BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

I might just be stupid, but I've tried installing Rareden's Skybox (the modified one that works with texture replacer) and I can only get the kerbals' visor refections to work, not the actual skybox.

I have the files under:

/texturereplacer/default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX

/texturereplacer/default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY

/texturereplacer/default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ

/texturereplacer/default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX

/texturereplacer/default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY

/texturereplacer/default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ

/texturereplacer/envmap/PositiveX

/texturereplacer/envmap/PositiveY

/texturereplacer/envmap/PositiveZ

/texturereplacer/envmap/NegativeX

/texturereplacer/envmap/NegativeY

/texturereplacer/envmap/NegativeZ

This is what I see in-game:

ltZqhLQ.png

Notice how the kerbal's visor reflects Rareden's skybox, whereas the actual skybox is the stock one.

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

/texturereplacer/envmap/PositiveX

/texturereplacer/envmap/PositiveY

/texturereplacer/envmap/PositiveZ

/texturereplacer/envmap/NegativeX

/texturereplacer/envmap/NegativeY

/texturereplacer/envmap/NegativeZ

Wait, is that what I need to see visor reflections? Mine are still labelled "GalaxyTex_PositiveZ" etc.. or does the EVAvisor picture over-ride them anyway? I'm sorry, I'm so slow sometimes :(

Wait, is that what I need to see visor reflections? Mine are still labelled "GalaxyTex_PositiveZ" etc.. or does the EVAvisor picture over-ride them anyway? I'm sorry, I'm so slow sometimes :(

I think the envmap ones are the visor reflections, but I'm not sure. I mean, it's kinda 50/50, so...

Could you elaborate? I'm using the same lettering from the .zip containing the Texture Replacer version of Rareden's Skybox...

Then it's probably ok. I saw all directories in lower case and I thought you mistyped them on your disk.

Could you upload your log file?

But I meant, is that what they need to be called, without the GalaxyTex at the front of the filename? Or does the EVAvisor over-ride any reflections anyway?

No, EVAvisor does not override reflections. EVAvisor is the base visor texture, reflection is applied over it.

There's also several differences between skybox and reflection textures: skybox has some textures flipped differently, +y and -y are swapped and reflections should be have much lower resolution (for performance reasons and because you don't see them as detailed as the skybox).

Finished a set of Kerbal space suits. They're edited and customized versions of Proot's suits, using assets from jfull and O-Doc.

First set, right arm band and bottom right helmet band is colored to indicate astronaut role in the mission. Brightly colored.

Download.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Second set is the same, but with less bright colors (I use this one, because I prefer dull colors over bright ones). KASA logo on the backpack is due to the flag I had set, it's not part of the actual texture.

Download.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Pingonaut

Pigs in space!!! I suppose if they couldn't figure out how to fly, the next best thing would be to just skip atmospheric flight and go straight to space. I don't suppose they could have manufactured a helmet that would accommodate the snout though, considering it appears that they had to surgically flatten it to fit into the helmet without causing nasal cartilage fracturing during missions due to improperly shaped helmet visors.

Hey, I was trying to edit suits (from J's pack and GSI's pack) to include more colors.

The program I am using is Adobe Fireworks, and no matter what I do, when I save the new .png and have a kerbal wear it, the shinyness is gone and it looks darkened. This is especially noticed on the backs of helmets as seen here.

Any advice on how to rid myself of this annoyance?

Thanks in advance!

*Edit* Realized I needed to set the NRM's in my TextureReplacer.cfg (self made) for ATM

Edited by WololoW

Hey, I was trying to edit suits (from J's pack and GSI's pack) to include more colors.

Fixed imgur album link:

[ imgur]wFPlW[/imgur] (remove the space between the [ and the i.)

As far as your question goes, what exactly is the problem? I don't understand what's wrong with the images, you didn't really say where or what was happening.

The program I am using is Adobe Fireworks, and no matter what I do, when I save the new .png and have a kerbal wear it, the shinyness is gone and it looks darkened. This is especially noticed on the backs of helmets as seen here. http://imgur.com/a/wFPlW

Any advice on how to rid myself of this annoyance?

Thanks in advance!

Fixed imgur album link:

[ imgur]wFPlW[/imgur] (remove the space between the [ and the i.)

As far as your question goes, what exactly is the problem? I don't understand what's wrong with the images, you didn't really say where or what was happening.

Thanks for the help with the imgur album, but if you read my post you would understand what the problem is. I underlined, bolded, and italicized the relevant part (that really is my entire post...)

Found my problem, I am a noob! Oh yeah, the messup was with my ATM config =\ Stupid me.

Edited by WololoW

Would it be possible to use TextureReplacer to also replace the models of say the EVA helmet and suit? If so how far do you think you are from doing that?

Far. I've already tried to implement this but I'd need better understanding of Unity. Maybe some time in the future when I have enough (= too much) time.

Are you guys talking about the model itself rather than the texture?

hey Shaw, this is probably more model-related then texture but when kerbals no longer have EVA helmets but you want to use a light, would it be possible to have a single point light from near their hand like a flashlight?