[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

So i got Toolbar installed into my Gamedata folder and run KSP, but it doesn't show up whatsoever.

Do you have any plugins installed that are using the Toolbar Plugin? The plugin does not do anything on its own, it needs to be told.

Does this mod let you deal with the KSP bug where you set up action groups on a mirrored part (eg wing), then detatch the part and re-attach it. When you re-attach it, it breaks all the action groups for the mirrored side?

Some way for it to automatically fix the error while in the editor would be nice.

Ok i have reinstalled the Infernal Robotics mod but it still ain't working, i've installed another mod called KSPInterstellar and that one shows the toolbar.

Should've thought of it earlier, but it seems to be the Infernal Robotics is not loading/showing well.

In any case the toolbar seems to be working fine!!!

Edit: Seems to be that Infernal Robotics works now aswell, perhaps reinstalling that mod should've been my first thought..

Sorry to have bothered you with this, but i hope the have a lot of fun with it from now on :) Thanks for your work on this!!!

Edited by Jeffiewhite

Can you post a screen shot of your flight screen? I don't want to seem silly but every now and then I find that it's hard to see because it's a little translucent. Also, IR now has a working DLL, It is AWSOME! I am so happy!

I cba to go through a crapton of posts to see if anyone else has this problem, but the new versions don't work for me.

I use 1.4.0 toolbar, because the newer ones create horrible lag. I don't know exactly in which version the problem appears, but 1.4.0 doesn't have it, 1.7.x does, probably 1.6.x too, no idea about 1.5.x.

Toolbar

Action Group Manager

Active Texture Management

AIES

Atmospheric Sound Enchancement

B9 Aerospace

Taurus HCV

Environmental Visual Enchancements

Thesonicgalaxy's Better Atmospheres

BurnTogether

Mk2/Mk3 Cockpit internals

Coolrockets

Deadly Reentry

Distantobject

DaMichel Parts

Editor Extensions

Kerbal Engineer

Enchanced Navball

ExsurgentEngineering

FAR

Firespitter

Hexcans

Hyomoto MFD

RasterPropMonitor

Kalculator

KAS

Procedural Fairings

ISP Difficulty Scaler

KJR

KineTechAnimation

Hotrockets

Klockheed Martian Space Shuttle Parts

NRAP

KW Rocketry

Magic Smoke Industries

Navball Docking Alignment Indicator

Navball Texture Export

NewHorizon All Pods Kerbal Engineer

Notepad

NorthkeSerCom

NovaPunch

Open Resource System

Part Highlighter

Procedural Wings

RandomCrew

RCS Build Aid

ResGen

RomFarer Sunbeam

Time Warp Rotation

Scene Jumper

SelectRoot

SmokeScreen

Stock Rebalance

StretchySRBs

Tajamsoft Generators

Targetron

Texture Replacer

Throttle Controlled Avionics

TAC Life Support

TAC Fuel Balancer

TAC Self Destruct

Tree Loader

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Tweakable Everything

KSP Interstellar

Wernher Checker

FloorIt

No, your computer shouldn't explode if you had all that. Mine isn't exactly a supercomputer either.

Any ideas? I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, but the "UPDATE PLS" icon is slightly annoying, since hitting it means another 32bit program opening, resulting in an increased risk of KSP crashing.

Edited by xrayfishx

I'm having a little trouble, but I want to clarify I'm not entirely sure that it is being caused by the mod, it's affecting it though and I figured someone else here may have also encountered it and could point me towards a fix. So the Toolbar works great, I really love it. However one of the icons appears to be causing problems. My Kerbal Alarm Clock is working fine, but the image in the toolbar doesn't load and if I add the alarm clock to the toolbar it causes the toolbars shape to randomly change, adding one single icon on a row alone below the rest which seems to react to mouse movements making everything really hard to target.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

This sounds like you didn't install Kerbal Alarm Clock at the right location. Please see your output_log.txt and check for any "button texture not found" messages.

