Optional MechJeb Modules for FAR, NEAR & km_Gimbal 2/3 (July 16)

sarbian

Sarbian, I am getting this error when moving the MechJeb AR02 part into the editor screen.

MechJeb module MechJebFARExt threw an exception in OnStart: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FerramAerospaceResearch, Version=0.14.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'FerramAerospaceResearch, Version=0.14.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm not sure if it's related, but after placing the MechJeb part, clicking on certain module buttons doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Ok, it's not this extension that is causing the weird module button thing. It's MechJeb itself.

EDIT Again: Sorry, the weird module button thing doesn't seem to affect gameplay at all. Clicking the button still has the intended effect, it just doesn't update the tooltip until you mouse off and back over the part.

Edited by Hektos

km_Gimbal 2.0 Support

Full support for dtobi km_Gimbal 2.0 (the one currently in B9).

km_Gimbal 3.0 Support

Full support for the km_Gimbal 3.0 bunlded in my current version of SSE.

Stupid question, but since modders love to give us version numbers 100% of the time, how do I figure out which km_Gimbal I have?

• 2 weeks later...
Dynamic pressure is in pascal and is equal to the atmo density * (air speed squared). Here MJ use it to know when turning hard will apply too much lateral forces and make the ship loop. When the actual value is higher than the given one then MJ restrict the angle of attack to the given angle (it's a bit more complex since it also smooth the transition)

It's only really useful when FAR or NEAR are installed.

You can display the current value by adding it to a window with the window editor.

Does anyone know how to use Dynamic Pressure Fadeout? I assumed it softens or disables the AoA limiter based on the current dynamic pressure, but I can't seem to get it to do that with any value I put in.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get this error in my log trying to use the km gimbal 3.0 mechjeb plugin. I think it needs to be recompiled or use reflection so it will ues the km gimbal 3.0 module for ksp 1.x instead of the 0.90 version.

The following assembly referenced from /home/mcfadds2/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/MechJeb2/Plugins/MechJebKMGimbal3Ext.dll could not be loaded:
Assembly: km_Gimbal (assemblyref_index=4)
Version: 3.0.1.0
Public Key: (none)

Sarbian - a bit off topic - but how impossible/hard/easy is it for another plugin/part module to call some behavior in Mechjeb? e.g. the 'panic' or 'land anywhere'? I'm a developer but only recently started C# and looking at other mode code.

• 2 weeks later...

Done for FAR. I need to work on the script for KM so somewhere in the weekend if I get the time

DBowman : sorry I missed that post. Yes, it is easy. PM me :)

Hello,

Is there an ETA to support F.A.R. v0.14.3? the current version is throwing errors:

[Error]: MechJeb module MechJebFARExt threw an exception in OnStart:  System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly  'FerramAerospaceResearch, Version=0.14.2.0, Culture=neutral,  PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'FerramAerospaceResearch, Version=0.14.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I get this error too, in 0.15.2.0:

[ERR 02:12:28.464] MechJeb module MechJebFARExt threw an exception in OnStart: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FerramAerospaceResearch, Version=0.15.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'FerramAerospaceResearch, Version=0.15.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'