BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

That sandy kerbin is because of texture replace, how do I fix this?

Maybe it unloads some EVE textures it shouldn't (have you deleted some settings from @Default.cfg?). Try disabling texture unloading or try to find directory in GameData/ that must be kept readable.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I didn't think of that. I take it letter case matters? I'll have to check when I get home.

In the mean time, possibly related to my issue, I did notice that in-game when choosing a texture set there are 4 textures. It looks like a suit, the jetpack and two helmets, the new one and the stock one. Is that normal?

IVA and EVA helmet.

Hey guys! Greenbow66 here. I was looking for a green suit for Greenbow Kerman, but I couldn't find one(Until recently, I found Greenskull -_-). So I made my own. After Minutes upon minutes of photoshop, This is the result, and I'm quite Proud of it!

Download if you want!

Edited by greenbow66
Found answer

Hey guys! Greenbow66 here. I was looking for a green suit for Greenbow Kerman, but I couldn't find one(Until recently, I found Greenskull -_-). So I made my own. After Minutes upon minutes of photoshop, This is the result, and I'm quite Proud of it!

Download if you want!

Can't see much just showing the back. Looks the like a different color J's suit texture to me.

Maybe it unloads some EVE textures it shouldn't (have you deleted some settings from @Default.cfg?). Try disabling texture unloading or try to find directory in GameData/ that must be kept readable.

- - - Updated - - -

IVA and EVA helmet.

Gah I'm stumped then. Here is a picture of my Texture Replacer folder where I put the suit textures.

Gj66GZul.png

Can't see much just showing the back. Looks the like a different color J's suit texture to me.

There are other photo's in the album. Right above the picture are numbers that link to the others ;)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Stock-alike EVA Suits

Download - 13.07MB

This texture pack for TextureReplacer plugin provides 6 color variations (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Grey) on the stock EVA suit, helmet and jetpack, while adding small stripes to the arms. The rest of the suits are unchanged from stock. Choose the colors you want to represent your Pilots, Engineers, and Scientists!

-Replaces the default suit to grey (you'll see it on the main menu). The idea is the grey suited kerbals are unassigned, maybe new recruits.

-You can delete
EVAhelmet.png, EVAjetpack.png, and EVAtexture.png
from GameData\TextureReplacer\Default if you don't want grey as a default.

-You can delete the entire folders for the colors you don't want from GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits to save some memory.

Installation instructions in the .rar; it's the usual drag-into-main-folder deal.

This is my first contribution to the KSP community. I hope you guys like it; it's nice to be able to give something back for all the great mods here.

:confused:

Enjoy!

First thing first. This mod rocks. Ty shaw! The real reflections are so cool.

I have a question.

When the game loads does ot load both stock skybox and replacment? If so does this use more ram? If that is so how can I just go into the stock files and replace ot permanently to save ram. Every little bit helps! I have one suit, helmet jetpack, and skybox I want to use.

I will still use ur mod for reflections and visor.

First thing first. This mod rocks. Ty shaw! The real reflections are so cool.

I have a question.

When the game loads does ot load both stock skybox and replacment? If so does this use more ram? If that is so how can I just go into the stock files and replace ot permanently to save ram. Every little bit helps! I have one suit, helmet jetpack, and skybox I want to use.

I will still use ur mod for reflections and visor.

Stock textures are usually only loaded on graphics card, not in RAM and are (hopefully) unloaded when replaced by textures from `Default/`. You can replace them permanently by replacing them in `KSP_Data/*.assets` files. You will need Asset Explorer or some similar program for that.

Stock textures are usually only loaded on graphics card, not in RAM and are (hopefully) unloaded when replaced by textures from `Default/`. You can replace them permanently by replacing them in `KSP_Data/*.assets` files. You will need Asset Explorer or some similar program for that.

K. Ty for the rapid response.

Infinite Kerbals?

http://0div0.org/images/ksp/20150102_ksp0207_kerbalception.jpg

Duuuuuuuuuuuude.

No, really, you've made me very, very happy. :) Works like a charm so far. Keep it up.

How do you achieve that look? My guys have permanent stars reflected in their helmets, even when on EVA on Kerbin in the daytime.

vMEw3m9.jpg

Edit: Deleting the files out of EnvMap seems to have made the visors stock again, but still no reflections.

@Default has:

isVisorReflectionEnabled = true
visorReflectionColour = 1 1 1

Edited by klesh

How do you achieve that look? My guys have permanent stars reflected in their helmets, even when on EVA on Kerbin in the daytime.

There's a Beta release posted on the first page of this thread. There are some new entries in the config of that release that you might need to copy over. (I should also admit I'm using a version I compiled from shaw's github dev, so YMMV.) You will also need to bump the reflection minimum up from the default setting (something low like 8 or 16, IIRC?).

There's a Beta release posted on the first page of this thread. There are some new entries in the config of that release that you might need to copy over. (I should also admit I'm using a version I compiled from shaw's github dev, so YMMV.) You will also need to bump the reflection minimum up from the default setting (something low like 8 or 16, IIRC?).

