changed since toolbar 1.4.2, it was working, now no more.

Question: would you be so kind to let Malkuth know what has changed with toolbar 1.4.3, so to let him update his mod? I am not able to trace this issue further since I have no idea what you did.

Also, I've noticed in your output_log.txt that your Kalculator Plugin is still the older one that replaces its toolbar button all the time. This does not seem to provoke the error, though.

Good catch by you. Fact is, agises uploaded the new Ingamenotes version, but only the new sourcecode for Kalculator (seems like he forgot to upload version 0.1.1) after you found how to solve the issues over there. I tried to compile from the new sourcecode, but the compiled dll wasn't showing any button to start with, so I had to get back to Kalculator version 0.1. Possibly my fault, I may have done some mistake setting up the environment for the compile, I hope I will eventually find what I did wrong.

P.S. I feel a bit sorry, :blush: I keep feeding you with issues that are tied to other mods, not to the toolbar. However without your help these issues would never be found, nor solved. Please accept my apologies (but I will keep feeding issues, if you don't mind).:)

Edited by diomedea

P.S. I feel a bit sorry, :blush: I keep feeding you with issues that are tied to other mods, not to the toolbar.

Heh, no worries there :) It's always good to throw more eyeballs at a problem so that it can be fixed.

that behaviour appears everytime if I have "MissionLibrary.dll" from that mod enabled

Hmm, I've tested Toolbar 1.4.3 with MissionController 0.43 here, and I'm not able to reproduce the issue, no matter what I do in MC. Could you perhaps execute the most simple sequence of steps that provokes the error, then upload your output_log.txt from that session? Ideally with no other mods installed. Also it would be nice to know what those steps are that you took.

Edited by blizzy78

Hmm, I've tested Toolbar 1.4.3 with MissionController 0.43 here, and I'm not able to reproduce the issue, no matter what I do in MC. Could you perhaps execute the most simple sequence of steps that provokes the error, then upload your output_log.txt from that session? Ideally with no other mods installed. Also it would be nice to know what those steps are that you took.

This is tricky. The issue does not appear with just toolbar and MCE installed. But, everytime, it appears with my full set of mods and MCE; it does not appear with my full set of mods and MCE but without the "MissionLibrary.dll". So, MissionLibrary.dll has something but only when together with other mods. It will take a while, but will be looking what combos may do the triggering.

While I am at that, here the output_log.txt from my testing install when I have the issue and when not due to canceling that dll, sorry plenty of other mods.

Steps: start up KSP (I use it windowed) , enter the same game (new one in sandbox mode set just for this purpose, no craft yet), enter VAB. If the issue is present, I cannot see any presence of the toolbar nor make it go out of hiding. If the issue is not, the toolbar is just lurking from the game's window border, and will unhide when the cursor moves there.

Just wanted to mention in this thread that I've added support for this to my Vertical Velocity Control mod.

I've included toolbar version 1.4.3 (with appropriate linkage and credit) as per the instructions in the development thread.

No issues to report in my implementation, was smooth as silk once I figured out the correct syntax to link from my mod.

D.

I think this will be implemented eventually, I've just not come around to doing it. I've set up things internally with that in mind, though. For now, you just have the ability to add button folders.

Any chance of folder icons, resizing and reordering to tide me over in the meantime? :P

... will be looking what combos may do the triggering.

Found one mod combo that inhibits the toolbar from showing in VAB: MCE 0.43 + RCS Build Aid version 0.4.4.; just those plus, of course, Toolbar 1.4.3 and ModuleManager 1.5.6.

Here the output_log.txt with just the bare minimum to have the issue.

Now on to look what combos may do the same in flight, but hope that case above is enough to find where the problem is.