BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Hmm... As/of 0.21 my Galaxy Textures stopped working and only show a black background...

Edit: FWIW, these are jpeg files apparently from the "Reality" pack distributed back when UniverseReplacer was a thing. They were renamed to match the naming rules as required by TR. Also, converting those to PNGs seemed to work, so it might just be a jpeg issue.

Confirmed. I had PNGs for the planet surface textures and JPGs for the skybox - hence why only the skybox has been failing.

Could You, please, make option to spawn Kerbals with helmets and jetpacks even on Kerbin, like in vanilla game ?

Please, read mod's config, you just need to comment/uncomment a line... :)

// Kerbal on EVA is spawned without a helmet and in its IVA suit when on a
// planet with oxygen in its atmosphere (Kerbin and Laythe in the stock solar
// system) and air pressure is at least `atmSuitPressure` in bars.
// Uncomment the following line to always use complete EVA suit with jetpack.
//isAtmSuitEnabled = false

// Minimum air pressure required for Kerbals to spawn in IVA suits.
// Default value is 0.5.
//atmSuitPressure = 0.5

Edited by Proot

I think that the skybox in my next release is realist enough to find some stars, constellations and so on...

-snip-

You should totally start your own thread, your texture packs are way too good to be lost in the crowd - the people have to see them.

Hey, isn't this the logo from my "Jool of Kerbol system" AAR? :)

Oh Yes - its inspired from this - i changed little things - but i will change this soon to a own one ;)

But my question was can i change Part textures with TextureReplacer? The name of the partmodels is always model only in a different folder. I dont know how i tell the mod which part i want to change...

Oh Yes - its inspired from this - i changed little things - but i will change this soon to a own one ;)

But my question was can i change Part textures with TextureReplacer? The name of the partmodels is always model only in a different folder. I dont know how i tell the mod which part i want to change...

No, it's not possible. However, it's not a problem to replace the texture file on disk (the extension doesn't matter, you can, e.g., delete `model000.mbm` and put `model000.png` in it's place).

Perfection achieved: 1.0 released :cool:.

The JPEG mipmap generation big is fixed, plus the set of directories (actually path substrings) where the mipmaps should be generated is now configurable.

Great achievement shaw, many thanks as community member.

One question about the mipmap generation: If I have Texture Compressor Mod installed, is not doing that job already? Or is the Mipmap generation left to TC if it's present, like the compression?

Great achievement shaw, many thanks as community member.

One question about the mipmap generation: If I have Texture Compressor Mod installed, is not doing that job already? Or is the Mipmap generation left to TC if it's present, like the compression?

Totally missed TC added that feature. I guess it should work nevertheless.

Totally missed TC added that feature. I guess it should work nevertheless.

You are very talented so probably this works perfectly.

I'm more concerned about duplicated mipmaps with huge textures (as 8k Kerbin). My memory usage is allways at the limit and I must be careful to avoid crashes.

EDIT: Np. I'm trying it and I don't know how or why, but works better than never. U are a genius, thank you very much!

Edited by Proot

Have a couple of questions, how does the genericKermin option works, I mean how the game knows who is male and female?, also random heads, is there a way to have a pool of different heads and make the game choose one random for every Kerbal?

Have a couple of questions, how does the genericKermin option works, I mean how the game knows who is male and female?, also random heads, is there a way to have a pool of different heads and make the game choose one random for every Kerbal?

Game doesn't know who is male or female. `GenericKerbals` and `GenericKermins` are just two separate pools from which random textures are selected. If the head is selected from `GenericKermins` so will be the suit and v.v.

You are very talented so probably this works perfectly.

I'm more concerned about duplicated mipmaps with huge textures (as 8k Kerbin). My memory usage is allways at the limit and I must be careful to avoid crashes.

EDIT: Np. I'm trying it and I don't know how or why, but works better than never. U are a genius, thank you very much!

I don't know the inner workings of Unity, how it manages the textures and frees the memory, but I doubt the mipmaps could be duplicated, they might merely be generated twice. However, TR checks if a texture already has mipmaps, so if TC is run first (probably it is, AFAIK KSP loads mods in alphabet order) there would be no duplication or whatsoever.

No, it's not possible. However, it's not a problem to replace the texture file on disk (the extension doesn't matter, you can, e.g., delete `model000.mbm` and put `model000.png` in it's place).

Oh great - it works! You are a genius ! ;) Many thanks!

Texture replacer seems to be crashing KSP on load. Before I drag out the bug reports, are there any known issues that might cause this sort of problem?

No. Maybe really outdated ModuleManager? Try to disable mipmap generation first, then texture compression only and then both (GameData/TextureReplacer/PluginData/TextureReplacer/Config.cfg). Please report back what happens in these three cases.

My "Pimp my Kerbals" pack has a "default" texture head in his Default folder (my enhacement of the stock version). The Kerbal one that appears in the opening. Delete heads you don't like and use a copy of that to override at your taste.

Edited by Proot

@Shaw check this, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70089-Reflection-Plugin-Continued

Could it be used in the helmet glass without lose the actual reflection of that part? Anyway I tried to use it, but don't know right now any part to configure a .cfg for the helmet or it glass, exists?

and one more shoot, could TR Mod allow us to add a texture layer for use that reflections without modify original textures?

I mean, one thing running in my head: could TR manage a new texture layer for the windows in the stock pods, which could use this new fancy reflections at low resolutions (for best performance)?

This could be an awesome feature in order to get much more realistic glass in our ships and maybe in our kerbal suits.