BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Just a few questions:

-1. Where do i put this when downloading, i tried gamedata, is that right?

-2. Where do i put a skybox, as in what folder in the mod?

-3. I tried putting the kerbal heads i want in the heads folder, but nothing happened?

-4. Where do i go if i want to asign a specific head to a specific kerbal?

-5. Would anybody be interested in making me a custom EVA suits. Real simple. All i want is the normal stock suit, but instead of red strips and patches, replace all the red with a royal blue. Keep the same texture and everything.

Sorry if these have been asked before :blush:

Thanks in advance :D

I'm still confused about the custom kerbal heads: This is what i have for Bob say,: (copy and pasted)

CREW

{

name = Bob Kerman

brave = 0.3

dumb = 0.1

badS = False

state = 0

ToD = 3523196.12325162

idx = 1

}

Where do i insert the head and suit? (this is in the persistance file)

Would i write for the first line name= Bob Kerman= kerbalhead_m40 ?

Edited by Mr.Rocket

I'm still confused about the custom kerbal heads: This is what i have for Bob say,: (copy and pasted)

CREW

{

name = Bob Kerman

brave = 0.3

dumb = 0.1

badS = False

state = 0

ToD = 3523196.12325162

idx = 1

}

Would i write for the first line name= Bob Kerman= kerbalhead_m40 ?

Yes quoting my own quote.

Note: do not do this, otherwise, you kerbals will have names like this:

bOBez50.png

Still looking how to put in specified ones, although i got the mod working in general :)

And Tangle, what have you done so far?, else it's hard to help :)

Wrong file, you want the tcfg file in the TextureReplacer folder, there are instructions inside it

Oh, okay. Anyone know why my custom suits aren't working?

No we don't, because we don't know what you're doing. Post the lines from your tcfg file

Wrong file, you want the tcfg file in the TextureReplacer folder, there are instructions inside it

Yes, i realize there are instructions, but i can't actually change anything in there. It doesn't have any info on my kerbals

Ok, it's fixed itself I guess. However, how do I get kerbals to wear the same suit they do in IVA on EVA?

take whatever suit textures you're using, stick copies of them into /Default and rename them "EVAtexture" and "EVAtextureNRM". I'm not sure if this will work, but the two texture sheets look similar so I will assume they are

Yes, i realize there are instructions, but i can't actually change anything in there. It doesn't have any info on my kerbals

You have to enter in the kerbal name, the head texture and the suit texture (last one is optional, denoted by the []). By default there is nothing there

DDoLSlP.png

Guys, I'm proud to announce a new, experimental version of my texture back. It greatly reduces the initial load time of the game and also gives each planet a new snazzy look with desaturation for realism and optimized texture sizes. Feedback is greatly appreciated as I'm trying out new things.

:huh:Totally not an april fool's prank. May want to backup your current textures, if any. :huh:

Edited by Endraxial

Not possible now but maybe at some point?

Yes, it's a lot of work to implement a GUI. I've been thinking about that, I have some ideas, but not in near future.

Happy to see that you like and enjoy the pack!

I've followed Shaw and Papic's advices, so here comes the first update, please delete and clean the previous version of the pack to avoid problems:

I cant get this Download Link to work. Is it working for anybody or is it broken?

I wonder when we'll be replacing asteroid textures :D

From what I've played, the asteroid textures are surprisingly nice looking. Probably not worth it to replace them, but then again where's the fun if we can't conquer those as well?

I cant get this Download Link to work. Is it working for anybody or is it broken?

Hit refresh in your web browser and see if that brings it up. Mega can apparently cause trouble for some. Proot really needs to consider a mirror link on another file host.

Edited by Endraxial

<snip>

Guys, I'm proud to announce a new, experimental version of my texture back. It greatly reduces the initial load time of the game and also gives each planet a new snazzy look with desaturation for realism and optimized texture sizes. Feedback is greatly appreciated as I'm trying out new things.

Endraxial, thanks for the new textures -- however I think some files are named incorrectly. The texture for Kerbin looks like an icy moon.

http://www.blade-edge.com/images/forums/ksp/2%20-%20GZ7d7NR.jpg

where are all these cool suit textures? Do want!

Those textures are on the UniverseReplacer's thread. All the links are on reddit, look the first post in THIS thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Endraxial, thanks for the new textures -- however I think some files are named incorrectly. The texture for Kerbin looks like an icy moon.

1st April.

I've found that the new flags on kerbals' jetpacks are not made invisible when you EVA them at ground level; so you have mysterious floating flags behinds kerbals now.

I've noticed that, but other than that, everything seems just fine in 0.23.5