Optional MechJeb Modules for FAR, NEAR & km_Gimbal 2/3 (July 16)

sarbian

Thanks a lot Oinker, its working fine now. I had already downloaded and installed your wonderful icon pack.

To all who downloaded my collection of mostly other peoples work, I've updated this latest file (2 posts up) with a couple more since it was first posted. I was hoping that Nothke would finish his pack so we could unify on colors, fonts, and effects but it looks like he's busy on other projects. It'd also be nice to get a little update to the "Optional Module" addon to switch between an on and off icon. Of course, Sarbian is busy and likely doesn't want to reproduce that work again in a future build of MechJeb. Should be just a code merge though.

Here's that icon pack.

NOTE: there used to be a screenshot of the three toolbars (two on left of center gauge, info bar on right). sorry, but i lost it.

Bar Left (maneuver bar): Kerbal Alarm Clock, Crew Manifest, Ascent Guidance, Ascent Stats, Landing Guidance, Maneuver Planner, Node Editor, Warp Helper, Rendevous Planner, Smart ASS, RCS Balancer, Translatron, Kalculator

Bar Middle (little-used bar; toolbar auti-hides): MechJeb menu, Steam Gauges Menu, Rendezvous autopilot, docking autopilot, rover autopilot, space plane auto, multiple saves addon

Bar Right (info bar): Fusebox, ASL indicator (from Steam Gauges for landing), delta-v, orbit info, surface info, vessel info, target info (custom window), phase angles (custom window), landing info (custom window), Targetron

Some windows stay up most the time and have their own spot. Most windows aren't up at the same time and share a spot.

Edited by Oinker
updated link to dropbox

• 2 weeks later...
http://ronwelch.net/images/Toolbar_Icons_Screenshot.jpg

To all who downloaded my collection of mostly other peoples work, I've updated this latest file (2 posts up) with a couple more since it was first posted. I was hoping that Nothke would finish his pack so we could unify on colors, fonts, and effects but it looks like he's busy on other projects. It'd also be nice to get a little update to the "Optional Module" addon to switch between an on and off icon. Of course, Sarbian is busy and likely doesn't want to reproduce that work again in a future build of MechJeb. Should be just a code merge though.

Here's that icon pack.

Bar Left: Kerbal Alarm Clock, Crew Manifest, Ascent Guidance, Ascent Stats, Landing Guidance, Maneuver Planner, Node Editor, Warp Helper, Rendevous Planner, Smart ASS, RCS Balancer, Translatron, Kalculator

Bar Middle: MechJeb menu, Steam Gauges Menu, Rendezvous autopilot, docking autopilot, rover autopilot, space plane auto, multiple saves addon

Bar Right: Fusebox, ASL indicator (from Steam Gauges for landing), delta-v, orbit info, surface info, vessel info, target info (custom window), phase angles (custom window), landing info (custom window), Targetron

Some windows stay up most the time and have their own spot. Most windows aren't up at the same time and share a spot.

I noticed that there seems to be a considerable memory leak when I use some of the buttons in that icon pack. is there anyway to control that other than disable to buttons?

I noticed that there seems to be a considerable memory leak when I use some of the buttons in that icon pack. is there anyway to control that other than disable to buttons?

Icons are icons, man; little pngs that can't waste memory. Your problem must lie within one of the mods you're using, perhaps even the toolbar itself.

Disable mods until the leak disappears or go the other way and re-enable them until the leak appears. It's good that it's a "considerable" leak. It won't take as long to spot it as you go through this process.

Icons are icons, man; little pngs that can't waste memory. Your problem must lie within one of the mods you're using, perhaps even the toolbar itself.

Disable mods until the leak disappears or go the other way and re-enable them until the leak appears. It's good that it's a "considerable" leak. It won't take as long to spot it as you go through this process.

yup. that's how I noticed the leak. nothing happened at all but i installed that pack ... THEN the leaks began :| *shrugs* dunno .. no leak ... install .. leak ..

I look for that each time I install because so many mods DO leak it's not funny .. So I took up looking before I got too into a mod and don't want to part wit it. :)

just thought I'd bring it up

And how do you detect your "leak" ? Because a crash does not mean you have a leak, it just mean you have gone beyond a safe threshold and so few megs the icons add may be enough.

yup. that's how I noticed the leak. nothing happened at all but i installed that pack ... THEN the leaks began :| *shrugs* dunno .. no leak ... install .. leak ..

I look for that each time I install because so many mods DO leak it's not funny .. So I took up looking before I got too into a mod and don't want to part wit it. :)

just thought I'd bring it up

Perhaps it was the straw that broke the camels back:D

http://ronwelch.net/images/Toolbar_Icons_Screenshot.jpg

Here's that icon pack.

Bar Left: Kerbal Alarm Clock, Crew Manifest, Ascent Guidance, Ascent Stats, Landing Guidance, Maneuver Planner, Node Editor, Warp Helper, Rendevous Planner, Smart ASS, RCS Balancer, Translatron, Kalculator

Bar Middle: MechJeb menu, Steam Gauges Menu, Rendezvous autopilot, docking autopilot, rover autopilot, space plane auto, multiple saves addon

Bar Right: Fusebox, ASL indicator (from Steam Gauges for landing), delta-v, orbit info, surface info, vessel info, target info (custom window), phase angles (custom window), landing info (custom window), Targetron

How did you split it into multiple toolbars?

