[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Is this working for 1.2.2? I've been having trouble getting the toolbar to show, even with a very fresh install. I have not found anything of interest in my KSP.log, either.

It works, I saw many streamers using it without issues.

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Is this working for 1.2.2? I've been having trouble getting the toolbar to show, even with a very fresh install. I have not found anything of interest in my KSP.log, either.

I can also confirm it is working for me as well. Are you doing a fresh install using 1.7.13?

Edited by V8jester

It turns out it was due to a couple of local factors:

• I was testing in the main menu: toolbar does not show there (oops. odd, I thought I'd seen it there).
  • I had copied the toolbar cfg from my 1.2.1 directory, but not installed all the mods that used the toolbar, so no buttons to display. Thus toolbar did not display.

Still, thank you for your confirmations, though I read them after having solved the problem (I came back to report that it was PEBCAK).

Sometimes if you have mod that does not support latest toolbar well enough, it can brake whole toolbar UI, making it to not show up on game UI at all.

Deleting "toolbar-settings.dat" file in main gamedata folder helps to solve such issue.

I have noticed that the maneuver alarm that usually get +half or +full burntime added to the margin (depending on the setting in the menu) does not get this in the current build on KSP 1.2.2. As far as I can gather, I only get the margin which is set on top of this.

Can anybody else confirm this?

Have some mechanic changed for calculating burntime which can explain why this might not work now?

52 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I have noticed that the maneuver alarm that usually get +half or +full burntime added to the margin (depending on the setting in the menu) does not get this in the current build on KSP 1.2.2. As far as I can gather, I only get the margin which is set on top of this.

Can anybody else confirm this?

Have some mechanic changed for calculating burntime which can explain why this might not work now?

Wrong thread?

• 3 weeks later...

@blizzy78

Is there a chance, that we could get these exceptions fixed? They seem to be harmless, however it would be nice if we could get them out of the log...

Or does anybody know a way to prevent them?

Spoiler

[LOG 23:37:44.979] [1/8/2017 11:37:44 PM] [TimeControl(2.50): ]: <Info> (TimeController.UpdateInternalTimeWarpArrays) - Setting Internal Rates and Altitude Limits
[EXC 23:37:45.266] ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutArea (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.Type layoutType)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginArea (Rect screenRect, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginArea (Rect screenRect, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
    Toolbar.Toolbar.drawToolbarBorder ()
    Toolbar.Toolbar.draw ()
    Toolbar.ToolbarManager.OnGUI ()
[LOG 23:37:45.555] QuickGoTo(QBlizzyToolbar)[1.31]: StartUpdateEach 2010698688

• 3 weeks later...
On 24.1.2017 at 1:44 PM, jimos87 said:

I cant get it to work on a fresh install from ckan i get a message saying its for vers 1.2 it has worked before in latest version of kerbal now all of a sudden it has stopped

Fix: Don't use CKAN

On 24.1.2017 at 1:44 PM, jimos87 said:

I cant get it to work on a fresh install from ckan i get a message saying its for vers 1.2 it has worked before in latest version of kerbal now all of a sudden it has stopped

This is just a notice for you, it should work anyway. And it does work for me on 1.2.2. Installed via CKAN, too.

3 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

Well, the game keeps giving me an annoying message box that says unsupported.

As @Brigadier said.

"the post above yours"

"This is just a notice for you, it should work anyway"

Just remove the .version file and anything in the folder that says "AVC"

Edited by V8jester

The toolbar does indeed work in 1.2.2, however most of the mods that I used to access through the toolbar now have sidebar icons.  The only mod I have now that really uses the toolbar is Mechjeb, because I find Blizzy's method more useful than the existing Mechjeb drop-down.

• 3 weeks later...

The Persistent trails mod (recompiled by @JPLRepo for 1.2) depends on this mod, so while in the game the toolbars menu is showing up but there is no option for 'persistent trails' 

So it becomes impossible to use persistent trails. Any fix for this ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Darth Jeb said:

The Persistent trails mod (recompiled by @JPLRepo for 1.2) depends on this mod, so while in the game the toolbars menu is showing up but there is no option for 'persistent trails' 

Not true. You probably have a bad install. The Persistent Trails mod recompiled by JPLRepo by default shows in both the stock applauncher & Blizzy's toolbar, with an option in the game's difficulty settings to disable the app launcher button

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

How do I reorder the buttons inside a folder?

I don't think you can, at least not from within the game.  You have to be careful with the order when you move the icons into it initially.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:17 PM, Teilnehmer said:

How do I reorder the buttons inside a folder?

Use the Settings button in the Blizzy Toolbar.  Left-click and drag the button to move.  When done, then click the Settings button again.