Jump to content

[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar


blizzy78
 Share

Recommended Posts

Problem with download link "There is a problem with the security certificate of the website" . CKAN give this messege :Failed to download "https://www.blizzy.de/toolbar/Toolbar-1.7.12.zip" - error: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for secure SSL / TLS channel." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What am I doing wrong? Toolbar does not work on my testbench at all. It is a fresh install with just Toolbar and MSI plugins only.

 

Error messages in the log are below:

[LOG 10:23:32.806] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ToolbarManager' from assembly 'Toolbar'
[ERR 10:23:32.811] get_dataPath is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'ToolbarManager' on game object 'ToolbarManager'.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
	UnityEngine.Application:get_dataPath()
	KSPUtil:get_ApplicationRootPath()
	Toolbar.ToolbarManager:.cctor()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<CreateDatabase>c__Iterator49:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>c__Iterator5D:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	LoadingScreen:Start()
[WRN 10:23:32.823] File 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/toolbar-settings.dat' does not exist

[ERR 10:23:37.374] InitWWW can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
	UnityEngine.WWW:.ctor(String)
	MiniAVC.Addon:FetchRemoteInfo()
	MiniAVC.Addon:ProcessRemoteInfo(Object)
[LOG 10:23:37.378] Load(Texture): MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Legacy/IR_RotatronVTOL/ir_gennorm
[LOG 10:23:37.395] MiniAVC -> Remote checking has been enabled for: Toolbar
[LOG 10:23:37.400] MiniAVC -> System.ArgumentException: InitWWW can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.WWW:InitWWW (string,byte[],string[])
  at UnityEngine.WWW..ctor (System.String url) [0x00006] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts\generated\common\runtime\UtilsBindings.gen.cs:117 
  at MiniAVC.Addon.FetchRemoteInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MiniAVC.Addon.ProcessRemoteInfo (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 10:23:37.410] MiniAVC -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_Toolbar\Toolbar.version
	NAME: Toolbar
	URL: https://www.blizzy.de/toolbar/Toolbar.version
	DOWNLOAD: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/55420-110-toolbar-1711-common-api-for-draggableresizable-buttons-toolbar/
	GITHUB: NULL
	VERSION: 1.7.13
	KSP_VERSION: 1.2
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: 1.2
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: 1.2
	CompatibleKspVersion: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
	CompatibleGitHubVersion: True
[LOG 10:23:37.415] MiniAVC -> FirstRunGui was destroyed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Ziw said:

I don't have a Contract Configurator, only Toolbar.

It is not about contract configurator, it is about toolbar. Contract Configurator also use toolbar, nightingale found breaking changes in KSP 1.2. and posted PR for toolbar and few lines of code that mods using toolbar need to add, for everything working properly again. I'm not sure if that is same issue you experience or not, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, most of my Mods are broken because of Contract Configurator + Toolbar together. Had to uninstall CC to have (at least great, but not most) fun again with this Game. Is there a way to do the mentioned "Fix" by myself?

OK, don't now, if it helps, but these are MY Mods, messing up (Buttons) when CC is installed: Action Groups Extended, Infernal Robotics, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Hangar, USI. I'm sure, there are more, which I didn't see or forgot.

Edited by eckithebull
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, eckithebull said:

OK, most of my Mods are broken because of Contract Configurator + Toolbar together. Had to uninstall CC to have (at least great, but not most) fun again with this Game. Is there a way to do the mentioned "Fix" by myself?

OK, don't now, if it helps, but these are MY Mods, messing up (Buttons) when CC is installed: Action Groups Extended, Infernal Robotics, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Hangar, USI. I'm sure, there are more, which I didn't see or forgot.

Nope. Mod authors who use the toolbar wrapper need to update their wrapper to avoid a bug that nightingale found while updating CC for 1.2.  A lot of mods have done so already. If there's no mention of this issue in the mod's thread already, a polite post asking the mod author to update the wrapper with a link to nightingale's post a couple of pages back will likely solve the problem you are having.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Nope. Mod authors who use the toolbar wrapper need to update their wrapper to avoid a bug that nightingale found while updating CC for 1.2.  A lot of mods have done so already. If there's no mention of this issue in the mod's thread already, a polite post asking the mod author to update the wrapper with a link to nightingale's post a couple of pages back will likely solve the problem you are having.

