BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

I've been searching and found no answer but figured this would be the place to check. Does anyone know if you can swap out helmets at all? I've been trying out how to import the attached helmet into the game.

http://i.imgur.com/bEKtUDu.jpg

Yup, sure can. From the readme in the zip file:

General replacement texture is of the form

GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/[<subDir>]/<internalName>

where `<internalName>` is the texture's internal name in KSP (plus .png/.jpg/

.tga/.mbm extension, of course). The subdirectory is optional.

Examples:

GameData/TextureReplacer/

Default/kerbalHead // Default Kerbal head

Default/kerbalMain // Default IVA suit (veteran/orange)

Default/kerbalMainGrey // Default IVA suit (standard/grey)

Default/kerbalMainNRM // Default IVA suit normal map

Default/kerbalHelmetGrey // Default IVA helmet

Default/kerbalHelmetNRM // Default IVA & EVA helmet normal map

Default/kerbalVisor // Default IVA helmet visor

Default/EVAtexture // Default EVA suit

Default/EVAtextureNRM // Default EVA suit normal map

Default/EVAhelmet // Default EVA helmet

Default/EVAvisor // Default EVA helmet visor

Default/EVAjetpack // Default EVA jetpack

Default/EVAjetpackNRM // Default EVA jetpack normal map

That's an awesome helmet, BTW. :D

Hey guys, could some of you help me raplce the xenon container texture, whever I try to edit it, it all goes black, despite having a trasparent background. And some textures are not even present, where are they come from.

It seems to me you are rathers knowledgeable on this.

Please check out this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68174-ION-engine-modification?p=943553#post943553

I've been searching and found no answer but figured this would be the place to check. Does anyone know if you can swap out helmets at all? I've been trying out how to import the attached helmet into the game.

http://i.imgur.com/bEKtUDu.jpg

Helmets cannot be replaced. TR as the name tells replaces textures only, not models and individual meshes.

Request: Can "sun_flare" texture be added?

Tnks

This texture cannot be replaced, at least not by using the standard method.

EDIT: Just tried to add a workaround for `sun_flare` to TR. Unfortunately, Unity doesn't allow changing it from a plugin, so the only way that remains is to replace it in the assets.

Edited by shaw

How do I turn off the mipmapping feature? It interpolates the differing textures together, and I'd like to see if I like the sudden change of high to low planet detail vs. the interpolated versions. Thanks! :)

You mean generating missing mipmaps for PNGs and JPEGs? You disable it in `GameData/TextureReplacer/PluginData/TextureReplacer/Config.cfg`. Or you mean you want to use bilinear filter instead of trilinear? The latter cannot be turned off in TR (unless you delete TR).

I've been using UniverseReplacer as of today and found it really easy to install the textures and it looks and works great. What benefits are there to using TextureReplacer?

I'm also finding it confusing to work out where to put the texture files I have already.

Am I right in thinking the textures for Kerbin need to be in the following directory -

GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/KerbinScaledSpace300

GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/KerbinScaledSpace401

I am using a 4k texture pack at the minute that doesn't seem to have a normal map which I assume goes in the 401 directory.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

I've been using UniverseReplacer as of today and found it really easy to install the textures and it looks and works great. What benefits are there to using TextureReplacer?

Better framerate and more features (trilinear filter, texture compression, mipmap generation, personalised textures ...).

I'm also finding it confusing to work out where to put the texture files I have already.

Am I right in thinking the textures for Kerbin need to be in the following directory -

GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/KerbinScaledSpace300

GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/KerbinScaledSpace401

I am using a 4k texture pack at the minute that doesn't seem to have a normal map which I assume goes in the 401 directory.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

That's right.

Can someone suggest a good looking texture for the galaxy? Maybe with realistic small stars without visible large neighbouring galaxies or nebulae? Maybe even our own real stars?

