BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Okay, everything's been rotated. +X and -X are the only two which didn't have to be rotated- I used +X as the base and -X had no connections to the rest. Note: Ingame the Andromeda core is opposite from Kerbol during launch at daytime. It's still pretty bright though...

I also had to switch everything around: +Y is now -Y, +Z is now -Z. Download forthcoming.

Edit: I give up. If someone wants to fix this for me, all power to them. But I suck at this.

Edited by Tangle

Haha, I have considered disabling old releases... was 1.10.2 linked to an older KSP release?

No. Everything from 1.7.2 on is linked againsk KSP 0.25. Maybe some don't use heads and suits and hence prefer the old TR without the GUI (although 2.0.2 provides an option to hide it). Or some web page links directly to the old download.

Here.

10chars

Thanks, Shaw!

I downloaded the suits, deleted those KSP logos and inverted them vertically and copied them back in the TextureReplacer/Suits folder. I had some problems with the NRM, but found an online tool to help me (I hope this tool help others too)...

I have some questions, though:

1. what settings should I use on NormalMap-Online to get the same result of Squad normal maps?

2. what does "10chars" mean? :wink:

3. where did you get the orange suit your avatar uses?

Thanks, Shaw!

I downloaded the suits, deleted those KSP logos and inverted them vertically and copied them back in the TextureReplacer/Suits folder. I had some problems with the NRM, but found an online tool to help me (I hope this tool help others too)...

I have some questions, though:

1. what settings should I use on NormalMap-Online to get the same result of Squad normal maps?

2. what does "10chars" mean? :wink:

3. where did you get the orange suit your avatar uses?

1. If you use PNG images, then the defaults should do. If you want DDS format and you use Gimp + gimp-normalmap plugin, you need to export them as DXT5nm + mipmaps (a little worse quality) or copy channels R - > A, G -> R, G -> B and export as DXT5 + mipmaps (a little better quality).

2. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=10char

3. Centaurus corp. suit (it's in Universe Replacer format and without normal maps).

1. If you use PNG images, then the defaults should do. If you want DDS format and you use Gimp + gimp-normalmap plugin, you need to export them as DXT5nm + mipmaps (a little worse quality) or copy channels R - > A, G -> R, G -> B and export as DXT5 + mipmaps (a little better quality).

2. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=10char

3. Centaurus corp. suit (it's in Universe Replacer format and without normal maps).

10thanks! :wink:

is texture replacer backwards compatible? i think ill have to stick with 0.24 for the rest of 2015 just to finish my fanfilm and custom suits is the last piece of the puzzle. thanks for the free content i really appreciate it.

No, to update Kerbals on stock crew transfers, TR hooks on a new event added in KSP 0.25. You must use TR 1.7.1 on KSP 0.24, newer version will crash.

Hey shaw, I noticed that any textures that replace the space EVA suit screw up the lighting and have very obvious color divides (example: suit torso will be in full brightness, suit arm will be in full darkness with a sharp line between it and the suit). Any idea how to fix this? I'm not using any other mods that change textures. However, I am running KSP in OpenGL mode if that changes anything.

Hey shaw, I noticed that any textures that replace the space EVA suit screw up the lighting and have very obvious color divides (example: suit torso will be in full brightness, suit arm will be in full darkness with a sharp line between it and the suit). Any idea how to fix this? I'm not using any other mods that change textures. However, I am running KSP in OpenGL mode if that changes anything.

ATM before version 4-0 doesn't load some normal maps correctly. Update to the latest version.

So does everyone else. .90 is only a few hours old. Please give our beloved mod-authors time to update their creations :)

i tested and texture replacer works for me

Edit well somewhat, it seems that it would screw with some of the par textures but otherwise it works fine

v2.1 released.

• several new options in GUI, you can also configure experience-based suits, helmet removal etc.
  • experience-based suits (pilot, engineer, scientist) now work with stock experience system, KerbalStats support removed
  • cabin-specific IVA suits are now kept on EVA walks until embarking another capsule

v2.1 released.

• several new options in GUI, you can also configure experience-based suits, helmet removal etc.
  • experience-based suits (pilot, engineer, scientist) now work with stock experience system, KerbalStats support removed
  • cabin-specific IVA suits are now kept on EVA walks until embarking another capsule

Shaw... I was to ask about the experience-based suits as possibility, but you got it now. You are amazing. O_o

Will be possible to have the double visor reflection some day? I mean, one for grounded situations and the one that we have now.

I recently switched over from Paint.net to Photoshop and to make normal maps for suits in Paint.net I just added a plugin. How do I do this with photoshop?

I've used various plugins along the time... but must say that the nvidia normal map plugin is easy, free and quite accurate. It's in the nvidia web.

I've used various plugins along the time... but must say that the nvidia normal map plugin is easy, free and quite accurate. It's in the nvidia web.

I tried to get it but when I click download it says the page doesn't exist. This was my first choice.