[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Hey blizzy, I seem to have quite the problem with this mod. There's no menu when I click the button.. Well there is, and I'll show it to you:

1JlvNHx.png

Yeah, the menu is for some odd reason just a black square. It's the same everywhere, not just in the VAB. So, is there any logs or something you'd like me to send or do you have any idea what it is?

Thanks

i am using the version 0.23, maybe i should have mentioned that (i dont plan to update until the ACTUAL .24 is relased)

Update. There are numerous bugfixes and performance improvements. If you really, really don't want the NASA mission, just remove that folder from the Parts folder.

Wrong. 0.23.5 is separate from the usual dev cycle and development for 0.24 is going on parallel(or was) with ARM.

As stated by Harvester ARM was named 0.23.5 solely for the purpose of complying with the update release numbers. It does not have anything to do with 0.24 and is not, in fact, a mid point as you say.

For those like me that find the massive and colourful Donate button in the in-game dropdown menu to be pointless, intrusive and irritating, I've made a quick fix. Replace the donate.tga in the GameData/000_toolbar folder with this file and it will be gone.

Blizzy, while I appreciate the effort you've put into this plugin, I find the in-game donate button to be highly intrusive and inappropriate.

My modified donate.tga file is released under the same BSD-2 license the original file was under, so no harm has been done, I assure you. Have a pleasant day, and thank you again for the effort you've put into reducing button clutter in KSP.

Edited by Natashjy

i know about them, but that doesn't stop the fact that while 0.23.5 is a public relase, its still just a mid point, or a dev build for the actual 0.24

This isn't true in any way. It is a full version; however, work had already begun on version 0.24 when the NASA link up was made. Rather than shoehorn the new plans into the already started 0.24 project, they decided to have a release before 0.24 would come out. This was a problem as the 0.24 name was already taken, and they had already said things like "contracts will come in 0.24". This means they could not make the NASA mission take the name 0.24. Instead, they named it 0.23.5 because that's all their naming scheme would allow. 0.23.5 is in no way a partial or testing release of 0.24.

Dev builds have numbers like 0.23.5.18925352235, and don't get pushed to Steam.

It does work, but I get a popup warning when KSP finishes loading that says a plugin is incompatible and mentions toolbar.

That is intended, because Toolbar Plugin 1.7.1 is intended to be used with KSP 0.23.5 build 464, not any other build.

Has anyone else had difficulty with MJ's buttons since 0.23.5 and the new Toolbar 1.7.1 version? I get the main "MJ" button my toolbar as before, but even though I have my usual set of MJ modules set to display their buttons, they don't show. They were working in 0.23 with the earlier builds of MJ and Toolbar. I still have the MJ Toolbar .DLL installed but it doesn't appear to work. What have I missed in the upgrade process?

EDITED TO ADD: Disregard. Others are now posting about this and solutions in the MJ thread. I thought it was a Toolbar problem but it's apparently a MJ issue. Thanks for your continued work on this, Blizzy.

Edited by LameLefty

Try replacing the FLIGHT block with this one:

FLIGHT
{
toolbar
{
x = 300
y = 300
width = 71
height = 38
autoHide = False
drawBorder = True
useKSPSkin = False
buttonOrder =
visibleButtons =
}
}

Fantastic, just came across the same problem :)

That is intended, because Toolbar Plugin 1.7.1 is intended to be used with KSP 0.23.5 build 464, not any other build.

Heh, so I either have an extra button that yells at me to update, or I get one popup at the very start telling me I'm not using the right version of KSP. I'll take the latter!

Don't know which end it's a problem on, but I'm running the newest versions of both the toolbar and Infernal Robotics and I don't have a button the toolbar for IR, either in flight or the VAB. Anyone else have this problem, or perhaps I've overlooked something? And yes, this is while I've got IR parts on the craft I'm working on.

Edited by Boomerang

Did you know that you can right-click the "update available" button to dismiss (hide) it?

I... of course I did! Why would I have even posted if I didn't know this! (I totally didn't know...LOL)

Don't know which end it's a problem on, but I'm running the newest versions of both the toolbar and Infernal Robotics and I don't have a button the toolbar for IR, either in flight or the VAB. Anyone else have this problem, or perhaps I've overlooked something? And yes, this is while I've got IR parts on the craft I'm working on.

It's on the IR end.

Please update to KSP 0.23.5 build #464.

Where do I get this from? When I run KSP Launcher I get the option to UPDATE, but when I click on it it just greys out and does nothing. When I go to the KSP site and down load KSP again I get

build id = 395

2013-12-17_11-07-58

Branch: master

Where do I get this from? When I run KSP Launcher I get the option to UPDATE, but when I click on it it just greys out and does nothing. When I go to the KSP site and down load KSP again I get

build id = 395

That's the older 0.23.5 before the hotfix update. The current build is 464.

build id = 395

2013-12-17_11-07-58

Branch: master

Shift-refresh (to force a complete refresh) of the page. I downloaded the new version from that site no problems. If that doesn't work, clear your browser cache.

Shift-refresh (to force a complete refresh) of the page. I downloaded the new version from that site no problems. If that doesn't work, clear your browser cache.

Many thanks. I am fine now