BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

is there a way in the cfg of texture replacer for it to not take the helmets off?

In @Default you will find:

// Remove IVA helmets in safe situations (landed/splashed and in orbit).

isHelmetRemovalEnabled = true

Change it to = false

BTW if you're getting crashes, ATM 3.7 has a texture duplication bug which will end up giving you a memory leak. It's fixed, and should be updated by the time you read this.

Thank you for this. I was waiting for some confirmation that it wasn't just me.

I have a problem I can't figure out. When I use Load on Demand http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/73236-WIP-Loading-textures-only-as-required, Texture Replacer causes the game to crash after the loading screen, but before the Main menu.

I have tested this on a clean install with only these two mods.

Wasn't sure wether to post here or there, but yours is the only mod that crash with LOD.

I have even tried deleting all the texture files in the Texture Replacer subfolders. Just the plugin and configs.

I have a problem I can't figure out. When I use Load on Demand http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/73236-WIP-Loading-textures-only-as-required, Texture Replacer causes the game to crash after the loading screen, but before the Main menu.

I have tested this on a clean install with only these two mods.

Wasn't sure wether to post here or there, but yours is the only mod that crash with LOD.

I have even tried deleting all the texture files in the Texture Replacer subfolders. Just the plugin and configs.

Try disabling texture unloading, compression or mipmap generation in `@Default.cfg`.

Try disabling texture unloading, compression or mipmap generation in `@Default.cfg`.

Yes, disabling compression made the game run. Thanks!

But I also discovered that AVC starts, but doesn't check for updates, but when I also disabled mipmap generator, everything works just fine.

So, fresh install of .25 with some mods, and now Bill Kerman has a female texture? Does the default config not assign the unique faces, or did that come from KSPRC?

EDIT: Think I answered my own question. I needed the config file from KSPRC to assign the head textures to Jeb, Bob, & Bill.

Edited by Castun

Default config doesn't assign any faces since there are no faces in TR by default. And random assignment shouldn't give a female face to Bill unless you don't have `femaleHeads` configured for your texture pack.

9MglkrM.jpg

Extended Sylith's Kerbal heads pack v1.3.

Download (ZIP, 6.3 MiB).

Download source (7Zip, 15.3 MiB).

Dependencies

[thread=96729]DDSLoader[/thread]. Textures are in DDS format and KSP can't load them unless you have DDSLoader installed.

Change log

• All textures have been converted to DDS format, so the textures are already compressed, include mipmaps and are loaded directly onto graphics card. That means they load much faster than PNGs and use (almost) no RAM.
  • Added eye shadows and skin tones from Diverse Kerbal Heads pack.
  • Added configuration files for TR that define female heads and set Jeb's, Bill's and Bob's head.

Credits

Sylith (original pack)

IOI-655362 (Diverse Kerbal Heads pack)

Shaw (put everything together)

Licence

CC BY 4.0

Edited by shaw

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Pimp My Kerbals v1.1 by ProoT + Shaw's updates

UPDATED (21.10.2014): Generated mipmaps for normal maps.

Download (ZIP, 44.5 MiB).

Download non-DDS version (ZIP, 40.1 MiB).

Original pack.

Dependencies

[thread=96729]DDSLoader[/thread]. Textures are in DDS format and KSP can't load them unless you have DDSLoader installed.

Change Log

• Reorganised directory hierarcy to be up-to-date with TextureReplacer and removed some duplicated textures.
  • Re-generated normal maps as most of suits' normal maps were wrong (grayish).
  • Converted all images to DDS format.
  • Added a few new suit colours.
  • Added configuration files for TextureReplacer 1.7.x.

Credits

ProoT

Licence

CC BY-NC-SA

Edited by shaw

I could really use some help with a problem I'm having while using Active Texture Management alongside Texture Replacer.

Whenever I use ATM it refuses to allow Texture Replacer to replace textures. When I load up the game none of the textures I have set up in Texture Replacer are applied, it uses the stock textures. I've tried making a config file so that ATM ignores Texture Replacer but to no avail. This is odd because before I did a re-install I had this set up and it was working perfectly.

I'd really appreciate some help as this is getting quite frustrating.

I could really use some help with a problem I'm having while using Active Texture Management alongside Texture Replacer.

Whenever I use ATM it refuses to allow Texture Replacer to replace textures. When I load up the game none of the textures I have set up in Texture Replacer are applied, it uses the stock textures. I've tried making a config file so that ATM ignores Texture Replacer but to no avail. This is odd because before I did a re-install I had this set up and it was working perfectly.

I'd really appreciate some help as this is getting quite frustrating.

Update ATM, you are probably still using the buggy 3-6 or 3-7.

I cant seem to get raredens skybox to work? I have no idea why

Just put textures into `Default/`. If it doesn't work, look at your KSP.log, there may be some errors. As you can see in the previous posts ATM 3-7 messed up texture database and made TR crash and ATM 3-6 ignored configuration files, so updating ATM might do the trick.

is it possible to use the Visor shader on other objects? I attempted by adding the shader to my unity project and then exporting the model with it, only to get bright purple in game. no errors I could see in the logs or anything else.

is it possible to use the Visor shader on other objects? I attempted by adding the shader to my unity project and then exporting the model with it, only to get bright purple in game. no errors I could see in the logs or anything else.

It's not enough to just set the visor shader on a part, you also need to set environment map texture ("_Cube" material parameter).

Apologize if this has been asked.. I searched and couldn't find anything.

But, whenever i install this mod, or ATM, and log into the game, i can no longer click to enter the TS, SPH, or VAB. The buildings highlights like normal, but when i click on them nothing happens. I can still click and enter the science building, admin building, and recruit building, but when i get inside the exit button doesn't work...so i can't leave.

I'm running 32bit, I've tried running in openGL, running windowed, everything i could think of. If i uninstall TR the issue goes away. I experience the exact same things with ATM. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix?

im brainstorming on a possible mod i might try to make. and im wondering. is it currently possible to load 2 textures for a single item and switch back and forth on command. particularly the skybox. that way i could have my regular skybox, and a green screen skybox for video making.

a green screen sky box would be extremely easy enough. i figure its just a green skybox :). but to switch back and forth we would currently have to uninstall/reinstall and reboot every time i needed a different shot.

this would make some video effects less time consuming to make.

Something is probably crashing because of ATM or TR. Look into your log or upload it.

I don't have a crash log because the game doesn't crash. I pulled up the debug console and i get "[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" each time i click on one of the buildings in question, or the exit button. Also, i created a brand new save game just to see what would happen, and i don't have the issue with the new game. It only affects my existing saves. I've searched and searched this topic and can't find anything.