BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Hello, I'm thinking about installing this mod and I have a few questions.

All I am really interested in is a new skybox, although I will probably mess around with the other features. Should I expect decreased framerate or other problems if I am just using a new, nicer skybox, or is this mod pretty light weight?

Are the compression and unloading features similar to what ATM does, so that I would only need one or the other?

Also, is the last 0.24 version pretty stable? I am still playing a game in 0.24.2.559, and will probably not upgrade until 0.90 comes out.

Thanks!

TR doesn't have any (noticable) impact in framerate, as long as you don't use some very big textures. The difference from ATM is that TR unloads textures before the main menu, not immediately when they are loaded, and cannot rescale them. On the other hand, TR is much simpler to configure and it's not so invasive.

If you want to use TR with 0.24, you need TR 1.7.1 or earlier. The current 1.10.2 should also work if you compile it yourself.

v2.0 beta 1 for courageous.

• A new UI has been added to Space Centre (icon is missing currently).
  • Custom Kerbal heads and suits are saved for each game separately. `CustomKerbals` settings from configuration files are only used as initial settings.

What do kerbals look like with this so-called "suit-swap"? There aren't any pictures, and my potato can't really handle.. anything..

People probably refer to these two things:

1. Toggle EVA Suit on right click (in 1.10).

2. New UI in Space Centre screen (in 2.0 beta).

9MglkrM.jpg

Extended Sylith's Kerbal heads pack v1.3.1.

Download (ZIP, 6.6 MiB).

Download source (7Zip, 18.5 MiB).

Dependencies

[thread=96729]DDSLoader[/thread]. Textures are in DDS format and KSP can't load them unless you have DDSLoader installed.

Change log

• Horizontally mirrored mouth subtexture to match the stock one

Credits

Sylith (original pack)

IOI-655362 (Diverse Kerbal Heads pack)

Shaw (put everything together)

Licence

CC BY 4.0

People probably refer to these two things:

1. Toggle EVA Suit on right click (in 1.10).

2. New UI in Space Centre screen (in 2.0 beta).

I mean number one, someone else said it was a total 'suit-swap' but I don't know what they meant. What does it look like, or is it really just taking off the helmet?

WsDAw8V.jpg

v2.0 released.

• added UI for configuring per-Kerbal heads and suits to Space Centre
  • per-Kerbal head and suit assignment is saved for each game separately
  • `CustomKerbals` from config files are now used only as initial settings
  • fixed assignment of `Default/kerbalMain` veteran suit to Jeb, Bill and Bob
  • fixed atmospheric IVA suits when using stock suits
  • fixed `CustomKerbals` overriding when `headTex` or `suitDir` is missing
  • less verbose log output

So just to clarify, it's used once to load the config into the SFS and then if you want to make changes they should be done through the GUI?

Exactly. `CustomKerbals` is then written inside your SFS (only existing Kerbals, so you don't need to worry your saved games getting spammed with nonexistent/removed Kerbals).

Maybe a little bit late, but haven't seen it in thread. For 1.10 using crew transfer (stock) set the head to default. Going to EVA and returning into pod fixed the problem.

Does this still happen for 2.0 (probably since that code hasn't change between versions)? It sounds like there's some framerate-related issue (IVA textures are replaced with some lag, probably too low for your framerate) or there's a crash inside TR. Could you upload you log?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a little bit late, but haven't seen it in thread. For 1.10 using crew transfer (stock) set the head to default. Going to EVA and returning into pod fixed the problem.

Does this still happen for 2.0 (probably does since that code hasn't changed between these versions)? It sounds like there's some framerate-related issue (IVA textures are replaced with some lag, probably too low for your framerate) or there's a crash inside TR. Could you upload you log?

Exactly. `CustomKerbals` is then written inside your SFS (only existing Kerbals, so you don't need to worry your saved games getting spammed with nonexistent/removed Kerbals).

How well would it handle the fact that I remove all suit/head textures when I'm not using them? (As in, not flying any kerbed missions, or don't need to take screenshots of them in their proper appearance). I have upgraded and will report any problems, but not much playtime available for a little bit so want to ask as well.

If a head or suit is missing, it's regarded as GENERIC. So, when the game is saved, the missing heads/suits will be replaced by GENERIC (or the entire record for a Kerbal will be omitted if both the head and the suit are GENERIC).