Optional MechJeb Modules for FAR, NEAR & km_Gimbal 2/3 (July 16)

sarbian

• 3 weeks later...

MechJeb module MechJebKMGimbal3Ext threw an exception in OnStart: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'km_Gimbal, Version=3.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'km_Gimbal, Version=3.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Can you compile a version for 15.4.1? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of a recompile for the latest FAR I had wanted on the last version because it seemed like a new one was right around the corner. Lo and behold it was, and rather than ask twice I waited, but now you are busier with work and about to go on vacation, so I desperately got on here to beg for a recompile before you go oh great Purveyor of Nyan. Please! Thanks! :) Enjoy your vaca

Are the CKAN versions of MechJeb2 and the FAR Module compatible with each other? Although the OP says the dev build of MechJeb 2 is required for the modules to work, I'm wondering if that applies to the FAR module---it's the only module in the OP that doesn't specifically link to a minimum required MechJeb build. Or do I need to grab the dev build of MechJeb2 manually before installing CKAN's version of the FAR Module? (Apologies if this is a question that's been asked and answered; the thread search is bugging out on me!)

• 1 month later...

Is Mechjeb's "Drag Losses" calculation from the tracking stats working properly with FAR? It's telling me my rockets are all getting 0m/s lost to drag, even when I jettison the faring pretty early. I'm using the versions of FAR, Mechjeb and FAR MechJeb modules from CKAN if that matters.

Nope, never have. If you want to know your drag losses:

1. Switch navball to Surface mode and pause.

2. Note total dV expended

3. Subtract srf velocity from that number

4. Subtract gravity losses.

5. Subtract steering losses.

6. The result is your drag losses.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you compile a new version? Thanks!

MechJeb module MechJebKMGimbal3Ext threw an exception in OnStart: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'km_Gimbal, Version=3.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'km_Gimbal, Version=3.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Ferram_Aerospace_Research-v0.15.5.4_Hoerner

MechJeb2-2.5.5.0-530

Edited by Kolago

• 2 weeks later...

The module for FAR needs updating for the latest dev build. Ferram made some changes to FARAeroUtil.cs. This is causing the mechjeb extension for FAR to throw NREs. I can post full log if needed here is a snip of the issue. Thanks!!

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'FerramAerospaceResearch.FARAeroUtil.GetCurrentDensity'.
  at MuMech.VesselState.AnalyzeParts (.Vessel vessel, MuMech.EngineInfo einfo, MuMech.IntakeInfo iinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MuMech.VesselState.Update (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebCore.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

On 1/14/2016 at 5:42 PM, sarbian said:

I will have a look over the week end. I fear that the change are a bit more complex than the vanishing of a density method....

Any news? Not trying rush you or anything, so please take this as a polite reminder in case it slipped your mind. Thanks again :)