BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

You simply have to rename the texture images and move them TR's "Default" folder. There's a read me file that tells you what every planet (and other textures, plus their normal maps) should be named for them to work. I'll put the planets and moons in a code tag below.

Default/moho00 // Moho
Default/Eve2_00 // Eve
Default/evemoon100 // Gilly
Default/KerbinScaledSpace300 // Kerbin
Default/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse // Mün
Default/NewMunSurfaceMap00 // Minmus
Default/Duna5_00 // Duna
Default/desertplanetmoon00 // Ike
Default/dwarfplanet100 // Dres
Default/gas1_clouds // Jool
Default/newoceanmoon00 // Laythe
Default/gp1icemoon00 // Vall
Default/rockyMoon00 // Tylo
Default/gp1minormoon100 // Bop
Default/gp1minormoon200 // Pol
Default/snowydwarfplanet00 // Eeloo

Personally I prefer Hammer's texture. ;)

My stars can twinkle now after some major compression. You can download them from green skull. Here: Randomized Potato Linker MkV

How can I make it so that I only replace the skybox (Oinker's skybox) and textures for kerbin (Endraxiel's planet textures) ? My computer is not able to start the game up when using texturereplacer, Endraxiel's planet textures and Oinker's skybox together (runs out of memory...)

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

How can I make it so that I only replace the skybox (Oinker's skybox) and textures for kerbin (Endraxiel's planet textures) ? My computer is not able to start the game up when using texturereplacer, Endraxiel's planet textures and Oinker's skybox together (runs out of memory...)

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

Delete all the planet textures except the kerbin one :)

Delete all the planet textures except the kerbin one :)

Thank you :) One more question: When using the skybox i mentiond, do I just place them in "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\EnvMap" and remove any other files that is in the folder?

Thank you :) One more question: When using the skybox i mentiond, do I just place them in "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\EnvMap" and remove any other files that is in the folder?

No you place the skybox in the default folder. The EnvMap folder is for visor reflections.

No you place the skybox in the default folder. The EnvMap folder is for visor reflections.

I had no idea, so that's why I my helmet was reflecting the milky way but my skybox was the andromeda. Do I just copy my skybox from the default folder to the Envmap? PS: I am working on some new galaxies, including The Large Magellanic Cloud.

I had no idea, so that's why I my helmet was reflecting the milky way but my skybox was the andromeda. Do I just copy my skybox from the default folder to the Envmap? PS: I am working on some new galaxies, including The Large Magellanic Cloud.

That might work. You will also maybe have to resize them to about 128x128 like the default EnvMaps.

Thank you again, and sorry for my dumb questions :)

Now I need a new and better sun glare effect. I have seen it being done with the Universe Replacer. Anyone have something for me? :)

What are you using for the sun & sun flare? Looks a bit different than normal.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0/page164

I can't find the instructions right now, but you should be able to google and find them. They're somewhere there, I just can't find it.

Edit: Here you go: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer?p=577857&viewfull=1#post577857

Ignore the part about putting in his sun flare, unless you want his instead of the one I linked you. If you can't get it to work, let me know, I know how to do it.

Edited by Dusty926

That might work. You will also maybe have to resize them to about 128x128 like the default EnvMaps.

That's what I did for the skybox in my pack (well, they're 256x256 actually), but I also brightened the images a bit for more apparent reflectivity. It worked out fairly okay, but I can't tell if they're working "as intended".

Sorry for neco'ing this issue, but I did some testing and it looks like the original texture is not unloaded. I'd planned to use TextureReplacer as part of a scheme to eliminate duplicate textures -- replace the texture with a small png, reapply to the affected parts using model nodes. As a test I manually replaced a part's texture with an 8k 32-bit png and then used TextureReplacer to substitute a 4px png. The texture was replaced but KSP kept the original 8k texture in memory.

Logs -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/4329h9hp60pq64i/somnambulist-TRunloadtexture.zip

I will investigate it a little further ho that unloading works. As NathanKell said, GC pass may be required. However, all textures will still be loaded at the beginning of the main menu, before the replacement is done, so even using GC wouldn't lower peak memory usage much.

I'm a bit puzzled by this, and why it needs to be constantly running while you play the game, and potentially impact performance.

How does this work? Does it actively fudge texture calls within the game whenever the code makes them? Are the textures packed and encrypted so that replacement can't be done outside the game, without the necessity to have anything extra running when you play?

I'm a bit puzzled by this, and why it needs to be constantly running while you play the game, and potentially impact performance.

How does this work? Does it actively fudge texture calls within the game whenever the code makes them? Are the textures packed and encrypted so that replacement can't be done outside the game, without the necessity to have anything extra running when you play?

Some textures from KSP_Data/*.assets are not loaded when KSP loads but later or KSP resets them back to stock, so replacement has to be done on each scene switch. Only a little bit of code is running constantly, which has no impact on performance. A different thing are personalised Kerbal textures. Here, the same texture has to be replaced differently on each Kerbal. TR binds to KSP event system and that replacement is triggered only when you switch vessels, a new vessel is created or loaded into the scene, or when a vessel changes (docking).

I'm new here :). I'm assuming that previously ActiveTextureManagement was called TextureCompressor? If so then I think you should change your TextureCompressor detection or add an additional argument to detect ActiveTextureManagement?

Loader.cs line 117:

// Prevent conflicts with TextureCompressor. If it is found among loaded plugins, texture
// compression step will be skipped since TextureCompressor should handle it (better).
bool isTextureCompressorDetected =
AssemblyLoader.loadedAssemblies.Any(a => a.name.StartsWith("TextureCompressor"));

By default I think your settings are set to auto or always but should turn off if TextureCompressor or ActiveTextureManagement is detected. Now it seems that both ActiveTextureManagement and TextureReplacer will perform texture compression etc. Sorry if this is irrelevant at this point, I'm just new here and am figuring out this wonderful new world of mods :)