BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

RasterProp: Every screen becomes plain texture, shows nothing on screen. No buttons work.

That sounds more like an Active Texture Management bug I vaguely recall. Do you have it installed, and if so, which version? The "aggressive" version can do a real number on RPM.

Sorry for late reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any abnormalities in the log file. I'll attach it anyway.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/711793/KSP.log

And... here's how the LAZOR looks like after installing 1.5.0 version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/711793/ksp_oops1.jpg

It was working fine with 1.4.X.

Add "^Romfarer/textures" and "/MFD/" to "keepReadable" list in "@Default.cfg":

keepReadable = /RPM/ /MFD/ ^JSI/ ^BoulderCo/Clouds/ ^WarpPlugin/ ^Romfarer/textures

I think that should fix your issues.

I'm using 3.1(active texture) aggressive one. But it works without problem without Active Texture 1.5. I can use everything fine with Active Texture 1.4.X version.

That sounds more like an Active Texture Management bug I vaguely recall. Do you have it installed, and if so, which version? The "aggressive" version can do a real number on RPM.

I think the problem is texture unloading from RAM that's been added in TR 1.5 and is also performed by ATM. RPM and some other plug-ins access texture data, so certain textures must remain loaded in RAM, which can be achieved by adding appropriate path RE to "keepReadable" list in TR configuration or by adding "keep_readable = true" to ATM configuration. ATM already contains such settings in its default configuration for JSI RPM, EVE and KSPI, but not for Hyomoto's MFDs or Lazor. TR has identical default settings.

Add "^Romfarer/textures" and "/MFD/" to "keepReadable" list in "@Default.cfg":

keepReadable = /RPM/ /MFD/ ^JSI/ ^BoulderCo/Clouds/ ^WarpPlugin/ ^Romfarer/textures

I think that should fix your issues.

It worked perfectly!! Thanks!!

Hey guys, is there a way to add a custom jetpack or helmet or visor? all the readmes only covers suit into the suit folder and most of them says drop the files in the default folder, but i know default is for all the kerbals and i just want one full suit for just one guy, where do i drop the stuff thats not specifically "suit" or "head" to make them "unique"?

You still put it into suits directory. Then add to CustomKerbals section:

CustomKerbals
{
Somebody Kerman = DEFAULT Mysuit
}

where "Somebody Kerman" is name of your "special" Kerbal you want to give suit to and "Mysuit" is your suit directory name.

Add this suit to excludedSuits list too:

GenericKerbals
{
excludedSuits = Mysuit
}

to prevent it from being assigned to other Kebals.

Edited by shaw

You still put it into suits directory. Then add to CustomKerbals section:

CustomKerbals
{
Somebody Kerman = DEFAULT Mysuit
}

where "Somebody Kerman" is name of your "special" Kerbal you want to give suit to and "Mysuit" is your suit directory name.

Add this suit to excludedSuits list too:

GenericKerbals
{
excludedSuits = Mysuit
}

to prevent it from being assigned to other Kebals.

So you basically "make" the whole set adding piece by piece into the "Mysuit" folder and then asign the folder to the kerbal? gotcha now :) thanks!

Another thing i found out, theres an option to allow kerbs in EVA to spawn in IVA suit if the atmosphere allows it, the problem is, this also removes the jetpack, but its still usable (you can click R, going into jetpack position, and hop around with it, but no sound will come out, but the monoprop will still decrease as you hop), is there a way to spawn in iva suit and no helmet but with the jetpack?

Edited by tuku473
typos

I haven't tested it, but I see one obvious mistake: "excludedSuits = ..." etc. must be all in one line! If you put something on a new line Unity treats it as a separate key/value entry. In that case it means everything that's not in the same line as excludedSuits (or excludedHeads) is ignored.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been down with an ear infection, so I haven't really been able to get on the computer much. Fixing the syntax in the excluded suits seems to have helped with that part. I'll see if it fixed the rest of the issues next.

So you basically "make" the whole set adding piece by piece into the "Mysuit" folder and then asign the folder to the kerbal? gotcha now :) thanks!

Another thing i found out, theres an option to allow kerbs in EVA to spawn in IVA suit if the atmosphere allows it, the problem is, this also removes the jetpack, but its still usable (you can click R, going into jetpack position, and hop around with it, but no sound will come out, but the monoprop will still decrease as you hop), is there a way to spawn in iva suit and no helmet but with the jetpack?

No. At first, only helmet was hidden but people preferred hiding jetpack as well. I also like it better that way now. Anyway, jetpack is unusable on Kerbin and Laythe, so there's no good reason why anyone would use it and hence be bothered by this "bug".

No. At first, only helmet was hidden but people preferred hiding jetpack as well. I also like it better that way now. Anyway, jetpack is unusable on Kerbin and Laythe, so there's no good reason why anyone would use it and hence be bothered by this "bug".

oh well :( i wish u added a hideJetpack true/false while the isAtmSuitEnabled is true, anyways the mod is great and i already personalized my 22 kerbatronauts thanks to you and the heads and suits mods :)

ok, so I checked, Cabin suits is still not working.

CabinSuits
{
// Cabin-specific suits. These are enforced even if a Kerbal has a custom suit.
// Entries look like this:
//
// internal name from the cockpit or pod config file = suit directory
//
// e.g. for the standard mk1 squad pod take the name of the internal space
//
// mk1PodCockpit = KSP_Orange_Suit
//
// Format:
//
// Part internal name SPACE = SPACE Suit directory

internalkso = KSO_Phase_1_Suit

}

CabinSuits
{
//
//
//
//
// Format:
//

}

Do you have TABs in that line? If you look back at this thread some people just had such issues. It seems Unity has some issues with TAB characters.

Edited by shaw

Yeah, there's probably tabs, I'll check that. It's funny, when I took C++ in college, I don't remember it being so particular about whitespace.

That has nothing to do with C++.

CabinSuits
{
//
//
//
//
// Format:
//

}

You should use part name, not internal name. Replace internalkso with KSO_Cabin.

v1.5.1 released.

Just two minor fixes.

- Updated configuration which textures to keep loaded. Fixed issues with KSI MFDs and some Romfarer UI details.

- In 1.5.0 I forgot to finish time-based code for general replacement step. However, since it runs only for a fraction of a second when switching scenes, the slowdown probably wasn't even noticeable.

You should use part name, not internal name. Replace internalkso with KSO_Cabin.

ok, I'll try that. I guess I was just confused by Greenskulls original file, which used the IVA name.

Edit: It still didn't work. I made sure that I was using the right KSO cockpit, not one of the alternate named ones, and set it up on the runway, but they were still spawning in their random suits.

Any other ideas?

Edited by Capt. Hunt

@proot: i love what youve done with pimp my kerbals. the textures on jeb, bill and bob are the best ive seen. i would love it if you could make more heads, all varied personalities, females etc with the same warm green texture. what may work is your PMK skin tone with the the hair of Extension of Sylith's Kerbal heads pack.

are you interested? if not ill combine the two with shaw's and your blessing. thanks again for the fantastic mod; its exactly what i need for my film project. :)

any response?

Is there, by chance, incompatibility with the Linux version of KSP? I get crashes running this mod from the loading screen. I know Linux users are rarer but I was curious if there was any known issues with this mod. I love it though.

Is there, by chance, incompatibility with the Linux version of KSP? I get crashes running this mod from the loading screen. I know Linux users are rarer but I was curious if there was any known issues with this mod. I love it though.

What's does KSP.log say?