BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Doing that would be illegal, violation of Squad's copyrights. I know Squad doesn't care much about that as several mods violate their IP (some of them even featured on the main page), but still. I'm afraid you'll have to commit that "crime" yourself.

OUCH! I was about to send him the textures I've extracted to use on my installation when I saw your warning. Thanks (and sorry, pal)!

Here crasher i'll do my best to throw one together real quick, you want red with the terran empire logo?

yes the Terran empire from star trek specifically in a mirror darkly here the logo im referring to thank you for doing this i really appreciate it

c8b7ba9ffbdcd12ea23060752d5fb0b6.jpg except the "earth" is kerbal

Is it tomorrow yet?

I haven't had time today. "Tomorrow" will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

UPDATE: Actually, I realised it's already fixed, however, reflections on Ven's parts still don't work. They can't because there's no appropriate shaders in KSP (reflective + emissive).

Edited by shaw

I haven't had time today. "Tomorrow" will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

UPDATE: Actually, I realised it's already fixed, however, reflections on Ven's parts still don't work. They can't because there's no appropriate shaders in KSP (reflective + emissive).

So, is it now either lights or reflections? And what about the "fuel tank" on his 909? That should have worked,it doesn't have an emissive to my knowledge.

Ah, tomorrow. Perpetually a day away.

TextureReplacer-2.1.91.zip

Skybox now renders, there is reflectionType setting in the GUI (the value from config file is only used as initial settin for new games) and TRReflection issue is solved.

However, windows on Ven's parts are still without reflections because they are not even possible. The windows use emission shaders and there is no reflective counterparts to these in KSP/Unity. I could map those shaders to non-emission reflective ones though, but that would disable window lights.

Edited by shaw

Doing that would be illegal, violation of Squad's copyrights. I know Squad doesn't care much about that as several mods violate their IP (some of them even featured on the main page), but still. I'm afraid you'll have to commit that "crime" yourself.

Wot. Dangit. Did not realize this. How would I be able to get the textures to modify them?

Edited by GregroxMun

yes the Terran empire from star trek specifically in a mirror darkly here the logo im referring to thank you for doing this i really appreciate it

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/c8b7ba9ffbdcd12ea23060752d5fb0b6.jpg except the "earth" is kerbal

You know, the fact that they're using the EVA suits on the moon that are identical to the ones used on the starships of the 2200s is actually a reference to the fact that man never landed on the moon until the 2200s in the mirror universe.

Skybox now renders, there is reflectionType setting in the GUI (the value from config file is only used as initial settin for new games) and TRReflection issue is solved.

However, windows on Ven's parts are still without reflections because they are not even possible. The windows use emission shaders and there is no reflective counterparts to these in KSP/Unity. I could map those shaders to non-emission reflective ones though, but that would disable window lights.

I'd rather have reflections on Ven's parts than lights on them. :) What if Ven added a texture to the front of the windows which was reflective and transparent, and the emmissive behind it was light-up?

Or, at the very least, do the reflections on parts work at all? Like, the solar panels? Or are they purple or something?

Edited by GregroxMun

I've just tried this version and the effect is FANTASTIC! Congrats!

I have some doubts, though:

1. whats the impact on CPU/GPU, compared with EnvMaps?

2. how do I disable it, if it's too processing heavy?

EDIT: Nevermind the second question, just found it...

Edited by jlcarneiro
Correction

It's highly possible that I'm being stupid.. but how do I enable reflections on the kerbals EVA visor? Vens reflections not working I can deal with, but what files do I need to have/not have and what settings should be true in order to get reflections? Like I said, I could just be having a brain fart..

You can enable them in the GUI. If they still don't work something probably crashed. Please check your log in that case and upload your KSP.log or post the lines where TR reports something suspicious.

I've just tried this version and the effect is FANTASTIC! Congrats!

I have some doubts, though:

1. whats the impact on CPU/GPU, compared with EnvMaps?

2. how do I disable it, if it's too processing heavy?

1. Certainly much greater since the scene has to be rendered, but I guess it's not something you should worry about, my KSP at least doesn't feel any slower. Somebody should make some benchmarks.

2. In the GUI.

You can enable them in the GUI. If they still don't work something probably crashed. Please check your log in that case and upload your KSP.log or post the lines where TR reports something suspicious.
Javascript is disabled. View full album

This is how things are at the minute. EnvMap is empty and the black visor is something I made myself and is called EVAvisor.jpg. I see nothing suspicious from TR in the logs, just the usual 'I'm loaded' and RPM telling me it's loaded.

Thank you for your patience and help :)

What's it do, how do I use it?

(Google for the link.) It can open `KSP_Data/*.assets` files and access textures, shaders, sounds etc. within. And, of course, that's reverse engineering, hence violation of Squad's IP :)

It would appear that 0.90.0 and Texture Replacer do not like each other! The skybox doesn't load and KSPRC is simply not working!

my kerbal's still have there helmets + jetpacks on while standing on kerbin. the @default.cfg has it set to true so it should be taken off. i think it has something to do with the particular custom suit im using because other suits have taken their helmets off fine. eventually i want to learn how to make my own suits and faces but im very confused by the file structure of this mod :( and i say that because there are default suits/faces then there are folders for suits/faces. very confused. hopefully some samaritan can help and i will give rep points! :kiss:

not sure how to tell what version of TR im using but im still on 0.24 ksp so i know i havent updated past that. maybe im using a version prior to the 0.24 release of TR; i dont know.

Edited by praise the suuun