So all disappearing icons when CC is installed are bugged code mods? and why do they all work nicely together, until i install CC. Can't follow logic of the bad boy should be the other, not the one new guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before this leads to bad language and heavy discussion: I understand the opinion, that the OTHERS have to change Code! If someone finds a failure, even when all others think "What Failure? Everything is running fine!", then it is, in MY Opinion his Duty to tell from this, against all Screaming from others! Maybe a difference, wich makes no difference IS no difference, but who knows? Maybe someone can make another good Mod because of the discovery of the failure, running better as before other maybe at all. Who knows? Let's not discuss the "Guilty"-Question, let's think about, how the Mod-Authors could be politetly convinced to change Code.

(PS: If someone find's Failures in Grammar or Speech: English is not my Natural Language, so you can keep them:))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

C

17 hours ago, LeLeon said:

So all disappearing icons when CC is installed are bugged code mods? and why do they all work nicely together, until i install CC. Can't follow logic of the bad boy should be the other, not the one new guy.

 

Because CC uses the correct updated code wrapper for Toolbar, forces Toolbar into using the correct hook itself ... and all the other mods are still using the older wrapper that has a bug in it and thus become unusable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can also experience install issue of other kind. If you updated game and mods from KSP 1.1.x version and have older config files for toolbar it can cause strange issues too. It is not new issue, but can be easy oversighted with bunch of mods that need to be updated.

Uninstall of toolbar,  deleting whole mod folder and installing it again can help to solve such issue. Try this first before reporting bug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, LeLeon said:

So all disappearing icons when CC is installed are bugged code mods? and why do they all work nicely together, until i install CC. Can't follow logic of the bad boy should be the other, not the one new guy.

Basically - a change in Cc is exposing a bug in the toolbar wrapper that everyone else uses. Because everyone uses the same code, it only manifests itself when Cc breaks it.

So yes, CC is breaking it, but the bug is not in Cc.

To grossly oversimplify it, mods using the old version go "Hey is toolbar installed?" and expect a "yes/no" answer.

But CC has to ask the question differently to the other mods, and because of the bug in toolbar, the answer is "oranges". The other mods don't know what to do with that.

So yes, CC is exposing it, but the bug isn't in Cc itself. It's just asking the question differently (because it has to). It's asking the right question, is just getting the wrong answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Basically - a change in Cc is exposing a bug in the toolbar wrapper that everyone else uses. Because everyone uses the same code, it only manifests itself when Cc breaks it.

So yes, CC is breaking it, but the bug is not in Cc.

To grossly oversimplify it, mods using the old version go "Hey is toolbar installed?" and expect a "yes/no" answer.

But CC has to ask the question differently to the other mods, and because of the bug in toolbar, the answer is "oranges". The other mods don't know what to do with that.

So yes, CC is exposing it, but the bug isn't in Cc itself. It's just asking the question differently (because it has to). It's asking the right question, is just getting the wrong answer.

THAT was understandable for an old ape like me. Thx.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

im sure somebody has already posted it but the folder for the USI icons are in MKS now not Kolonization. so

UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Kolony24

UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/PlanLog24

those are the two my install is whining about. 

so for the time being i just created a Kolonization folder under USI and copied all the MKS icons to it and now it works. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there @blizzy78 ! You're probably aware of it but I thought I would ping you just in case: there is a serious bug involving the Toolbar mod and mods that depend on it. For a quick repro, just install Contract Configurator and Persistent Rotation and you'll see that the config window in Persistent Rotation is broken with no way to interact with it. I don't know if that's on you or other mod authors but I just wanted to let you know anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jashin said:

Hey there @blizzy78 ! You're probably aware of it but I thought I would ping you just in case: there is a serious bug involving the Toolbar mod and mods that depend on it. For a quick repro, just install Contract Configurator and Persistent Rotation and you'll see that the config window in Persistent Rotation is broken with no way to interact with it. I don't know if that's on you or other mod authors but I just wanted to let you know anyways.

Blizzy have done his part, PR on github is already included in release. Other mods need to be updated with new few lines of code, so everything can work properly again. More info about  issue posted earlier. Just inform other moders that use toolbar about it, so that they can update mods properly.

A lot of mods are already updated this, but you can probably come across some mods that missed this piece of info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...