EDIT: Nevermind, just realised i had an older version of the toolbar mod.

Edited by OtherBarry

And how do you detect your "leak" ? Because a crash does not mean you have a leak, it just mean you have gone beyond a safe threshold and so few megs the icons add may be enough.

nope I if you go to the resource monitor it will hint on things but if you use other software it is a lot more accurate. when there is a static screen up (take you pick there .. and you see the working set and the committed kb you can see what is going on pretty well .. I have noticed that if I have a stable mod I can let everything sit still and I should see no upward increment for either of those stats .. however when something is going to be problematic if I have something related to that new mod .. a part a button whatever ... and let everything stabilize then open that object there will be a slow (sometimes not so slow) increase in the consumed resource. Crashes don't always happen at the 3.4 most peeps talk about but the chances become exponentially greater from that point forward .. that's why I like to work in a safe range of 2.9 or less if I can .. it'd be sort of silly to base it on a crash ... at least I think it would.

side note .. i have found though that with the KSP background up the rate of increase is much slower .. it's not a full stop but its a lot slower ..

Edited by positivewun

Well, even if you do have a leak I can't do anything about it. The icon are related to the toolbar mod and all the MJ plugin does is calling the toolbar.

And I doubt the toolbar is leaking too. So unless you have a real to to dump the VM memory you 'lll have trouble finding the origin.

Well, even if you do have a leak I can't do anything about it. The icon are related to the toolbar mod and all the MJ plugin does is calling the toolbar.

And I doubt the toolbar is leaking too. So unless you have a real to to dump the VM memory you 'lll have trouble finding the origin.

yep all good man .. just thought I might say something about it was all :)

nope I if you go to the resource monitor it will hint on things but if you use other software it is a lot more accurate. when there is a static screen up (take you pick there .. and you see the working set and the committed kb you can see what is going on pretty well .. I have noticed that if I have a stable mod I can let everything sit still and I should see no upward increment for either of those stats .. however when something is going to be problematic if I have something related to that new mod .. a part a button whatever ... and let everything stabilize then open that object there will be a slow (sometimes not so slow) increase in the consumed resource. Crashes don't always happen at the 3.4 most peeps talk about but the chances become exponentially greater from that point forward .. that's why I like to work in a safe range of 2.9 or less if I can .. it'd be sort of silly to base it on a crash ... at least I think it would.

side note .. i have found though that with the KSP background up the rate of increase is much slower .. it's not a full stop but its a lot slower ..

As long as you don't take a leak out in public you'll be ok...:sticktongue:

On a more serious note, did you look to see if there where any errors or stuffages in the output log?

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out about this I hope (soon) is kinda close, do i need the MechjebRPM.dll it came with the KSO and the LEM from fasa, is it just so they report correct numbers or will it screw all 3 up if I tanke out the MechjebRPM.dll?

Just found out about this I hope (soon) is kinda close, do i need the MechjebRPM.dll it came with the KSO and the LEM from fasa, is it just so they report correct numbers or will it screw all 3 up if I tanke out the MechjebRPM.dll?

MechJebRPM.dll is part of RasterPropMonitor. It's the part of RPM that allows you to use MechJeb functions from IVA. If you don't want to use those features in IVA, you can delete that file. Otherwise, you should leave it in there.

If there is a problem with MechJebRPM.dll, it'd be helpful to bring it up in the RasterPropMonitor thread, so that the RPM devs (like me) can find the bug report, instead of stumbling across them by chance. :)

MechJebRPM.dll is part of RasterPropMonitor. It's the part of RPM that allows you to use MechJeb functions from IVA. If you don't want to use those features in IVA, you can delete that file. Otherwise, you should leave it in there.

If there is a problem with MechJebRPM.dll, it'd be helpful to bring it up in the RasterPropMonitor thread, so that the RPM devs (like me) can find the bug report, instead of stumbling across them by chance. :)

I was just wondering it's exact use and if it was not mod breaking to delete it to make these work but the post a couple above mine said it didnt work until he deleted the MechjebRPM.dll.

I was just wondering it's exact use and if it was not mod breaking to delete it to make these work but the post a couple above mine said it didnt work until he deleted the MechjebRPM.dll.

MJ works with or without MechjebRPM.dll if you use KSO or other mods that use RPM.i deleted MjRPM.dll becous it screwed with my MJ toolbar integration.If you decide to delite MjRPM.dll,you're not able to use the MJ in IVA,otherwise everything is working normally.

Edited by sebi.zzr

Thought it might be worth mentioning the new version of FAR causes the MJ Terminal Velocity display to die on the flight info screen and makes everything in that window vanish.

Edited by JeffreyCor

Thought it might be worth mentioning the new version of FAR causes the MJ Terminal Velocity display to die on the flight info screen and makes everything in that window vanish.

Confirmed.

Thanks for reporting it Jeffrey. Always good to know that it is not just my install doing bad things. It is spamming errors in the log as well.

Confirmed.

Thanks for reporting it Jeffrey. Always good to know that it is not just my install doing bad things. It is spamming errors in the log as well.

Not only is the FAR module spamming errors, but it is also refusing to do any of the checked things in the utilities involved with space planes. (Specifically prevent jet flameout)

Just adding this to my subs list, I finally got around to adding FAR to my mod list in 0.23.5 and it's terrifyingly fun to watch MJ fail to fly in more realistic atmospheric conditions. Hoping to see a working update soon. :)