[1.2.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.6.4.0 (Dec 30th 2016)

sarbian

This isn't compatible with habitat mod :( I can only use it to move crew in and out of the rotating station part when its not rotating and can only stop it rotating when it's empty Il post this on the habitat thread too.

great mod for all other parts though.

This isn't compatible with habitat mod :( I can only use it to move crew in and out of the rotating station part when its not rotating and can only stop it rotating when it's empty Il post this on the habitat thread too.

great mod for all other parts though.

Thanks for the report. I've nearly resolved the issues related to this, but unfortunately the true fix is needed in the Habitat code. Good news is that I've made the fix and am working on contacting Porkjet to get him the latest code. (Essentially the problem in Habitat was that the spin code was inadvertently resetting the centrifuge's crew capacity to zero, and CrewManifest's part highlighting was getting stuck on parts that changed crew capacities.)

Stay tuned here and (hopefully) Porkjet's Habitat Pack thread for updates!

What's the difference between this and ship manifest? Does it requires connected living space? Because all I want to be able to do is transferred crew. No more. And I think connected living space has issues with TAC.

Revencher : are you in flight ? Anything in the log ?

Motokid600 : this handle crew only and does not use/require connected living space for now.

What's the difference between this and ship manifest? Does it requires connected living space? Because all I want to be able to do is transferred crew. No more. And I think connected living space has issues with TAC.

Hi Motokid600,

The difference in them for your purposes is simple. Crew manifest does crew only. Period. It does this, pure and simple, no frills, no "realism" modes, no dependencies :). If that is all you need, I highly suggest you use Kerbal Crew Manifest.

Ship Manifest is a different direction, and while it is based on Kerbal Crew Manifest, and has the same simple crew movement feature if you want, it has a lot more (Science and resource movements, realism features, lots of configurability). However, it does come with the CLS "requirement". I intend to make CLS a soft dependency soon, and SM will no longer "require" CLS after that.

I believe there is room for both plugins in the KSP community, and I look forward to what sarbian may/may not decide to do with KCM.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Can you clarify what you mean when you say that CLS has issues with TAC - can you quote a reference, as I am not aware of any issue.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say that CLS has issues with TAC - can you quote a reference, as I am not aware of any issue.

Motokid is likely referring to the prior ShipManifest bug, in which TACLS resources would be duplicated when crew were transferred. I believe this issue is now resolved, and it was never related to CLS.

I look forward to what sarbian may/may not decide to do with KCM.

I'll crush the all the other crew mods ! :D

More seriously ozraven is working on cleaning up the code, fixing the few remaining bugs and changing a few other things. CLS support may come later and if I ever finish working on the next SmokeScreen release I'll test some UI ideas.

And I need to do a proper release of the his last patch...

I am using the latest vertion of KSP and MechJeb.

I see the icon for the crew manifest on the toolbar but when i click on it nothing happens.

any ideas?

What scene are you in?

It should work in PreFlight and InFlight only. Does it work in those scenes?

In your KSP install directory there is a KSP_Data directory and in here an output_log.txt file. Can you zip it an put it somewhere like dropbox ? I ll have a look.

A heads up for you guys that I have *finally* got on to sorting out some sort of wrapper for CLS mods can use it without having to have it as a reference / dependency. The discussion of over on this thread. I think that what I have got working now is where it is going to end up.

I have a small problem. When I click transfer crew, the box appears out of screen and I cant grab the top to move it down. This doesn't allow me to transfer crew from some capsules. I tried playing full screen, but it still appears out of the screen. Any suggestions.

https://i.imgur.com/oPLVLQb.png

https://i.imgur.com/1zS8Lbl.png

...When I click transfer crew, the box appears out of screen...

If you delete the file config.xml in the directory <ksp game path>/GameData/CrewManifest/Plugins/PluginData/CrewManifest when the game is not running, a new file with valid settings will be created when the game is restarted. I'm not sure how it happened (change in screen size settings maybe?) but it must have invalid figures for the screen size/window positions.

I have a small problem. When I click transfer crew, the box appears out of screen and I cant grab the top to move it down. This doesn't allow me to transfer crew from some capsules. I tried playing full screen, but it still appears out of the screen. Any suggestions.

https://i.imgur.com/oPLVLQb.png

https://i.imgur.com/1zS8Lbl.png

Confirmed. In windowed mode, it is quite easy to move the window up far enough that the grabbable area is out of reach. I've sent a fix to sarbian that will prevent this by repositioning each window to be wthin the current screen dimensions when the settings are loaded, and also when the windows are hidden by the Toolbar icon. (Just click to hide, and then click to show it again and the windows will be moved back.) Thanks for reporting the bug with the clear and helpful screen shots! :D

If you delete the file config.xml in the directory <ksp game path>/GameData/CrewManifest/Plugins/PluginData/CrewManifest when the game is not running, a new file with valid settings will be created when the game is restarted. I'm not sure how it happened (change in screen size settings maybe?) but it must have invalid figures for the screen size/window positions.

Yes, this also works in a pinch. :) The settings will be loaded from the config.xml on scene change, so if you don't want to reload the game: return to the Space Center, go delete the file, and then return to your Flight. The windows should be restored to their default positions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.