BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

I'm having an issue creating a skybox... I exported a lovely skybox from Space Engine, spent ages making sure I'd named them all correctly, blah blah, anyway TL/DR, five of the six sides are fine, and one of them is wrong :s

I've tried flipping it; makes no difference, I thought maybe it was a brightness issue but it doesn't seem to be.

Would some beautiful person take a look at it and see if you can't figure out where I'm going wrong please?

Much apreesh, cheers.

I'm trying to give Jeb sunglasses by using the no eye feature. I have one bug though. When I launch he has eyes but the eyes don't go away until I EVA then it's normal. Is there a way to make the eyes never show on the certain head or did I miss something?

I've fixed my skybox! Not sure what was wrong but it's gone now :)

DOWNLOAD HERE

This is the best picture I could get; for some reason my game won't not reduce the skybox textures... Looks much nicer in its full 4k glory, I promise :D

SS_04-19-2014_22-10-31.png

If you're interested it's the view from the surface of a star in the Andromeda galaxy, and as a bonus, if you look in the right place you can see the Milky Way :)

Hi,

I am new to modding and am trying to write a config file to allow me to replace textures, mainly the _normal.mbm and _diff.mbm, of a stock part with a custom texture. I currently use TextureReplacer and understand that by placing them inside the folder will use them over the stock. What I am trying to do is have a folder dedicated to my textures so I can keep them from being overridden when an update occurs or if I need to reinstall TR. This is the cfg I have put together atm. ( I am also asking in ModuleManager forum but since TR already does what I am trying to do I figured I'd get more luck here. )

Be kind, my coding skills are ... lacking at best.

@PART[engineLargeSkipper]
{
!mesh
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Engine/engineLargeSkipper/model.mu
scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
texture = SquadRetexture/Engine/engineLargeSkipper/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_diff.mbm
texture = SquadRetexture/Engine/engineLargeSkipper/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_normal.mbm
}
}

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

First of all: Love the mod, and all the texture packs the community has made, everything looks amazing all thanks to a number of very talented people!

Second of all: I'm having an issue with Kerbal-specific suits, no matter the suit, they all look very off-shaded and don't look good.

I got 2 pictures, both times with me facing directly towards the sun.

UdyvQlU.png

JBpwhG4.png

If it helps, I'm using the KSPRC mod [You know, the renethingy compilation one].

And as I said, it's only for kerbal-specific EVA suits. They look fine in IVA, and if I put them in the default folder, they look fine, the problem comes when I make them kerbal specific.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

you have the correct normal map for the suit? add the correct one for my suit into the specific suit folder. A complete guide is written in my read me file as to which suit has what.

Edited by Green Skull

you have the correct normal map for the suit? add the correct one for my suit into the specific suit folder. A complete guide is written in my read me file as to which suit has what.

Yes, I read the whole thing.

[Thanks, by the way, it was quite helpful for other things.]

Even putting the correct normal maps and textures doesn't do anything, it still has the odd look.

It's down to the ATM config that comes with the pack then

open the ATM config for texture replacer - in boulder co folder

find this part and change...

TextureReplacer/Suits/.*

{

compress = true

mipmaps = true

scale = 1

max_size = 0

make_not_readable = true

compress_normals = false

mipmaps_normals = false

scale_normals = 2 ------------------ change to 1

max_size_normals = 0

Edited by Green Skull

It's down to the ATM config that comes with the pack then

open the ATM config for texture replacer - in boulder co folder

find this part and change...

TextureReplacer/Suits/.*

{

compress = true

mipmaps = true

scale = 1

max_size = 0

make_not_readable = true

compress_normals = false

mipmaps_normals = false

scale_normals = 2 ------------------ change to 1

max_size_normals = 0

Although that specific change didn't work, disabling the texture replacer module for ATM did!

Thank you very much! Without your help, I probably wouldn't have found any fix.

By the way, I love your suits, and look forward to your future projects.

I'm trying to give Jeb sunglasses by using the no eye feature. I have one bug though. When I launch he has eyes but the eyes don't go away until I EVA then it's normal. Is there a way to make the eyes never show on the certain head or did I miss something?

You're doing everything right. It's a bug. Thanks for reporting.