What has got you interested in science?

Unimatrix1

to me it started when I was younger and me asking a question which lead to more questions and after a few years I understood basic SCIENCE and i don't know, everything is just equations, questions and a hole lot of fun.

For me; I grew up in rural America, where we lived 6 miles from a rather small town. This gives way to a view of the night sky with little light pollution. Nightly, the stars where out shining like a celestial Christmas tree, where we (my friends and myself) would sit for hours gazing and pondering. It was not until I was in college (the local high schools had limited science programs), that I took my first physics class "Atoms to Galaxies". A combination of that passion with the love for rock climbing and being outdoors, led to me becoming a Planetary Geologist.

School wasn't (sadly) the main inspiration for my love of science. It was probably caused by my two brothers. One was a buttocks, and the other one was kind. The buttocks despised science and mathematics, whereas the kind brother embraced science and mathematics leading me to spend an excessive amount of time with him. So my love for science was fostered by osmosis (pun undoubtedly intended)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.