Yeah that's exactly what I did, been a while since I made such a simple mistake of not checking the folders before installing. Thanks man, got it working now. Just noticed the Kethane controls are also not showing up so I'm guessing I probably got lazy when installing that too, need to check that one next.

edit2: the first problem is fixed now, although I don't know how I did it...

Something strange is happening with the toolbar in the tracking station screen - when I go to the tracking station, the toolbar is positioned over the time accelerate buttons, I can unlock it, move it where I want, then relock it (this all seems to work as intended).

However, the problem is that when I leave the tracking station and come back, the toolbar is again sitting on top of the time accelerate buttons.

(I tried deleting the toolbar-settings.dat file in the GameData folder but that didn't seem to help.)

edit: also, is it possible to disable the controls that are underneath the toolbar? It appears to be passing mouse clicks through itself to whatever UI element is beneath it.

Edited by S4qFBxkFFg

This sounds like you didn't install Kerbal Alarm Clock at the right location. Please see your output_log.txt and check for any "button texture not found" messages.

OK wow, it looks like that's my problem too. I was about ready to just uninstall Toolbar, because it flickers so much I can't even click on it. I found those errors.

Love this mod i couldn't move or re-size the toolbar that i got from installing the mods from Scott Manleys Interstellar Quest and it was right in the iddle of the screen installed this mod fixed it saved my life thanks! :D

Love this mod i couldn't move or re-size the toolbar that i got from installing the mods from Scott Manleys Interstellar Quest and it was right in the iddle of the screen installed this mod fixed it saved my life thanks! :D

It is actually the same plugin. Scott Manley just didn't get the latest version from this thread, but chose to use a bundled version instead.

Hey, I've got little idea for feature - toolbar could remember which windows user has on each screen and open/close when switching screens. For example: mechjeb node editor and planner is kinda useless outside map view, the same goes for sass in map view.

I don't think that is going to happen because that would require the Toolbar Plugin to communicate with those other plugins and tell them to open/close their windows. It also would have no way to know what is inside each window. At this time the Toolbar Plugin just doesn't really care what is going to happen when you click a particular button. It could do anything.

I don't think that is going to happen because that would require the Toolbar Plugin to communicate with those other plugins and tell them to open/close their windows. It also would have no way to know what is inside each window. At this time the Toolbar Plugin just doesn't really care what is going to happen when you click a particular button. It could do anything.

I'll admit I have little knowledge of (modern) programming; but since the toolbar already stores what buttons are visible on a given screen; wouldn't it be possible to store the buttons last state on a particular screen as well? You wouldn't really have to care WHAT the button does; just whether it was clicked once ("on") or twice ("off"); and then when a scene changes; simulate a click for each button that was last stored as "on."

Basically; the button could open a webpage showing Hamster Dance; but toolbar shouldn't care; it just has to tell the button that the user clicked it as if they really had.

In pseudo-code....

on_scene_change($scene) {
load button_status ($scene."_status.cfg");
while $button_status != EOF; do { if $button_status[$i] == 1 { simulate_click_on_button; $i++} }
}

on_button_click {
if $button_status == 1 { $button_status = 0 } //button was on but was just clicked; store value as off
else { $button_status = 1 } //button was off and was just clicked, store it as such
}

Like I said; my knowledge of things is quite dated; and I don't know if KSP / Unity would allow for this easily or not; though. Then again maybe I'm mis-understanding you and you mean that KSP / Unity doesn't have a method of "click simulation" and you'd have to basically have your own API where toolbar would have to tell the individual (other) plugins what their status was the last time; and rely on the (other) plugin makers to put the API to use. If that's the case; well aren't we already half-way there now? I mean it's up to the plugin makers now to determine what their buttons do already; a little more work to give the option of storing it's last state couldn't be TOO hard right :-D :sticktongue:

Download links to malware

Unless you can show evidence supporting such accusations, these are to be considered an attempt to discredit someone, as such against rule 2.2.d of the forum rules.

Even in case you had a report from an anti-malware software, it could easily be a false positive. The toolbar is used by many users here (me included) and nobody else ever had such issues.

But, in case, provide notice of what you found, that will allow to see what the issue was and to correct it, in case.