One of my favorites is this one but it's more of an enhanced vanilla look rather than realistic. (Also, I believe the names of the files would need to be changed for TR.) I think it'd be cool if someone could somehow stitch a skybox of the stars we see in our own night sky. Even being able to pinpoint constellations and such.

One of my favorites is this one but it's more of an enhanced vanilla look rather than realistic. (Also, I believe the names of the files would need to be changed for TR.) I think it'd be cool if someone could somehow stitch a skybox of the stars we see in our own night sky. Even being able to pinpoint constellations and such.

That would be incredible.

Hmm... As/of 0.21 my Galaxy Textures stopped working and only show a black background. The files themselves haven't changed, and worked as recently as 0.20.1. Did anything change internally regarding them? (Though I just noticed that one is half the size of the other five... weird.)

Nothing in the logs about them failing to load (quite the opposite, as they seemed to load ok), and it happens both with and without texture compression:

[LOG 23:10:35.014] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX
[LOG 23:10:35.112] [TextureReplacer] Generated mipmaps for TextureReplacer/Default/EVAtexture [1024x1024 DXT5 -> RGB24]
[LOG 23:10:35.719] [TextureReplacer] Generated mipmaps for TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX [2048x2048 DXT1 -> RGB24]
[LOG 23:10:35.727] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY
[LOG 23:10:36.362] [TextureReplacer] Generated mipmaps for TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY [2048x2048 DXT1 -> RGB24]
[LOG 23:10:36.377] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ
[LOG 23:10:36.977] [TextureReplacer] Generated mipmaps for TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ [2048x2048 DXT1 -> RGB24]
[LOG 23:10:36.993] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX
[LOG 23:10:37.633] [TextureReplacer] Generated mipmaps for TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX [2048x2048 DXT1 -> RGB24]
[LOG 23:10:37.644] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY
[LOG 23:10:38.277] [TextureReplacer] Generated mipmaps for TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY [2048x2048 DXT1 -> RGB24]
[LOG 23:10:38.294] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ
[LOG 23:10:38.890] [TextureReplacer] Generated mipmaps for TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ [2048x2048 DXT1 -> RGB24]

And later:

[LOG 23:10:45.915] [TextureReplacer] Mapped GalaxyTex_NegativeX -> TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX
[LOG 23:10:45.915] [TextureReplacer] Mapped GalaxyTex_NegativeY -> TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY
[LOG 23:10:45.915] [TextureReplacer] Mapped GalaxyTex_NegativeZ -> TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ
[LOG 23:10:45.915] [TextureReplacer] Mapped GalaxyTex_PositiveX -> TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX
[LOG 23:10:45.915] [TextureReplacer] Mapped GalaxyTex_PositiveY -> TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY
[LOG 23:10:45.915] [TextureReplacer] Mapped GalaxyTex_PositiveZ -> TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ

Any ideas?

Edit: FWIW, these are jpeg files apparently from the "Reality" pack distributed back when UniverseReplacer was a thing. They were renamed to match the naming rules as required by TR. Also, converting those to PNGs seemed to work, so it might just be a jpeg issue.

Edited by Cydonian Monk

Is there a chance to replace the textures of some KSP-Parts like the PPD-10Hitchhiker? In Universe Replacer i added the follow line in the .cfg file so i could change there the texture:

Squad/Parts/Command/crewCabin/model000 = Textures/Parts/Pods/PPD-10Hitchhiker/model000

- and with a little bit of work i have this result with universe replacer (but i will switch to this mod :wink:)

2CNRmYt.jpg

Is there a chance to replace the textures of some KSP-Parts like the PPD-10Hitchhiker? In Universe Replacer i added the follow line in the .cfg file so i could change there the texture:

Squad/Parts/Command/crewCabin/model000 = Textures/Parts/Pods/PPD-10Hitchhiker/model000

- and with a little bit of work i have this result with universe replacer (but i will switch to this mod :wink:)

-snip-

Hey, isn't this the logo from my "Jool of Kerbol system" AAR? :)