Ahh, yes I see now, ty. Indeed, 4 was chugging away, 16 is much better in a scene with lots of Kerbals.

Resolution is 64, I'm going to try bumping up to 128. I love it so far though!!!!

DrGG4w7.jpg

Edit: So I found that the above scene is not indicative of a normal EVA situation. I ended up using 2 for refresh rate and 512 for a resolution. Looks really sharp and updates pretty fast.

Edit #2: Okay, after a little tinkering, I realized these reflections are, in fact, amazing.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by klesh

How does the "Generic suit: Random/Consecutive/Experience" selector work?

Is it possible to have 18 different suits automatically assigned based on both experience and role?

I got this issue, I don't know if it has something to do with this mod?

http://s18.postimg.org/fkcv7o7mh/2014_12_31_00001.jpg

And happy new year everyone!

Exact same problem here, plus it would totally crash my whole system (hard reset needed) so I've removed EVE completely, but all in vain. The problems were gone when I've removed Texture Replacer.

Exact same problem here, plus it would totally crash my whole system (hard reset needed) so I've removed EVE completely, but all in vain. The problems were gone when I've removed Texture Replacer.

Upload your log from the launch where this happens.

- - - Updated - - -

How does the "Generic suit: Random/Consecutive/Experience" selector work?

Is it possible to have 18 different suits automatically assigned based on both experience and role?

Yes, in TR 2.2 beta suits can have level-specific body and helmet textures.

Upload your log from the launch where this happens.

- - - Updated - - -

It would happen at the end of the large mission I've terminated, couple of kilometres above ground, before the capsule lands down. Total system freezing. There was never an error log, IMHO because the system crashed so badly it couldn't even write it. I had to shut down the computer by pressing the power button.

Since then I've did a total reinstallation of KSP and updated every mod I use, so if it happens again, I'll check if Texture Replacer is responsible for it.

http://imgur.com/a/SHqhC

Stock-alike EVA Suits

Download - 13.07MB

This texture pack for TextureReplacer plugin provides 6 color variations (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Grey) on the stock EVA suit, helmet and jetpack, while adding small stripes to the arms. The rest of the suits are unchanged from stock. Choose the colors you want to represent your Pilots, Engineers, and Scientists!

-Replaces the default suit to grey (you'll see it on the main menu). The idea is the grey suited kerbals are unassigned, maybe new recruits.

-You can delete
EVAhelmet.png, EVAjetpack.png, and EVAtexture.png
from GameData\TextureReplacer\Default if you don't want grey as a default.

-You can delete the entire folders for the colors you don't want from GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits to save some memory.

Installation instructions in the .rar; it's the usual drag-into-main-folder deal.

This is my first contribution to the KSP community. I hope you guys like it; it's nice to be able to give something back for all the great mods here.

:confused:

Enjoy!

Consider this:

Yes, in TR 2.2 beta suits can have level-specific body and helmet textures.

Could you make a pack with 5 different suits for each color to indicate experience level.

Ideas:

One arm-stripe for each star, but a star if 5.

or

Stars centered on the back of the helmet.

or

Leaving the wide top-of-the-head stripes gray, but adding colored lines for each star, with 5 being completely colored:

olqeMCF.png

Edited by NBZ
One more idea

It would happen at the end of the large mission I've terminated, couple of kilometres above ground, before the capsule lands down. Total system freezing. There was never an error log, IMHO because the system crashed so badly it couldn't even write it. I had to shut down the computer by pressing the power button.

Since then I've did a total reinstallation of KSP and updated every mod I use, so if it happens again, I'll check if Texture Replacer is responsible for it.

But there IS an output_log.txt inside your KSP_data folder. Reproduce the lockup, then upload that file here so that Shaw can look at it :)

Consider this:

Could you make a pack with 5 different suits for each color to indicate experience level.

Ideas:

One arm-stripe for each star, but a star if 5.

or

Stars centered on the back of the helmet.

or

Leaving the wide top-of-the-head stripes gray, but adding colored lines for each star, with 5 being completely colored:

http://i.imgur.com/olqeMCF.png

Ahh, I see what you're after here. I haven't fiddled much with the experience part in TR yet, but I like where you're going with the idea.

Those are all 3 good concepts for experience.

I like stripes more than stars, but 4 stripes could either take up alot of room on the arm, or be made of such small stripes you wouldn't be able to tell. Back of the helmet is interesting, would work because the player sees the back of the Kerbal head all the time, but wouldn't make sense for the Kerbals themselves to have ranks on their backs. Working with the stripes on the helmets could work, there are the top and side bits there.

Anyone else have any ideas too?

Anyone else have any ideas too?

You can borrow some ranks from army or police and make it kerbal like.Sleeve is large enough to add ranks,since helmet is getting removed on breathable planets.You don't need to see it from space!

TIWZ8oY.jpg?1

and some ranks:

RKAW0OE.jpg?1