Optional MechJeb Modules for FAR, NEAR & km_Gimbal 2/3 (July 16)

sarbian

Here is some Mechjeb extension plugin. I can't edit MechJeb OP so they will live here for now. You need the latest dev version of MJ for them to work.

All of them are under GPL3 license.

FAR Support

Basic support for FAR inside MJ. For now it only adds surface control info inside MJ. The control should not wobble as much.

Download

Source

km_Gimbal 2.0 Support (I won't build this one anymore)

Full support for dtobi km_Gimbal 2.0 (the one currently in B9). Original code by NathanKell

you NEED Mechjeb2 dev version #316 or later for this to work

Download

Source

km_Gimbal 3.0 Support

Full support for the km_Gimbal 3.0 bunlded in my current version of SSE. Original code by NathanKell, patch by Ozraven

you NEED Mechjeb2 dev version #316 or later for this to work

Download

Source

ModuleRCSFX Support

Full support for the ModuleRCSFX bunlded used in RO/RSS. Original code by me and Starwaster

you NEED Mechjeb2 dev version #507 or later for this to work

Download

Source

btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by sarbian

Rocket flipping over with or without the ext is the turn shape set too low. Set it around 60% for FAR :)

This is a cut-paste of an reply I made on MJ bug tracker avout FAR ext:

The problem is that most of FAR is stateful, so I can not ask for "how much drag would I get if the ship was moving at this speed and turned this way" without changing how the ship currently fly.

For some operation I can save the state, do what I need to, and then restore it.

But for some other I can't do that. For example the re-entry simulation run in a separate thread, so if I can not save/query/restore data without totally destroying the flight model. I have some idea on how to overcome this but I don't know if they'll work until I try them.

I run it at 70 to 80% normally and 14 to 24km start of turn - I fly a lot of very large, lumpy rockets so I'm used to dealing with it. Just seems to be less prone to it now.

Maybe ask ferr4m if he could add bits to his API that might help you? If such things exist.

I hit a bug with the Blizzy78 Toolbar support. I had a craft that had MJ modules on two stages (a "smart" booster stage and a capsule). In orbit, I staged to separated the two stages, and switched to the booster. Once I had it on a suborbital trajectory, I switched back to the capsule. The MJ modules had disappeared from the toolbar. I returned to the space center and went back, and they appeared again. Without the toolbar support, the MJ menus do not disappear like this.

...The MJ modules had disappeared from the toolbar. ....

Similar, to an extent, to the issue I am experiencing. I have MJ main button along with a few MJ's modules buttons (and other mods) on the toolbar. I repeatedly had the main MJ button disappear from the toolbar (only that one button, all others stay fit) when I move a vessel to the launchpad. Sometimes the button is present but not functional (no MJ main window works), but then the button itself disappears during ascent. If I then switch to the same vessel after launch, everything works as expected.

I hit a bug with the Blizzy78 Toolbar support. I had a craft that had MJ modules on two stages (a "smart" booster stage and a capsule). In orbit, I staged to separated the two stages, and switched to the booster. Once I had it on a suborbital trajectory, I switched back to the capsule. The MJ modules had disappeared from the toolbar. I returned to the space center and went back, and they appeared again. Without the toolbar support, the MJ menus do not disappear like this.

As a follow-on, any MJ windows that are open when switching windows remain - so, if the main MJ window is open, I can access everything. FWIW, I don't use AR202 case. I add the module to pods.

You re sure the icons are here ?

Try with blizzy updated dll http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863

Trying again now. Will update / edit with results in just a moment... Thanks...

EDIT: Still no go, getting this error in ksp.log

[LOG 06:30:36.646] saving toolbar settings (EDITOR)

[ERR 06:30:36.658] MechJeb module MechJebModuleRoverWaypointWindow threw an exception in OnSave: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleRoverWaypointWindow.OnSave (.ConfigNode local, .ConfigNode type, .ConfigNode global) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (.ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 06:30:36.762] [MechJeb2] MechJebModuleMenuToolbar adding Button: Delta-V_Stats for MechJebModuleCustomInfoWindow

Blizzy's toolbar is visible on launch pad, and MJ is not in toolbar, but is on the side??

Edited by drtedastro
more info

The Toolbar Support is updated with the version 1.2 of Blizzy addon and the last version of MJ addon.

Works here. The only thing I know not to work is custom windows with the same name. If you do that you will have to rename one and reload MJ (a return to the space center should do it)

Since I use the Delta-V window all the time, I thought I would go ahead and make an icon for you to include in the toolbar for it.

Delta-V_Stats.png

If I find myself randomly making any other icons, I will be happy to send them your way.

I was also wondering if you were looking to avoid color in your icons. If not, then I think making the AP buttons (Ascent, Landing, Maneuver, Redezvous, Smart A.S.S.) have limited color accents to visually separate them from the planner/info display windows. Here is an example of what I mean:

Your Maneuver Node Editor icon is white, while this alteration is used for the Maneuver Planner:

Maneuver_Planner

I'd like to have a go at the buttons, please. A few questions, seeing as I've never tried anything like this before. Alpha means transparency, right?

Do I have to change anything in photoshop to get alphas?

24x24 means 24px by 24px totals, like pixel art kinda?

Any specific requirements?

I'm totally new to this so I'll just be trying out skills, so don't expect art.

Thanks for all your help.